Pullstart

Another vehicular switcheroo in the works

Sparky

Cool! I’ve always wanted a Jeep. One of these days .....

• Thanks 1

JCM

I've always wanted a Suburban. One of these days.

• Haha 3

Pullstart
Just now, JCM said:

I've always wanted a Suburban. One of these days.

I know of a 2011 about to be for sale...

• Haha 2

JCM

Really like the 95-99 or of course an old Square body.

• Thanks 1

19richie66

I always wanted a lift :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 5

Pullstart
17 minutes ago, JCM said:

Really like the 95-99 or of course an old Square body.

I’m a fan of a square body.  

We have her “old” ‘02 still too.  Yeah, we’re really good at selling stuff....  I have a set Ford solid axles with a driver’s side pig she wants me to put under that one and make the top removable like the square body blazers used to be for a family sized dune rig.

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Jennifer
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

30743942-2D29-444C-B372-99FDC7966102.jpeg

Thats the way to fit more in the garage!  Space saver lift!

Edited by Jennifer
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
10 minutes ago, Jennifer said:

Thats the way to fit more in the garage!  Space saver lift!

The things we can’t get rid of...  the S10 is V8 powered and the reason we met.  She did a burnout at work to scare a kid she worked with and she caught my eye.  

Yep, another project :laughing-rofl:

34DDEE4B-069E-4623-8BF6-EFFFBF098704.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 3

ebinmaine
18 minutes ago, pullstart said:

S10 is V8 powered

Love those.....

@JCM maybe I can hook you up with a nice clean maroon '99 big block Suburban....

• Haha 2

SylvanLakeWH
10 hours ago, pullstart said:

she wants me to put under that one and make the top removable like the square body blazers used to be for a family sized dune rig.

Uhm...And so...where is the build thread and progress pictures on the Boss’s rig?

:ychain:

Tick tock...

:ROTF:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
32 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Uhm...And so...where is the build thread and progress pictures on the Boss’s rig?

:ychain:

Tick tock...

:ROTF:

Some day...  hopefully..... maybe....

• Like 1

squonk

Those short WB Jeeps are hard on the back. Give me a GMC Denali with leather heated and cooled seats:occasion-xmas: Oh and a lift to work on the Horses.:)

Edited by squonk
  • Thanks 2

Pullstart
15 minutes ago, squonk said:

Those short WB Jeeps are hard on the back. Give me a GMC Denali with leather heated and cooled seats:occasion-xmas: Oh and a lift to work on the Horses.:)

There aren’t many jarring holes on her 3.3 mile drive to work.  

We also have a ‘99 Subaru wagon she could drive, but it needs to be fully detailed.  We gave it to a family member in need for about a year or so, but when she unexpectedly gave it back, it resembled an ash tray at the trucker’s lounge.  That car, I’m torn about.  I put my spare buggy engine in it to get it moving down the road, but my buggy needs that spare engine.

Speaking of lifts for the horses... my new creation is too short to span over the lift in the floor, but too long to fit on my table I built to sit on top of the lift. I guess I’ll have to scab together another table top!

ronwh

Agree with you 100% Squonk. 

• Haha 1

CCW

My brother has a 95 jeep CJ that is fun to drive....for a day.  Working the clutch and bouncing around at 66 is not a good time.  Today I saw an old Willey's on the back of trailer and thought "Nice".  But I changed my mind pretty quick.

ZXT
On 2/16/2020 at 7:26 PM, pullstart said:

The things we can’t get rid of...  the S10 is V8 powered and the reason we met.  She did a burnout at work to scare a kid she worked with and she caught my eye.  

Yep, another project :laughing-rofl:

34DDEE4B-069E-4623-8BF6-EFFFBF098704.jpeg

Man, how many cars do you have? Doesn't look like there's a shortage around your place!

You could pull the engine out of the 02 Burb and LS swap the S-10!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, ZXT said:

the S-10!

Someday when I have money and time to do it I'd love to make a neat old V8 S10. I've known three or four guys over the years that had them. One was even a daily driver.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Pullstart
23 minutes ago, ZXT said:

Man, how many cars do you have? Doesn't look like there's a shortage around your place!

You could pull the engine out of the 02 Burb and LS swap the S-10!

