953 nut

Let us see some pictures of your Snow movers!

Lagersolut
44 minutes ago, AHS said:

@Lagersolut I like the C-101. My Dad still has one.. hold on.. there’s me on it in ‘85!💪👍😄

477FE966-7262-4204-A913-A7E97F1F3074.jpeg

The C-101 in my picture was my fathers . He used it mowing 2 acres until I built my place in '94 , that same year he bought a simplicity told me I could have it if not he was selling it . Long story short I used it until it was springing leaks and smoking the wife wanted me to junk it ...wasn't having any of that ....bought the 2005 315-8 classic GT and fully restored the C-101  . ....fast forward to 2019 the herd is up 2 more with a 310-8 and a 416-8 ....and soon to be introduced a freebie a guy was having trouble with ran out and bought a green one  ......lol

Edited by Lagersolut
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

Then mounted the bracket and plow to Trina's 867.

IMG_20191216_184318755.jpg.81268fed228199d87ab49e3b10b58e2d.jpg

I spy something laying on the bubble wrap... Wonder where they ended up :eusa-think:...

• Like 1

ebinmaine

@WVHillbilly520H those awesome brackets will be on the Cinnamon Horse at some point.

I didn't get a pic of it but I had to make up a short link extension to put on the 867.

Being a short frame there's 2 positions you can put the long frame plow. 

Trina liked the position of the plow controls with the frame in the most forward mount holes.

The existing center link was bent at the right angle but was about 1" too short. 

I used a short piece of flat stock and drilled 2 holes. Bolted it to the plow frame and pinned it to the tractor link.

• Excellent 1

MikMacMike
28 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Got the plow back on Cinnamon after Trina painted the face of it the other day.

IMG_20191216_163947208.jpg.8ca42b68d1613b3e6fa48f4d615e6182.jpg

This plow has weak springs so I pulled a couple extra off the pile and made up some longer pins.

IMG_20191216_164011380.jpg.b2e07337a070c6412168c4ae7dff3fb6.jpg

Then mounted the bracket and plow to Trina's 867.

I installed the bolens weights on her tractor as well.

IMG_20191216_184318755.jpg.81268fed228199d87ab49e3b10b58e2d.jpg

IMG_20191216_200627998.jpg.745c794feea2eb969eb7678df06beeeb.jpg

IMG_20191216_200649648.jpg.a88443c41ba6ac2f73baa1cb9cb5473f.jpg

IMG_20191216_200703528.jpg.1f227dd216a400622b0e48d088df0390.jpg

We now have 2 plow tractors!!

Ahhh now I understand what you meant by second spring. Looks like thats the way it came from the factory too ebinmaine. Are those springs hard to stretch?

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, MikMacMike said:

Ahhh now I understand what you meant by second spring. Looks like thats the way it came from the factory too ebinmaine. Are those springs hard to stretch?

Normally yes.

Not mine.

That's why I added 2....

Keeps the plow from tripping forward as easily.

• Like 1

AHS

@ebinmaine what is that? Lying in the bubble wrap?

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, AHS said:

@ebinmaine what is that? Lying in the bubble wrap?

Those are spacers that go between the bottom of the axle and the snow plow bracket to lower the rear of the plow frame thereby raising the front of the plow frame.

They'll give me a little extra clearance at the front of the blade while driving around and make it easier to navigate my rough terrain.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Sparky
10 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

IMG_20191216_200627998.jpg.745c794feea2eb969eb7678df06beeeb.jpg

Is that how you run your plow? With the plow blade leaning forward? Just curious as i have messed around with mine and have settled on the next holes "up" for the springs to mount in. Wonder if having it lean that far forward made the springs less effective 

1984 GT-1600.jpg

• Like 1

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Is that how you run your plow? With the plow blade leaning forward? Just curious as i have messed around with mine and have settled on the next holes "up" for the springs to mount in. Wonder if having it lean that far forward made the springs less effective 

1984 GT-1600.jpg

I run mine in the third hold down so that I keep most of the plow in a more forward lean. It's tough to see but the bottom two or three in still has a back tilt to it.

I've found that if I put it in the second hole it digs into my dirt driveway too much.

Plows snow great but also plows more dirt.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Wonder if having it lean that far forward made the springs less effective 

To some extent, yes that's definitely true. but the two springs that were on their were both twisted and bent.

I didn't have another new good set so I doubled up instead.

• Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I didn't have another new good set so I doubled up instead.

I'm about to double spring the 56" I just bought to put on the 520.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
21 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

I'm about to double spring the 56" I just bought to put on the 520.

I'll be super curious to know what your impressions are after you have plowed with that...

I'll be able to let you know what I think of the cinnamon plow tonight or tomorrow

WVHillbilly520H
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I'll be super curious to know what your impressions are after you have plowed with that...

The way things look that won't happen till February...:ROTF:

• Haha 3

MikMacMike

So my wonderful little honey has been chomping at the bit to use the snow plow on her horse.

Chomping at the bit. Horse. See what I did there? I made a horse joke and I didn't even mean to.

Well yesterday we got a little less than 2" of snow so off she goes!

