953 nut

Let us see some pictures of your Snow movers!

balconio
On 12/5/2019 at 5:32 PM, balconio said:

I guess she's too old for the adjustment knob- I don't have one of those. i crawled under and didn't see any shims- but maybe the spring tension is giving me too much assist? it does seem to let down pretty nice and easy- i don't drop the lever of course but it's not wanting to slam down to the ground when i release it. i also see maybe i can move the pin on the lever that connects it all to the lift arm. when i have my foot on the lift lever (must look pretty funny) i can feel it wanting to push up when i go over wheel ruts. maybe my problem is i need to snowblow before tire tracks pack down the virgin snow making it all uneven?

I also like how trim i look in your sketch- stick figure drawings take off at least 75lbs LOL!

horse_attach.png

It was the assist spring... I loosened the nut a bunch and now when I let it down the blower sits level and doesn't require any down pressure to evenly contact the ground with both wheels. Yeah it's a little more labor to lift now but I think the older gentleman I bought it from wanted the extra assist. If this winter keeps up like this here in NY I'm gonna have a left arm like Popeye...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

MikMacMike
13 minutes ago, balconio said:

It was the assist spring... I loosened the nut a bunch and now when I let it down the blower sits level and doesn't require any down pressure to evenly contact the ground with both wheels. Yeah it's a little more labor to lift now but I think the older gentleman I bought it from wanted the extra assist. If this winter keeps up like this here in NY I'm gonna have a left arm like Popeye...

I have no helper spring on mine. Was thinking it might be a good idea though, when going over ruts or bumps it seems to really stress the lift bar.  Hey then there going to call ya lefty heheheheh

• Haha 1

tom2p
On 12/18/2019 at 10:38 AM, Lee1977 said:

Two inches she could have moved that with the grader blade. A few years back I move about 4" with my grader blade.  I normally just let it melt only take a day or two here.

SAM-0591.jpg

SAM-0592.jpg[/uril}

I gotta get me a grader blade like your grader blade 

Lee1977
10 minutes ago, tom2p said:

That one is home made with a grader blade cut down to 4 ft. 

SAM-0096.jpg

SAM-0806.jpg

SAM-0520.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, tom2p said:

Oh yeah ya do.

They are some handy.

WHX??

FINALLY got enough snow to start the 520 and try out the new to me deuce.Not much 3 maybe 4 inches but still. Unbelievable for WI this is the first appreciable amount of snow this winter! 200 miles to the north they have almost three feet. Just a day ago on  Sunday temps were in the 50's! 

Dan @Achto you get to try the 145 on the sidewalk? 

20191231_063948.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 6
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

PeacemakerJack

AND...you didn’t say what you thought of the deuce Jim?🤔

WHX??
15 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

AND...you didn’t say what you thought of the deuce Jim?🤔

She moves the powder alright! Sometimes too much.. if one is not careful with chute direction she'll blow it right back over on the driveway 50 ft away! 

going to "build" a drift later just so I can stuff this beast into it and  move it again! :greetings-clappingyellow: Love to hear that Onan work! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

SylvanLakeWH

My son is in town from the University of Utah for the holidays and I put him to work on his old clients!!!

In this instance I didn’t mind losing the seat time...! :banana-skier:

5AD5194C-C86C-400B-871A-1B72EE1B61C8.jpeg

7CFE8D4C-866B-4A02-BBDF-D5199DA09AE3.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

JCM

@WHX24    Whats with the boiler flue pipe you got stuffed up your chute  :confusion-confused:  Do I need one of those to make me perform better. When you get a minute an explanation would be nice as in reason with specs, sizing, fastening, stainless ? etc, I'm liking the looks of that a lot but you may have to put it through it's paces some more before a recommendation ?    As always, Thanks and Happy New Year

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
8 hours ago, WHX24 said:

FINALLY got enough snow to start the 520 and try out the new to me deuce.Not much 3 maybe 4 inches but still. Unbelievable for WI this is the first appreciable amount of snow this winter! 200 miles to the north they have almost three feet. Just a day ago on  Sunday temps were in the 50's! 

Dan @Achto you get to try the 145 on the sidewalk? 

