Pullstart

The Loaner

Pullstart

Every time I hear of a Loaner, I think of “The Mask”.

D56193A4-A7C4-4F80-AD4D-5B2DC2DA46A3.png.6a09feeb070511c708e53d8129e359ed.png

My Colorado is in the dealer for some service work.  There’s a funky clunk like it’s stuck in 4x4 once in a while and they haven’t been able to duplicate it of course.  There is a service bulletin that states they need to flush the transmission with a special synthetic fluid but I wonder if it’ll actually fix the issue.  They asked me if I would like a truck or Tahoe for my loaner vehicle.  I asked for the Tahoe thinking we’d use it for running to and from Christmas parties, hauling gifts, etc.  Then they said “we normally keep the Tahoe for women with children (then why did you offer it?).  I am driving a brand new Silverado with a 2.7 liter four cylinder gasser.  It does have a turbo and about double the horse power and very close torque as my 2.8l turbo Duramax.  I priced out a similar package to what I have in the Colorado as far as interior accessories and options went and found out I might be able to save $200 a month on payments!  

I am seriously considering trading the ZR2, my little blue truck that could for another new pickup.  It’s hard to believe... but I might just do it!

Here is the loaner.  I would probably opt for the crew cab long box and might even be inclined to lift it a couple inches...

F1C623A0-434F-4D0F-9C63-5C6B2821407D.jpeg.6905d67b3647e92be2785faadb089fe5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Achto
4 hours ago, pullstart said:

I am driving a brand new Silverado with a 2.7 liter four cylinder gasser.

:eusa-think: I'm sorry, I don't get it. Full size truck, lil bitty engine?? They may advertise HP & torque butt.... hook a load on behind that thing and see what it will really do before making a decision. I may be old school but I'm still a believer in "there is no replacement for displacement".

Example: 2.7L turbo Silverado=7200lb towing at 16mpg average daily use

5.3L Silverado = 11,600lb towing at 18mpg average daily use. On average a 5.3L only cost about $1500 more than the 4cyl turbo.

Above figure as tested by Car & Driver on the 2019's

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a25177218/2019-chevy-silverado-1500-four-cylinder-drive/

:twocents-mytwocents:

Edited by Achto
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Pullstart

@Achto I understand your reasoning, but I have heavier duty trucks that’ll pull more if pulling is needed.  Really what the ZR2 (or this would be) for is running kids around, getting some lumber (or a couple tractors?). This thing is zippy and efficient and I wouldn’t be afraid one bit to hook up a trailer full of horses and come to plow day :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 5

Tractorhead

Hey Kevin, i like the Optics from the new Truck but one word about that Turbocharged Engines:

The only thing i was curious how long should that Engine take heavier Loads.🤔

Maybe it‘s not a real comparsion, it‘s a Truck with an Car but i had my own experiences about.

As you know, we have an Insignia 2,0 Turbo 4x4 with originally 250 BHP.

The original Engine was a A20NHT, turbocharged and intercooler, what shall be fine for up to 270 BHP.

It was in original condition without any chipping at 250BHP and runs fine til GPS measured 264Km/h in peak.

The first Engine blasts at 163.000 Km, ( rip in cylinderwalls in lower Engineblock) a thermal failure,

i found later out, that this is a known problem at the A20NHT Turboblown Engines, if they will be used hardly.

This Engines are calculated for a max. Of 40% full throttle passes at once or 65% of maximum Load in lower speed.I get that information from a Guy, that uses this Engine for Racing Purposes on private DTM Cars.

This Engine dies in a time we “blow“ it every second Weekend for a1200 Km Trip because we need it to do.

each direction was 625 Km door to door, mostly Autobahn with Full throttle, 

what means at GPS read 264Km/h. That was Full Load of the Engine, don‘t ask about consumption,

250BHP need the Feed for 250BHP, that‘s fact.

It was the time, short before Kati‘s Dad passed.