There’s a few alright, but we have cut down significantly if you can believe it.  There’s almost as many vehicles as there are Wheel Horses!

’69 C10 350/3 on the tree

’73 VW (Subaru powered buggy)

’84 S10 305/700R4

’84 F-350 Dump truck (purchased solely to move dirt while we some day dig a pond and it’ll be sold)

’96 Subaru Impreza Legacy (need to pull drivetrain and harness/computer and scrap the car out)

’97 Jeep TJ Wrangler

’99 Subaru Forrester (this was purchased, engine swapped and given to a family member in need.  She recently gave it back, unexpectedly.  Not sure what to do with this for the time being)

‘99 Silverado 1500 5.3 with front plow, only 76k on the ticker (thinking this is a prefect first vehicle for one of the girls in a few years)

’00 K3500 5.7 plow truck

’01 2500HD 4x4 plow truck 6.0 (I’ve decided to sell this in another month and a half)

’01 2500HD 2 wheel drive “Norman” 6.6/ZF6

’02 Suburban 5.3 (will either become a topless lifted dune truck or drivetrain pulled and scrapped out)

‘11 Suburban 5.3 (once Jeep is fixed up and reliable to drive every day, this’ll be sold)

’20 Silverado 2.7T

Countless 4x4 parts for square body Chevy trucks...  When I plowed with an ‘82 3/4 ton I wanted to be able to fix anything with available spares.

10 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Someday when I have money and time to do it I'd love to make a neat old V8 S10. I've known three or four guys over the years that had them. One was even a daily driver.

We have debated over and over again whether we should update the Powertrain in the S10 or not.  It’s what brought us two together... her and a good smoky burnout catching my eye.  Back then, it WAS her daily driver.  A shackled up 2 wheel drive V8 S10 in the winter time is good clean fun!  A few years back, I practically could have had a rust free body given to me.  Once I told Mrs. P about all my plans to swap stuff, she kindly reminded me it wouldn’t be the same truck anymore.  We’ve considered doing a solid front axle swap and converting to 4x4 too.  That is my dream truck with some 35-37” tires.  Problem is, dream vehicles don’t tote families around very well.

• Like 2

Pullstart

@ZXT does this make you feel better about your V10 and Porsche collection?

• Haha 1

ZXT
6 minutes ago, pullstart said:

There’s a few alright, but we have cut down significantly if you can believe it.  There’s almost as many vehicles as there are Wheel Horses!

’69 C10 350/3 on the tree

’73 VW (Subaru powered buggy)

’84 S10 305/700R4

’84 F-350 Dump truck (purchased solely to move dirt while we some day dig a pond and it’ll be sold)

’96 Subaru Impreza Legacy (need to pull drivetrain and harness/computer and scrap the car out)

’97 Jeep TJ Wrangler

’99 Subaru Forrester (this was purchased, engine swapped and given to a family member in need.  She recently gave it back, unexpectedly.  Not sure what to do with this for the time being)

‘99 Silverado 1500 5.3 with front plow, only 76k on the ticker (thinking this is a prefect first vehicle for one of the girls in a few years)

’00 K3500 5.7 plow truck

’01 2500HD 4x4 plow truck 6.0 (I’ve decided to sell this in another month and a half)

’01 2500HD 2 wheel drive “Norman” 6.6/ZF6

’02 Suburban 5.3 (will either become a topless lifted dune truck or drivetrain pulled and scrapped out)

‘11 Suburban 5.3 (once Jeep is fixed up and reliable to drive every day, this’ll be sold)

’20 Silverado 2.7T

Countless 4x4 parts for square body Chevy trucks...  When I plowed with an ‘82 3/4 ton I wanted to be able to fix anything with available spares.

We have debated over and over again whether we should update the Powertrain in the S10 or not.  It’s what brought us two together... her and a good smoky burnout catching my eye.  Back then, it WAS her daily driver.  A shackled up 2 wheel drive V8 S10 in the winter time is good clean fun!  A few years back, I practically could have had a rust free body given to me.  Once I told Mrs. P about all my plans to swap stuff, she kindly reminded me it wouldn’t be the same truck anymore.  We’ve considered doing a solid front axle swap and converting to 4x4 too.  That is my dream truck with some 35-37” tires.  Problem is, dream vehicles don’t tote families around very well.

