Pullstart

The Loaner

WHX??

Needless to say ther was no shortage of road tunes!

• Like 1

Achto

@WHX24 I threatened to put that song on repeat the last time that we went to PA. I might have to turn that into a promise for the next trip.:lol:

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

Achto

On second thought, 14hrs of "East Bound and Down" may be too much. Maybe I'll throw in some "She Got The Gold Mine" every now & then with my all Jerry all the time montage.:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

PeacemakerJack

Soooooooooo...:angry-tappingfoot::confusion-waiting:

You are leaving us hanging here Kevin. Did you decide to pull the trigger on the new truck?  If so, I’m guessing that you are snagging a new one and if a new one, what color did you choose, what options did you pick?

Details?

• Haha 1

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:

Pullstart

Suspense killing ya Jack?

The truck in Detroit is available to dealer trade and we are going through with this.  Hey, I don’t think anyone can blame me... we never named the Colorado officially!  I am just too concerned with this drivetrain noise to stay confident in the Colorado and they haven’t yet been able to duplicate the sounds and feels we’ve had come from it.  The savings are not as huge as claimed on the website figures, but they will still reduce my payment and give a bigger truck.

It’s a 2020 Silverado RST crew cab “long box” with automatic locking rear diff, all terrain tires and a premium sound system.  The rest of the accessories and packages are beyond me but there’s heated seats, steering wheel, blah blah.  The back seat has heat and a/c but is not heated of course whereas the Colorado has no creature comforts for the girls in the back.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

clueless
8 hours ago, pullstart said:

Suspense killing ya Jack?

The truck in Detroit is available to dealer trade and we are going through with this.  Hey, I don’t think anyone can blame me... we never named the Colorado officially!  I am just too concerned with this drivetrain noise to stay confident in the Colorado and they haven’t yet been able to duplicate the sounds and feels we’ve had come from it.  The savings are not as huge as claimed on the website figures, but they will still reduce my payment and give a bigger truck.

It’s a 2020 Silverado RST crew cab “long box” with automatic locking rear diff, all terrain tires and a premium sound system.  The rest of the accessories and packages are beyond me but there’s heated seats, steering wheel, blah blah.  The back seat has heat and a/c but is not heated of course whereas the Colorado has no creature comforts for the girls in the back.

Do IT.

Pullstart

I should take delivery on Monday :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

PeacemakerJack

Bet you are excited!:party:

Pullstart

First pics from the salesman, it arrived to the dealer tonight!

D78D6BA2-F23B-437E-BB01-6C6BD3BF1CB6.jpeg

73E89831-5D9D-4047-84BC-F85D11C14DFA.jpeg

06D30453-92E8-43D2-A8C3-7878DA2DE434.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

PICS! 

Someday when you grow up and quit buying Chevys and and buy a big  Dodge you'll  finally figure out they they are all junk ...just somes better junk than others! 

Seriously Kev Cindy had a '05 Canyon that had some valve issues or something. Thankfully all under warranty as they knew they had an issue.  I CRS but we quickly ditched it and was turned off to to anything GMC ever since. Shame too it was a nice little rig. 

I firmly believe OEMs design and build crap before adequate testing so Joe Buyer gets to be the guinea pig. What's worse is the OEMs blame it on parts from their vendor. Same thing with HVAC equipment. ...ok off my :soapbox:

Prolly wise you got rid of the blue truck as other power train problems were sure to crop up. We are going to want know all the gory details on how the dealers had their knickers down tho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

WHX??

Nice dude ...maroon tho???  Wheres the stick my finger down my throat mogie?!?!  Didn't have anything in RED??? Way to nice of a rig for you to trash out tho!!!! :ychain:

• Haha 1

Pullstart
4 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Nice dude ...maroon tho???  Wheres the stick my finger down my throat mogie?!?!  Didn't have anything in RED??? Way to nice of a rig for you to trash out tho!!!! :ychain:

I wanted the red hot, but that’s where I was willing to bend a little for the rebates.  It’s still a sharp color, but not my favorite.