So she needs to see him as often as we can, that was the reason for that Stress, once for the Car and also for us, no doubt about it nearly continousely full throttle for 3,5h is definitively Stress.

After the first Engine collapses, we change from A20NHT to an A20NFT the followed Engine the guy offers me because it has few changes improoved to the A20NHT and we got an Engine, that should he used til 320 BHP With lightly mods, but we keep it restricted to 260 BHP, so we had few more Horses in spare. 

I‘m not sure, how long it will last really without troubles, but annoy some Mercedes is easy possible with.😎

Funny to see when Mercedes 500 was restricted to 250Km/h and we „shipped away“ 😂

but the other side in my mind is allway‘s the last of things.

I know, this kind of Engines (downsized Engines) couldn’t be the same reliable as the older ones with Big bore.

All the Turbo powered torque isn‘t the same as a big bore torque, you feel it if the Engine runs under Load.

But once i know for sure, the consumption difference between big bore and Turbo blown wasn‘t that much.

Just the wear was massive stronger at the Smaller Turboblown engines, that‘s for sure.

we calculate the new Engine also for about 160.000 Km, we will see how long it last in reality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
5 hours ago, pullstart said:

crew cab long box

So I guess you are thinking of being able to carry a half dozen :wh: at a time.           :ychain:

CA1E5A1D-6317-4DCC-958B-82EE015259C0.jpeg

• Haha 3

Pullstart

Stefan,  Merry Christmas!  It’s now the 25th in Deutschland so I can tell you that :orcs-cheers:

I wish there was an open stretch of road as to where I had no speed limit for the majority of 3 hours.  That would be amazing...  but other than visiting our Jil every other year or so that’s pretty frowned upon here!  It will bore you next year, that most every place you visit will have a maximum speed of 112 km/h.  Be prepared for that... it’s like driving in the Netherlands!  

I haven’t done too much research on how temperatures work with a boosted gas engine, but am fairly prepared for debate with diesels and boost.  My understanding is that when a diesel is fed more fuel, it gains rpm’s and eventually heat from boost as well.  The best way to cool a diesel is to take away fuel or give it extra volume of air.  Notice I did not mention boost pressure, but just volume. 

With gasoline engines, less fuel creates heat.  So if a boost means such as a turbo was not met with ample amounts of fuel, I can see how a lean condition could be catastrophic.  Other than that, I am a bit lost.  

In the 80’s and 90’s my mother drilled into us kids’ heads that a 4 cylinder in your vehicle is asking for trouble.  She had plenty of quad four horror stories living as a single mom raising two hell raisin’ boys.  :angelic-halo:

I’d love to hook up to a load and run it down the road for an hour to see how things feel.  But I do know that I’ll never have to test it’s maximum tow capabilities so long as Norman or one of my plow trucks is still kicking.

Of course this is all speculation, I’m sure there are year end deals up the wazoo at the dealer and they’d love to sell another new vehicle if they can.  Sometimes the dealer gets more kickbacks from the manufacture even at selling at a loss... just for moving more vehicles.  We’ll see...

Pullstart
16 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

So I guess you are thinking of being able to carry a half dozen :wh: at a time.           :ychain:

CA1E5A1D-6317-4DCC-958B-82EE015259C0.jpeg

Hey, why not?

• Haha 1

Achto
5 hours ago, pullstart said:

I would probably opt for the crew cab long box

Just did a search on this option. N/A unless you consider the 79.44" box as a long box.

https://www.chevrolet.com/trucks/previous-year/silverado/1500/build-and-price/config

Again I'm old school I guess :mellow:. A long box should be 8ft long a short box should be 6.5ft long.  5.5ft boxes should not exist!! :angry-soapbox:  My 4 door Dakota has a 5.5' box, it upsets me that I can't even put my 7' long fishing poles in the back of it. Not even at an angle.  Towing capacity on new trucks has had to increase because you can't fit anything in the back of them any more. Again these are JMO's

