Pullstart

M18 Milwaukee

JCM

Kevin, I use that same drill on a regular basis normally drilling wood to run piping through, have had it almost 1 year now as I needed a 1/2'' chuck drill and decided to go cordless,I must say I was skeptical but wouldn't trade it for anything now. Make sure you use that removable handle if you are using it for wood drilling when using large holesaws, it can give your wrist a good workout if you are not careful with it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

So... due to regular travels with my cordless tools, and the fact it looks like a grenade went off in my shop I can’t find my charger.  , I’m sure to find my other charger  if I ever clean up my act...,

:laughing-rolling:

Guy that works for me has got one & he drills holes in 10 inch oak beams for 2 in pvc with ease. He doesn't  use the handle but I warn him that thing grabs!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Tuul Crib

Here's what you need 

F46ECA5D-31F2-40BD-86EB-8388687513CB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

Got one as well...

Very pleased with it!

• Like 1

WHX??

Going this route so when the guys leave it on the job or drop it off a 12 ft ladder I don't feel so bad! Battery goes double hockey stick toss it and get a new one! :D

Annotation 2019-11-06 141954.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stormin
1 hour ago, The Tool Crib said:

Here's what you need 

F46ECA5D-31F2-40BD-86EB-8388687513CB.jpeg

No thanks, Randy. Looks like to much work. :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

The Tuul Crib
1 hour ago, Stormin said:

No thanks, Randy. Looks like to much work. :rolleyes:

Yeah but storm just think you have everything you need to work on your tractors !!!

• Haha 1

Stormin

No welder or lathe. :P

I've a Makita battery drill. Had it for something like 13yrs.

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Tuul Crib

Been through the major brands twice over the years and I still go back to the Dewalt.

This was actually a set that my next-door neighbor got when he retired from his company !  I told him he better watch his collection !!!  I need more tools for the 

CRIB!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

I’ve had various Dewalt tools too and no complaints.  I did a whole transmission swap one my plow truck once with a 1/4” Milwaukee impact and a single battery.  I knew that was my next power tool purchase!

• Like 2

ZXT
36 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

Been through the major brands twice over the years and I still go back to the Dewalt.

This was actually a set that my next-door neighbor got when he retired from his company !  I told him he better watch his collection !!!  I need more tools for the 

CRIB!!!

I've never owned anything Dewalt, but I borrowed a guys cordless Dewalt multi-tool on a job site the other day and was extremely impressed. I used it to cut in a few receptacle boxes on a kitchen island that was multiple layers thick, about 1.5" total. Cut through it like nobodys business and it was hardly warm when I got done. I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat if I needed one. We typically use a corded Milwaukee. We also have a cordless Ridgid multi tool and it is a complete piece of garbage. It won't cut 4" rectangle hole in 3/8 inch OSB without shutting down due to overheating.. and it'll give you third degree burns if you touch the motor.

We use Ridgid cordless tools for everything else though - most of our stuff is 5+ years old and has been abused. Most of it should've given out years ago. I drill out entire houses for electrical with our 1/2" drill if we don't have power. It's strong enough that it'll break your hand if it grabs a nail and slaps it into a stud. Our corded Milwaukee hole hawg on the other hand will break your arm and throw you off of the ladder. 

Edited by ZXT
  • Like 3

JCM

@ZXT    Had a bad experience back in 1987 while on an 8' ladder using my milwaukee Hole Hawg with a 2-9/16 self feed bit and things went wrong, almost ripped the left bicep off the bone when the drill kicked back down my arm and I ended up on the crushed stone on the basement floor and that was after being in the trade for 11 years at that point so I DID respect that tool, now I use the Super Hawg Milwaukee with the clutch in low speed, unfortunately the old Hole Hawg had no clutch, thanks to modern engineering.

• Sad 3

WHX??

While we're on the subject of brands I have had mostly Dewalt but mainly cause I did a job for a guy that was a Dewalt rep and I scratched his back and he scratched mine so to speak. They were mostly the older style tools with the old style batteries. They have served me well on many jobs. 

Lately I have been on a Milwaukee kick mainly because I have been getting free Milwaukee tools from HVAC distributors  for buying & selling their products. JCM might know what I talking about ther.

So far so good with the Milwaukee stuff. 

One thing I did buy was the Milwaukee right angle grinder. Thought it might come in handy with a cutoff wheel on it and it does. @Achto says you have to have ten grinders so you never have to switch media and at 10 bucks for one at HF who am I to argue? Just thought it would be handy to have a cordless for those quick jobs so I got the bare tool. 

