Pullstart

Maybe this is why we should plow with tractors!

ebinmaine

Interesting set-up

Tractor boy

@pullstart how do you like the back plow? Does it work good compared to a regular plow on the front? Saw these online from time to time and was wondering how well they work. Thanks- Tractorboy 

Pullstart
8 minutes ago, Tractor boy said:

@pullstart how do you like the back plow? Does it work good compared to a regular plow on the front? Saw these online from time to time and was wondering how well they work. Thanks- Tractorboy 

It is about 90% of what clears my snow.  I’ve had a back blade on a truck since I was 16.  I’ve had this one for 5 seasons now I believe.  Maybe 4.  Not sure.  Either way, the winged back blade is a total game changer and was originated here in West Michigan.

• Like 2

Tractor boy

@pullstartIs it easy to do residential with or do you prefer the front blade? We have about 6 commercial lots and 40 -45 residential lots we do. Only one of the places we do has loading docks, so we just use a skid steer with a 12” box on it and back drag........

Edited by Tractor boy

Pullstart
9 minutes ago, Tractor boy said:

@pullstartIs it easy to do residential with or do you prefer the front blade? We have about 6 commercial lots and 40 -45 residential lots we do. Only one of the places we do has loading docks, so we just use a skid steer with a 12” box on it and back drag........

Most driveways are 16’ wide or less.  I put a 2” hitch in the center of the plow for a tow/tug point.  Center it on the garage door, spread your wings and fly.  I pull it to the end of the drive, lift and drive over it, then back it to the side at a 45 and stack it.

Pullstart

Grandma and Grandpa’s drive is probably 125’ long, the garage is next to the drive.  I can back in and stack the whole drive.

7CF5E6FA-4B1F-48C6-936D-A4CD93D2B0EE.jpeg

• Like 1

Pullstart

I’m back up and running and believe in helping those in need.  Karma or just the right thing to do?  I believe it’s just first instinct.

A208552D-B77E-4B72-AA12-5AA166765987.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH
14 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I’m back up and running and believe in helping those in need.  Karma or just the right thing to do?  I believe it’s just first instinct.

A208552D-B77E-4B72-AA12-5AA166765987.jpeg

Helped some folks out of ditches yesterday on a road in Pontiac - the good ole fashion way... My little hand shovel and some "old guy" shoulder pushing...

This morning my back felt like your truck did yesterday... I think a hose broke and lost a lot of fluid!!! :D

I like your system better!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

MikMacMike
On 1/18/2020 at 1:58 PM, pullstart said:

I was able to jack the plow in place... or close enough to bust out the welder.  I’ll get the trip springs out of the way then start burning on the steel.

A1481CC9-8386-4539-B98D-5BB23F3242C3.jpeg

C4013B68-233F-4560-B95F-8BC2C6E180E7.jpeg

Hmmmmmm, Im not giggling, and Im sertainly not laughing......just a little puzzled! Jack jacking the hoist, hoist jacking the plow but what the heck and is the plow doing to either of them? Hehehehehe......what the heck did you catch to crack it like that? May be yer sliders are set too low. Or may be it was just years of fatigue and it was its time?? We all break sooner or later, its an einstyne thingy heheheheh, gouge er out n put a man weld on er brother ! It looks like its been fortified in the past for a reason??

• Haha 1

Pullstart

@MikMacMike The floor jack was my fail safe... If I recall.  See how those 4x4’s stacked up would fAil and I’d stay safe?  I was actually trying to manipulate the snapped piece back into position and the hoist arms were twisting it for a little bit.  A reposition with the jack holding it from fatiguing the 1/4” plate, 

• Excellent 1

MikMacMike
21 hours ago, pullstart said:

@MikMacMike The floor jack was my fail safe... If I recall.  See how those 4x4’s stacked up would fAil and I’d stay safe?  I was actually trying to manipulate the snapped piece back into position and the hoist arms were twisting it for a little bit.  A reposition with the jack holding it from fatiguing the 1/4” plate, 

Yuppers, safty 1st. and I aint pull starten yer leg buddy.....smiles. Looks like you got some nice thick beads on er too. I know evrytime Im in a rush I almost always break something......ask my unc, I crashed head first into his machine shop when I was cutting ther grass with Big red.....she went up on the 2 rear wheels and all I saw was sky.......well untill I hit the wall, blodied nose, both legs bleeding and a mouth full of Big reds hood paint. I think I was knocked unconcouse for a sec too....LMFAO, Unc comes over asking if I was ok while I was asking **** did I hurt BIG Red.  When I slow down it only takes minutes longer and I dont waste a day getting stitches or trying to breath through my mouth cuz my nose is plugged with blood hahahaha.

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

Here's an interesting story since we're on the subject of plowing. My cousin years ago worked for the county in Iowa and was driving  One of the very large snow removal trucks and at the time when we were having drifts at least 7 to 10. feet tall.

He told me stories of cars that would 

be abandon and the snow would drift 

over. Well connect the dots!!

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
On 1/19/2020 at 11:11 AM, Tractor boy said:

On 1/19/2020 at 11:28 AM, Tractor boy said:

@Tractor boy I just cleared these two lots and never used my front plow.  All dragging, scraping and stacking were completed with just the Swing Wing.

E35167EA-D735-46FE-8E36-6E0178946DFC.jpeg

28621E97-1BF0-4B1F-ABF8-3B50430CCB11.jpeg

36C2E774-E081-46FD-89CA-A8CBA3932334.jpeg

6DF5A244-F0C1-400A-9C01-B46F87CAE30F.jpeg

• Excellent 2

bottjernat1
On 1/18/2020 at 2:43 PM, pullstart said:

That should hold.

6C6CEF96-ED2E-47AA-8B50-75C5ED8E80F6.jpeg

Looks like she is going to break anywhere but were the new weld is!! Boom mic drop! LOL

• Haha 1