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
13 minutes ago, Achto said:

Just did a search on this option. N/A unless you consider the 79.44" box as a long box.

https://www.chevrolet.com/trucks/previous-year/silverado/1500/build-and-price/config

Again I'm old school I guess :mellow:. A long box should be 8ft long a short box should be 6.5ft long.  5.5ft boxes should not exist!! :angry-soapbox:  My 4 door Dakota has a 5.5' box, it upsets me that I can't even put my 7' long fishing poles in the back of it. Not even at an angle.  Towing capacity on new trucks has had to increase because you can't fit anything in the back of them any more. Again these are JMO's

Good catch, I didn’t even realize that!  Yes... a big fat booo! On that one.  I’ll still take what I can get on a longer available box.  As a teen, I saw no use for a long box.  A short box fit my quad and a tool box just fine. Once I got a pickup with an 8 foot bed (now considered super long box?) I realized it is pretty much the way to go.  But I can still find a way to fit a lot of stuff in a pickup, if you need the reminder :handgestures-thumbupright:

Thank you guys for having that skepticism on the new stuff... it helps me keep my guard up a bit more!  I am still upset that you can’t get a CD player in a new (GM) vehicle anymore.  I just want my Hank Sr. jams on repeat sometimes...

• Like 1

Achto
53 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I just want my Hank Sr. jams on repeat sometimes..

No prob there. Just transfer your CD's to MP3 and save them to a USB stick or SD card depending on which one the vehical is set up for. I have enough music on my USB stick for about 48hrs of non stop/no repeat music, plus there is room left over on the stick. You can also repeat an album if you wish.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Merry Cristmas my Friends,

at the Speed limit, i know it allready from 2009, where i was with business along the whole Eastcost, 

begun in Washington dc. 

You cannot compare a Gasser to a Diesel if both have a Turbo.

The Diesel as you know just increases the Intake pressure, added some oil and you get trust out of engine.

At a Gasser, the stoechiometric ratio must be in a range.

i like Gasser Engines, because i‘m familar with, but also driven several years Diesels.

the base differences was dieselengine has less electronic parts they can be fail.

there are in a Gasser much more parts in like ignition and similar.

i know, that the actual diesels als use „drive by wire“ so that this will be no more longer a statement.

i choosed for my purposes in the last years just gasser, because i know and hear much more troubles on the newer Diesels with oxy kat and soot particles filters. Normally the engines shall burnt them free whilst driven, but this fail in several terms. Few of my collegues are have oftem troubles with their diesels about that issues.

it‘s hard to decide but whilst tmarten destroy my 22year old gasser, i buyed the same car again.

Why? Now, it is a bit more expensive in tax than a new one, but it is a Car that didn‘t must be teached like an idiot after changing a defect part.

No turbocharge, so the engine should last a bit longer.

The Car was reliable and if marten wouldn’t kill him, it still runs even now with more 

over 256.000Km, just the Engine control device is killed.

sureley much slower and weaker than the Insignia, but it still runs even if i squeeze ti to VMax.

This will be 178Km/h also not too slow so i can deal with.

With a Trailer hitch i‘m prepared for a trailer use, but fuel consumption sounds like a whirlpool in Tank.

But that Brave little Car handled allready the Pickup of my Beast for about 630Km

and several other short term uses with the Trailer.

It works also with a Trailer, but sometimes i hate the hook on hook off.

I can deal with that car, whilst i need it mostly allone to drive into Office,

an therefore the Smallengine is reliable enough with very less consumption over time.

maybe another smaller car for the „Mom‘s Taxi“ shall be a solution

• Like 2

19richie66

Full size truck and a turbocharged weedeater engine...... no thank you. I do not want to HAVE to depend on a turbo to make the power I could otherwise have with a larger engine. I opted for the 5.0 in the F150 after having many friends with the ecoboosted 6 having issues. Simple for me is better, if you can call any newer engine simple. Im with @Achto on this one. I just can’t see owning a full size truck with a tiny engine.