20191231_063948.jpg

Jim did you do the impeller paddle extensions ? Besides the "boiler" pipe @JCM says is sticking out the chute I honestly believe it be one of the best mods you can do to these tall chute thrower/blowers... Look here. ... https://www.partstree.com/models/79362-toro-42-snow-thrower-for-300-series-garden-tractors-sn-260000001-260999999-2006/chute-and-rotation-assembly-1/    ... Jim (both of you) the later models had the solid chute deflectors vs the wire rock deflector and in my opinion does increase the velocity the snow exits the chute therefore throwing it further.

Screenshot_2019-12-31-18-50-01.png

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

seven

This thing can plow 3 foot of snow after that I have to put the chains on.

IMG_20170224_125906459.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 4

WHX??
On 12/31/2019 at 3:59 PM, JCM said:

@WHX24    Whats with the boiler flue pipe you got stuffed up your chute  :confusion-confused:  Do I need one of those to make me perform better. When you get a minute an explanation would be nice as in reason with specs, sizing, fastening, stainless ? 

Missed the response on this Jim @JCM but all I did was take a piece of 6" 24 ga stove pipe. Trial and cut to fit it in. Used the upper chute fasteners to hold it in there. I use all stainless hardware for no rusting. It does give a little more distance but I may have to cut it shorter. It plugs up too easy in the wet sloppy stuff and is a bear to unplug. Powder no problems. 

On 12/31/2019 at 5:47 PM, WVHillbilly520H said:

Jim did you do the impeller paddle extensions

In my haste to get it out of the shop for room for other projects I didn't do the rubber paddles @WVHillbilly520H... yet. Too cheap to get the $30 kit off fleabay. Buddy has a whole bunch of old conveyor belt but have yet to pick it up. In watching your vids you can hear them moving snow! Will do before next season. 

• Like 3

rjg854

@WHX24 what are these paddle extentions kits you mentioned above :eusa-think:

WHX??
40 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

paddle extentions kits you mentioned above :eusa-think:

These things here Randy...http://snowblowerimpellerkit.com/ looks like they went up abit they were 30 clams & free ship... maybe from another seller???  All over fleabay & the jungle site.

I just couldn't see paying that when I can easily make them …. been hanging out with Dan @Achto too much! :lol:

Edited by WHX24
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Macgyver

I'm hoping this works here is my snow beast it now has a tall shute

P_20180207_163932.jpg

P_20180207_164000.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

skippy1969

My 1995 520H in Snow mode......

20200322_142836.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5

AMC RULES

1008464438_Screenshot_20200928-074633_SamsungInternet.jpg.579803ecf6695440a2d8e92dd3d4c291.jpg

• Excellent 4

SylvanLakeWH

Wheel_Horse_2020_snow.pdf

Edited by SylvanLakeWH

Goldnboy

20200624_193915.jpg

20200703_080951.jpg

Edited by Goldnboy
  • Like 2

PeacemakerJack

I can’t beliebe that I got sucked into this thread already...I know that it is an old thread from last winter getting a resuscitation but still...I haven’t finished furrow plowing or the remainder of my fall activities and so I don’t care to think too much about the long cold winter ahead but I must...

405D13B1-B7BB-4CEA-9F1B-E12FFC5A71A8.jpeg.178ebc1536181956f47252441631f2ab.jpeg

Like many of you, I like to keep a blade tractor ready as well as a blower tractor.  

92A4B5F9-C694-4741-BEC5-EA9732B4A4A0.jpeg.67dac895936e00977e6652b44f974203.jpeg

My diesel cub has a hydraulic turn 60” Haban blade that I’ve used for a decade to move snow that is around 6” or less. It will move more but that is the point that I transition to the beast...

50B27188-E5E2-4589-BD35-7FD0FCCE480A.jpeg.7cc67f2992a2ae5f8d259f1f8a47a637.jpeg

Kelli’s Dxi.  With the deuce and modifications, this setup will move snow into the neighbors yard without breaking a sweat! 

FE4EFB9C-7A82-4788-8FE0-C6886E0C3C80.jpeg.8cd55dd56b988d9d716f9a798333f42f.jpeg

Now that I have an FEL on this tractor, I had better buy another xi tractor before winter😂😂😂

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
34 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

FEL on this tractor

Best get a move on replacing that one!!!!!

• Thanks 1

WHX??

Nice 520xi over in MN @PeacemakerJack decently priced.... you quit messing around with them :occasion-clown::occasion-clown: the other side of the lake..... just sayin.... :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Shynon
20 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Nice 520xi over in MN

:naughty::naughty::naughty:

• Haha 3