Very nice! I've always thought about how a LS swapped 80s s10 with an overdrive would make a good daily driver.

1 minute ago, pullstart said:

@ZXT does this make you feel better about your V10 and Porsche collection?

Not much better! I'm sitting at 14 vehicles currently (I think, I'll have to recount) but I'm not quite up there with you with Wheel Horses.. Yet! :lol:

• Haha 1

ebinmaine

The one that always fascinated me the most was owned by a customer of mine maybe 1995?

He raced circle track. Built stuff for other guys.

Guy was magic with old school small block Chevys.

He had a 355 that was a circle track engine.

Gigantic racing heads. 471 roots-type blower with a serpentine belt so you couldn't hear it run and know it was supercharged.

7:1 Pistons so he could run on pump gas.

Drag race grade automatic with a medium stall converter so it was sort of almost kind of streetable.

He tossed all that into a mid-80s regular cab 2 wheel drive S10. Fresh dark gray paint with black stripe. 2" hood scoop because he had no choice. He wanted to keep the flat hood but even the lowest clearance air cleaner wouldn't quite go in.

Specs from the supercharger company for aiming at 450 horsepower but he had calmed down compression and cam a little. He figures he was 375 or so.

Ran great. Started great... smooth idle.

And it would tow a trailer like no tomorrow.....

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

ZXT

Yep, I'm at 14. Any pictures of your Subaru powered VW buggy? Sounds like fun!

1963 Corvair Monza 900 Spyder Turbo, 4 speed.
1965 El Camino, 5.3 LS/5 speed
1968 Dodge D200 long bed, 318/4 speed
1970 Toyota Corolla 1200 Wagon, 4 speed
1974 Datsun 260z, 4 speed
1976 Dodge D200, 440, auto
1977 Dodge D100 Club Cab, soon to be 440, auto.
1978 Camaro, 305/auto
1978 Porsche 928, 5 speed. First year, #111 off of the assembly line.
1980 Datsun 280zx, auto
1981 Porsche 928 "copper turd", 5 speed.
1981 Porsche 928, auto - My daily driver.
1985 Toyota pickup, 7MGE inline 6 out of a Supra, 5 speed.
1995 Dodge Ram 2500 V10

Most of my cars are sad project cars though!

Edited by ZXT

ZXT
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

The one that always fascinated me the most was owned by a customer of mine maybe 1995?

He raced circle track. Built stuff for other guys.

Guy was magic with old school small block Chevys.

He had a 355 that was a circle track engine.

Gigantic racing heads. 471 roots-type blower with a serpentine belt so you couldn't hear it run and know it was supercharged.

7:1 Pistons so he could run on pump gas.

Drag race grade automatic with a medium stall converter so it was sort of almost kind of streetable.

He tossed all that into a mid-80s regular cab 2 wheel drive S10. Fresh dark gray paint with black stripe. 2" hood scoop because he had no choice. He wanted to keep the flat hood but even the lowest clearance air cleaner wouldn't quite go in.

Specs from the supercharger company for aiming at 450 horsepower but he had calmed down compression and cam a little. He figures he was 375 or so.

Ran great. Started great... smooth idle.

And it would tow a trailer like no tomorrow.....

Now that sounds fun!

• Thanks 2

Pullstart
2 minutes ago, ZXT said:

Yep, I'm at 14. Any pictures of your Subaru powered VW buggy? Sounds like fun!

1963 Corvair Monza 900 Spyder Turbo, 4 speed.
1965 El Camino, 5.3 LS/5 speed
1968 Dodge D200 long bed, 318/4 speed
1970 Toyota Corolla 1200 Wagon, 4 speed
1974 Datsun 260z, 4 speed
1976 Dodge D200, 440, auto
1977 Dodge D100 Club Cab, soon to be 440, auto.
1978 Camaro, 305/auto
1978 Porsche 928, 5 speed. First year, #111 off of the assembly line.
1980 Datsun 280zx, auto
1981 Porsche 928 "copper turd", 5 speed.
1981 Porsche 928, auto - My daily driver.
1985 Toyota pickup, 7MGE inline 6 out of a Supra, 5 speed.
1995 Dodge Ram 2500 V10

You have a ‘65 LS stick El Camino and you don’t daily that?  Huh?  What?  Why?  How?  

That’s an impressive list array of wheels :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1