***My opinion only and is in no way affiliated with any kind of truth or knowledge ***

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

cschannuth
15 hours ago, Achto said:

:eusa-think: I'm sorry, I don't get it. Full size truck, lil bitty engine?? They may advertise HP & torque butt.... hook a load on behind that thing and see what it will really do before making a decision. I may be old school but I'm still a believer in "there is no replacement for displacement".

Example: 2.7L turbo Silverado=7200lb towing at 16mpg average daily use

5.3L Silverado = 11,600lb towing at 18mpg average daily use. On average a 5.3L only cost about $1500 more than the 4cyl turbo.

Above figure as tested by Car & Driver on the 2019's

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a25177218/2019-chevy-silverado-1500-four-cylinder-drive/

:twocents-mytwocents:

The new Chevys haven’t been around as long but I can tell you we use the tiny Ecoboost Ford trucks at work and they are monsters. They tow like a diesel and get great gas mileage when they’re unloaded. It’s also fun to know I can light up anybody I want to at a stop light even though I rarely do things like that, ha ha.  I say go for it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

clueless

Kev, I don't want to be a downer on Christmas day, but my new neighbor bought a new 4 door Colorado same color as yours, non 4WD, gas, about a year ago. After the third time in the shop for trans problems, she got most of here money back and bought a 4door jeep. She told me that one of the techs told her that they were having problems with the new Colorado's transmissions.

Merry Christmas. Chris.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Pullstart

Merry Christmas fellas!  

Chris, I’m glad to hear that other issues have happened to other owners.  I hope for some resolve, or a hefty credit towards something else would work too.  I worked hard to be able to get that pickup and sometimes wish I’d just find another “Norman” 4x4 truck for winter time and call it done... but there’s something about the idea of having a (assumably) more reliable vehicle to tote my kids around, take trips in, etc.  I think of the money that I’ve paid for the Little Blue Truck already and hope it isn’t all for waste.  

I don’t believe that a different fluid will fix this issue.  It makes very hard and loud noises.  I probably should have checked the fluids myself before bringing it in, like I change my own oil too... but this is a severe powertrain issue that should be on GM to solve.

I was told to keep the loaner until they find the problem.  In my mind, they are aware that something’s up, but are trained not to tell me up front.  I feel like I have the best service advisor in the shop, he used to be a lead mechanic and treated me very well in that position.  Last year on November 15 I learned it was his wife (my back property neighbor) who let me track my 8 point.  Now we have a neighborly friendship and he seems to carry that to work with him too.

My father in-law has a 2004 Chevy 2500hd Duramax crew cab long box.  It’s very beat and he was tired of how long it takes to warm up in the winter, so he just bought a brand new F150 with the Eco Boost V6.  He’s still driving the Chevy.  Funny how that works.  

All in all, if we keep it and it’s fixed I’ll be a happy camper.  If we get a different truck, comparable fuel mileage and save money at the end of the month, I’ll be a happy camper.  Because hey!  Like mentioned in another thread....

1. Don’t sweat the small stuff.

2. Everything’s small stuff.

Merry Christmas!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

clueless
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

Merry Christmas fellas!  

Chris, I’m glad to hear that other issues have happened to other owners.  I hope for some resolve, or a hefty credit towards something else would work too.  I worked hard to be able to get that pickup and sometimes wish I’d just find another “Norman” 4x4 truck for winter time and call it done... but there’s something about the idea of having a (assumably) more reliable vehicle to tote my kids around, take trips in, etc.  I think of the money that I’ve paid for the Little Blue Truck already and hope it isn’t all for waste.  

I don’t believe that a different fluid will fix this issue.  It makes very hard and loud noises.  I probably should have checked the fluids myself before bringing it in, like I change my own oil too... but this is a severe powertrain issue that should be on GM to solve.