• Like 1

WHX??

Yeah I get it Kev....see that's the difference tween  you and I ... I buy  my trucks and hang on to them for life so they better be a color I can live with! 

New fangled fender flares reminice me of a step side tho....:handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by WHX24

19richie66

Your life or the trucks life? :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 2

WHX??

Both Ritchie!  :laughing-rolling:..... BTW  I ain't coming to the BS if you ain't  gonna be ther! 

• Confused 1

Pullstart
9 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Yeah I get it Kev....see that's the difference tween  you and I ... I buy  my trucks and hang on to them for life so they better be a color I can live with! 

New fangled fender flares reminice me of a step side tho....:handgestures-thumbupright:

You ever pay attention to a picture I post, you’ll see I hang on to most every truck I buy too...  But I’m not gonna pay what a new truck runs for, to let it sit in the shop or be weary of driving to... say... WI for a plow day or something...  know what I mean?

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

WHX??
10 minutes ago, pullstart said:

You ever pay attention to a picture I post, you’ll see I hang on to most every truck I buy too...  But I’m not gonna pay what a new truck runs for, to let it sit in the shop or be weary of driving to... say... WI for a plow day or something...  know what I mean?

Yeah  I hear ya Kev.. you post so many dang pics tho you is blinding me! Gotta tell ya too Dodge ain't been outta the shed for two three months now. They salted the frickiin roads here and temps are in the 40s. You know what salt does and my Baby has gotta outlast me! That's why I got a fish truck with mice in it..... Sides Dino like to spill his wine ... ok and encouraged in the fish truck! 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

WVHillbilly520H

I myself have been musing with the idea of another truck... I went from a 97 GMC extended cab V8 5spd to 2000 Silverado 3rd door extended cab V8 5spd to my 14 Silverado double cab V8 6spd auto... Now looking at this one or one in shadow gray metallic V8 10spd auto... BTW @WHX24 at least the General can build its own diesels and trans :music-singing: :eusa-doh: :ychain:... Plus my chebbie ain't feared of oil bit salt (they use liquid calcium chloride to pretreat the asphalt here, @pullstart I drove a newer Colorado wasn't a fan after stepping up to a full size many a moon ago...

20191013_170457_HDR.jpg

20191013_170528_HDR.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

WVHillbilly520H

@WHX24 Jim ya know I'm just pickin on ya... Like you said they are ALL junk just somes better than others... And if we all like the exact same thing life would be very dull and boring.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Pullstart
5 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

@WHX24 Jim ya know I'm just pickin on ya... Like you said they are ALL junk just somes better than others... And if we all like the exact same thing life would be very dull and boring.

Nice to see ya around here Jeffro!  Nice rig there too.  I’m still not sold on those fender vent things up front... but it is what it is.

• Like 1

WHX??

You pick all you want Billy ... this is Pullstart's thread we is jackin and he ain't gonna care as long as we is yakin trucks! 

Maybe the General shouldn't build their own trannies...  Kevs Colorado being case in point.  The Allisons they used back in the day in the HD 2500s was the best but bean counters at GM prolly put an end to that???

• Haha 3

WHX??

So here's my end theory Kev .... you get that  new ( puke maroon ) truck and just use it for haulin the girls around and date nites (salted roads permitting) and use Norman or mice trucks when things get nasty.... right? Norman being a southern truck and no rust maybe save him for Portage, plow days & Big Shows! :happy-partydance:

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 1

Achto
4 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

The Allisons they used back in the day in the HD 2500s was the best but bean counters at GM prolly put an end to that???

Not sure if ya new this Jim, GM & Allison have been in bed together since the beginning. GM & Isuzu have been together for years also. Thanks to this partnership Isuzu helped GM make a decent diesel engine through a joint company called DMAX 

• Haha 1

WHX??

If I could keep up with all the corporate changes Dan I could pull my head out my keester and you would be working for T&J gennies! :lol:

• Haha 2