Took her a little bit of getting used to because the plow is in the front not on the belly like the grader blade.

Like pretty much anything after just a few minutes she had it figured out..

She got up on the incoming part of the driveway which has a slight Hill to it and was pushing the snow down to the flat to me. I was then pushing it off in front of the house with the rest of what I was clearing.

When the upper driveway was done she went down in the backyard and was even able to clear snow in front of and beside the shed. This past summer we had done some changing of the contour out there to enable us to use a plow and it seems to be working quite well.

This all happened after dark and both of us were busy so there's no pictures yet. 

Next time I get home before dark I'll try to throw together a short video.

Trina had an absolute blast. She told me at least three or four times how much fun it was.

I may have created a monster and you all are partially to blame.

Awwwwww Life is so much more when your partner n best friend is right there with you. All this time shes watched you turn work into fun and now she gets to enjoy it right with ya. THATS what life is all about my friend.

Mike

• Like 1
  • Heart 2

Pullstart
23 minutes ago, MikMacMike said:

Awwwwww Life is so much more when your partner n best friend is right there with you. All this time shes watched you turn work into fun and now she gets to enjoy it right with ya. THATS what life is all about my friend.

Mike

You stick around long enough, you’ll realize that Trina (she has a black belt, so I call her BBT) seems to get her hands on more work than EB when it comes to tractors... maybe any work!  She’s a tough cookie.

• Heart 3

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, pullstart said:

You stick around long enough, you’ll realize that Trina (she has a black belt, so I call her BBT) seems to get her hands on more work than EB when it comes to tractors... maybe any work!  She’s a tough cookie.

ABSOLUTELY TRUE

Lee1977

So my wonderful little honey has been chomping at the bit to use the snow plow on her horse.

Chomping at the bit. Horse. See what I did there? I made a horse joke and I didn't even mean to.

Well yesterday we got a little less than 2" of snow so off she goes!

Took her a little bit of getting used to because the plow is in the front not on the belly like the grader blade.

Like pretty much anything after just a few minutes she had it figured out..

She got up on the incoming part of the driveway which has a slight Hill to it and was pushing the snow down to the flat to me. I was then pushing it off in front of the house with the rest of what I was clearing.

When the upper driveway was done she went down in the backyard and was even able to clear snow in front of and beside the shed. This past summer we had done some changing of the contour out there to enable us to use a plow and it seems to be working quite well.

This all happened after dark and both of us were busy so there's no pictures yet. 

Next time I get home before dark I'll try to throw together a short video.

Trina had an absolute blast. She told me at least three or four times how much fun it was.

I may have created a monster and you all are partially to blame.

Two inches she could have moved that with the grader blade. A few years back I move about 4" with my grader blade.  I normally just let it melt only take a day or two here.

SAM-0591.jpg

SAM-0592.jpg[/uril}

• Like 3

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

Two inches she could have moved that with the grader blade. A few years back I move about 4" with my grader blade.  I normally just let it melt only take a day or two here.

Definitely. We had about four inches of wet snow a week or so ago and she was able to move that with the grader just fine except for not being able to steer.

Old smooth sawtooth style front tires were pretty much only good for going straight forward.

She wants to be able to use it a lot more often and on bigger storms so the mid-mount blade had to go.

We have to scrape EVERY storm unless we know for sure it's going to be very warm the next 2 days after. Otherwise, dirt drive turns to ice.

• Like 2

Al C.

My wife wants me to show her how to use the plow ...  says it looks like fun.  I keep telling her it is very very complicated ;-) !90D29C42-A593-4E5E-BAA3-894CD4F16AD1.jpeg.49ba117abdd6010c0b1970c2a40205b8.jpegC3DBC1A4-1F0A-4B4E-B0B2-37518A098E1F.jpeg.3f5017c8039bca9d21520c7e91d8e8b2.jpegNot sure how long that will work.  

Edited by Al C.
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 6

Lee1977
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Definitely. We had about four inches of wet snow a week or so ago and she was able to move that with the grader just fine except for not being able to steer.

Old smooth sawtooth style front tires were pretty much only good for going straight forward.

She wants to be able to use it a lot more often and on bigger storms so the mid-mount blade had to go.

We have to scrape EVERY storm unless we know for sure it's going to be very warm the next 2 days after. Otherwise, dirt drive turns to ice.

Don't remember have steering problems. The big Kohler planted the front. I was pushing it up in a pile did have trouble backing up if I went to high up on the pile, but the 312 just climbed over like it was there.

• Like 1

Dirtpoor

I just got this I used it once very surprised at how well it did for the condition of this tractor. 

FB4C1B44-A72F-4BA5-A156-4F8B1556C487.png

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

AHS

I moved from the snow plow to a snowblower! Kinda sorta refurbished! New chain, bearings all throughout, new sprockets, along with the auger sprocket. New paint on the chute, auger box... everything but the auger! I was working on it this month, and it was cutting it close! Boy... don’t she throw the snow!!😁💪👍

C28724A0-1396-443B-89D5-EA522679299D.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

MikMacMike

I like the idea of the long shoot, Ive never tried one but they look like they would work better then the shorties?