I was told to keep the loaner until they find the problem.  In my mind, they are aware that something’s up, but are trained not to tell me up front.  I feel like I have the best service advisor in the shop, he used to be a lead mechanic and treated me very well in that position.  Last year on November 15 I learned it was his wife (my back property neighbor) who let me track my 8 point.  Now we have a neighborly friendship and he seems to carry that to work with him too.

My father in-law has a 2004 Chevy 2500hd Duramax crew cab long box.  It’s very beat and he was tired of how long it takes to warm up in the winter, so he just bought a brand new F150 with the Eco Boost V6.  He’s still driving the Chevy.  Funny how that works.  

All in all, if we keep it and it’s fixed I’ll be a happy camper.  If we get a different truck, comparable fuel mileage and save money at the end of the month, I’ll be a happy camper.  Because hey!  Like mentioned in another thread....

1. Don’t sweat the small stuff.

2. Everything’s small stuff.

Merry Christmas!

Kevin, at the end of the day it's just money. and you've never seen a armored truck following a hearse :snooty:.

• Haha 4

ohiofarmer

I do not really understand GM and their transmissions anymore. I have a 2005 Pontiac 3.8 Bonneville.  It shifted very harshly. We were trying to save money and bought a used transmission and on a trip it started shifting harshly as well.  After a frightening sound it made, we pulled in for supper and wondered if we would make it home. I experimented a bit and tried to run in 3rd gear and it made it pretty well. We then discovered that this thing happened when cruise control was used. All you guys with noisy transmissions in GM might want to quit using cruise control ans see if it helps.

Still beating it down the road with 200k. problem still there somewhat. Another problem is that it eats ignition coils for lunch. Our dealer puts in remans that are guaranteed for life and it costs about $75 twice a year for new ones. We will keep on driving it for beat around trips. I even use it to haul shelled corn to fuel my corn stove.

We recently bought our first new car after 43 years of marriage. Toyota Rav4 hybrid and paid cash for it as a retirement car. It gets 36 or so MPG and the regenerative braking has no wear on the brake pads--just enough that they stay shiny enough to kick the rust off the surface. AWD comes with the hybrid which makes it a great deal for us. First non GM that we ever owned.  Every GM car in existence will lunch the seal that keeps water out of the oil at the throat of the fuel injector throttle body.  GM could fix this if they wanted to.

They all have problems, but I am trying something new. I was hoping that I could fit into the new 2020 Tacoma, but I still cannot get my knees under the steering wheel. I could get an additional 3500 off a new Chevy from the GM card points on my card, so the Colorado was looking good. Maybe not. Once you retire, one good car is enough.

ohiofarmer
On 12/25/2019 at 4:59 AM, Tractorhead said:

Merry Cristmas my Friends,

at the Speed limit, i know it allready from 2009, where i was with business along the whole Eastcost, 

begun in Washington dc. 

You cannot compare a Gasser to a Diesel if both have a Turbo.

The Diesel as you know just increases the Intake pressure, added some oil and you get trust out of engine.

At a Gasser, the stoechiometric ratio must be in a range.

i like Gasser Engines, because i‘m familar with, but also driven several years Diesels.

the base differences was dieselengine has less electronic parts they can be fail.

there are in a Gasser much more parts in like ignition and similar.

i know, that the actual diesels als use „drive by wire“ so that this will be no more longer a statement.

i choosed for my purposes in the last years just gasser, because i know and hear much more troubles on the newer Diesels with oxy kat and soot particles filters. Normally the engines shall burnt them free whilst driven, but this fail in several terms. Few of my collegues are have oftem troubles with their diesels about that issues.

it‘s hard to decide but whilst tmarten destroy my 22year old gasser, i buyed the same car again.

Why? Now, it is a bit more expensive in tax than a new one, but it is a Car that didn‘t must be teached like an idiot after changing a defect part.

No turbocharge, so the engine should last a bit longer.

The Car was reliable and if marten wouldn’t kill him, it still runs even now with more 

over 256.000Km, just the Engine control device is killed.

sureley much slower and weaker than the Insignia, but it still runs even if i squeeze ti to VMax.

This will be 178Km/h also not too slow so i can deal with.

With a Trailer hitch i‘m prepared for a trailer use, but fuel consumption sounds like a whirlpool in Tank.

But that Brave little Car handled allready the Pickup of my Beast for about 630Km

and several other short term uses with the Trailer.

It works also with a Trailer, but sometimes i hate the hook on hook off.

I can deal with that car, whilst i need it mostly allone to drive into Office,

an therefore the Smallengine is reliable enough with very less consumption over time.

maybe another smaller car for the „Mom‘s Taxi“ shall be a solution

ohiofarmer

Well, it looks like the sulfur dioxide fanatics made it to Germany. Rudolf Diesel spins in his grave.  What I will never understand is  how you can take a diesel engine that gets 20 miles per gallon and burn more fuel for a given task and have less pollution.  It still takes in oxygen and leaves out carbon dioxide to burn the stuff. There is cost of shipping and distribution of fuel. The VW  Diesels that they repaired to comply with US laws get worse mileage now than they used to.

Prove me wrong

I have a second generation Dodge Cummins . No way I want what they have now even if it were affordable. My one ton 2002 unit with the 5.9 I-6 Diesel was 26 grand out the door. The first generation I-6 was even better without the injection pump failure that I have had to mess with..

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

The sales guy found this truck on the other side of the state.  With current promotions, it looks like I might be able to save close to $300 per month and the difference in fuel efficiency vs fuel prices of gas and diesel will be a wash.  Sounds like it makes the most sense to push for this to happen!

F868D391-52CC-43A0-807D-8632CAAFB737.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead
11 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

Well, it looks like the sulfur dioxide fanatics made it to Germany. Rudolf Diesel spins in his grave.  What I will never understand is  how you can take a diesel engine that gets 20 miles per gallon and burn more fuel for a given task and have less pollution.  It still takes in oxygen and leaves out carbon dioxide to burn the stuff. There is cost of shipping and distribution of fuel. The VW  Diesels that they repaired to comply with US laws get worse mileage now than they used to.

Prove me wrong

I have a second generation Dodge Cummins . No way I want what they have now even if it were affordable. My one ton 2002 unit with the 5.9 I-6 Diesel was 26 grand out the door. The first generation I-6 was even better without the injection pump failure that I have had to mess with..

Please let us exclude the VW Brand completely, that‘s a different point and the biggest corrupted Scam i ever noticed.

Ferdinant Porsche will not only spin in his grave, he will rotate about that idiots.

😱

I think the main Point wasn‘t a discussion about Diesels or Gassers, each Engine has in right Setup it advantages,

Manufactureres and politicians decides what shall be actual state of the Art, but we self can decided what is senseful for us and what aren‘t.👍

I see the Main discussions primary in the difference of Bigbore or Turboblown Smallengines and in their use.

The new economy screams for „downsized Engines“, to save Fuel consumption and a rush change of the Cars to smallers.

About the fuel consumption and emissions discuss i understand and agree so far, but how about reliability.

How about the usability - they do some experiments with Things and a customer has to pay for til end of life

independent if it was wrong or right designed. You have to pay what we give you (hidden) 

That is an issue i can see everywhere in the whole industry, a quick change, waste used things as quick as possible, 

Or the customer have to pay for a mess, but without any reliability and if things Are reliable, they get urgently implemented a planned obsolescence. This will be mostly hulled in a few „nice to have“ gadgets to give the Customers a believed need for.

Both engines consumpts physically Fuels and burned them, both have emmissions, that‘s fact.

15years ago i found in the internet a dissertation from Max Planc Institute, where they nailed, that the newer diesels

beeing massive more dangerous to health than the older ones. Funny was, that this was removed after 3 Day‘s in the Web

and cannot be found until now. The same Professor announced 3 months later a dissertation, that the new diesels are more „ healthy“.

Yes sure, i believe...😎

(btw i have the old original dissertation as a PDF saved but only in German)

The Big bore Engines consumpts more in idle, because of the bigger rotated Mass they had to move.

In a Truck i need mostly the Power on torque to pull Loads, that‘s my understanding about.

On the other side - What brings me 350Turbo HP, if the rest of drivetrain fails because to weak designed.

in my Training we call it dimensionating and not designing, that are Wordings i see a big different in.

Additionally if i buy a thing, i want reliability,  that my invest had a chance to bring me a benefit for my invest.

Only to trash some money just to have it, makes no sense in my humble opinion for a Tool, thats a thing for a Hobby.

Each repair added costs, they will be handed over to customers, because there is s mostly a reason found, why this is no Warranty.

On the other side, the Turbocharged engines have a lot more of Wear that‘s also physically fact.

Everybody who tuned anytime an Engine knows, once a reliable longterm engine can just drops a specific quantum of Load.

With extremely high compression, they can move the limits more up, but with more wear.

Same is with Turbocharging and just add a Turbo, is in result Tuning.

Each tuned Engine is a Balance between max. Fuel economy to get a maximum on torque and reliability.

Sure the materials are better than for 30years, but the long term reliability has to pay for that independently.

I have a friend, who‘s tuned Engines as a professional, his first question to customers is allway‘s:

„Shall it be reliable or did you need maximun on Power i.eg. for Racing purposes, all between is a mixture of them both.“

To get the maximum long term reliability and maximum Power is impossible.

I‘m far away to be a diesel fanatic, except on few older Engines and they are my Hobby😎

Torque in low RPM’s will only be generated out of the Bore, independent if Gasser or Diesel.

And if i see how much stress my Sohn in Law has with his @#€&*** „Blown“ For Focus ST...

This car was brandnew 5 years ago, he loved it in the beginning and Payed close to 30.000 Bucks for.

250BHP out of 2.0 litres Turbocharged Engine, he used it as everyday Car and also for longer Trips.

This thing is now in 5-th year and he drives not a year without Troubles, highpressure Rail troubles, Fuelpump troubles, 

Clutch Troubles ( not wear) Sensor troubles and i can increase this list...

The Car was 3 months at Ford Cologne and they are not able solve that issues until now, they give up.

Most fails until now short after Warranty, but all are things they be worn out.

The search and fix is allway‘s up to me, because Ford Colone (their Engine expert)  

tells him they cannot found the reasons - it seems not senseful to repair, get 3000bucks for and buy new....🤪😎

oh yeah, Experts... no proffessionals there.

Newerday‘s i see, all must be electric driven here and they enforce it by subventions again,

that‘s an issue i see a bit with a smile, because it will be useful in Cities where Charging abilities are given for that Cars,

but not in rural Areas. Even in cities i didn‘t see a quick change, because there are not enough Charging possibilities available.

An overall aveage milage will be less than usable for the moment.

I see the biggest future in Gasoline Engines with hydrogen.

the only alternative between the time will be the Hybrid Cars, but they full of Electronics, to protect themself.

I believe they be just a step between for short term.

Just my sight of the things.

Edited by Tractorhead
  • Like 2

WHX??
On 12/24/2019 at 8:37 PM, Achto said:

No prob there. Just transfer your CD's to MP3 and save them to a USB stick or SD card depending on which one the vehical is set up for. I have enough music on my USB stick for about 48hrs of non stop/no repeat music, plus there is room left over on the stick for this

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

WHX??

WHX??

Was hoping you get a chuckle out of that Dan! :lol:

• Haha 2

Pullstart

My guess is that you four got plenty of Jerry Reed drive time on the way to last year’s big show?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2