Sawzall is always a go to but chews batts up quick.

I got three or five M18 chargers Kev want me to send you a couple for Christmas???... never mind you'll just lose them! :ychain:

20191106_190700.jpg

20191106_190720.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??
28 minutes ago, JCM said:

@ZXT    Had a bad experience back in 1987 while on an 8' ladder using my milwaukee Hole Hawg with a 2-9/16 self feed bit and things went wrong, almost ripped the left bicep off the bone when the drill kicked back down my arm and I ended up on the crushed stone on the basement floor and that was after being in the trade for 11 years at that point so I DID respect that tool, now I use the Super Hawg Milwaukee with the clutch in low speed, unfortunately the old Hole Hawg had no clutch, thanks to modern engineering.

Hear you ther JM ... old timber wolf tossed me off a ladder a few times in front of apprentices no less... luckily nothing hurt but pride as a journeymen! Told them that was a lesson in what not to do! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

Put a few on the fridge with that 10 horse short pan and the 953!  I’ll grab ‘em next year!  :ROTF:

• Like 1

Pullstart
3 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Hear you ther JM ... old timber wolf tossed me off a ladder a few times in front of apprentices no less... luckily nothing hurt but pride as a journeymen! Told them that was a lesson in what not to do! :lol:

Funny you bring that up!  I had my cousin’s son over tonight to hang out and help me with a few additions to the deer stand.  I told him if he falls, his mom is going to be pretty upset with me.  Minutes later I was hauling materials up to hand to him and I lost my grip with the one hand holding the ladder.  I was probably 4-5’ off the ground and as I was falling back, just jumped and rolled with it.  I did a backwards summersault and landed on my feet without a scratch, but it could’a been a different story!

• Haha 2

JCM

So @pullstart   Your'e tellin me you are auditioning for the Olympics, when I hit the deck after the Hole Hawg incident I remember looking up at the hole I started to drill and said, what just happened here, could have been real bad, If that happened now I may be sitting on that crushed stone thinking it may be time to go home and have a cold one.

• Haha 3

ZXT
2 hours ago, JCM said:

Whew, I bet you felt that for a while! 

I've never been thrown to the ground by the drill, but there have been a few close calls. Still hurts anyways!

• Like 1

rjg854

I've gone through a few different brands of cordless tools, Milwaukee tops them all.  I've never had any luck with Dewalt, electric or cordless.

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Congrats to that fantastic new Tool.

heeeey, That‘s normal, buy a new tool, and next day you find the things you’re missing,

i believed for sure, they‘re play hide and seek with us, yes Buddy sure.

you can ask my Tools, they did the same.. 😎

Sometimes you find them on places where you fit it

to „have it immediately quick available“..

yes, very typically for such agressive fleeing tools... 😂😂😂😂

I still lurking for a mobile grinder with Accu, 🤔

so i firstly have a look at milwaukee, the offered price for the machine is interesting and in my focus,

as long as i read the offer closer (it’s without accu and without charger) 

The charger with one Accu costs double as the whole machine itself.😎

After that i take a look at Makita where the grinder was a bit up 40€

On the other hand i have the BHP 454 from Makita, what works now since 12years without any troubles.

both Accus are original and have just a drop of 30% power, but also raped as the whole machine 12 years.

About hardcore using, just the Rubbersurface begin to loosening a bit of the machine, but i can live with that.

i‘m really satisfied with my machine, even drilling freehands 1“ in 5 mm steel.

ok, you need the second hand support to do that, but the machine does it simply in low gear.

I‘m unsure, because of the pricepolicy of Milwaukee‘s Charger

and i still have 2 accus and charger for Makita allready.

The handling from the Milwaukee seems better to me - i‘m unsure

• Like 1

Lee1977

My friend and I was drilling lighten hole in a large trail bike sprocket with a big old Shop Smith drill.  The handle and pipe width was close to 18",  we had the sprocket clamp to a low stool. Both holding the drill one on each side. The drill hung up and spun us around the stool wrapped the cord around up and pulled it out of the wall. It took us for a ride went around twice before the plug came out of the wall.

• Haha 1

skippy1969

I love all my Milwaukee M18 and M12 tools. Especially the Fuel stuff, it's AWESOME!!!

• Like 1

Pullstart

Well, I found my charger finally!  It was buried in the middle of the pass through storage in the camper.  I looked from both sides, but it was deep in there!  Just a day or two later, my FIL gifted the rest of his Milwaukee tools to my shop, is now there’s three chargers :ROTF:

RandyLittrell
On 11/6/2019 at 7:01 PM, JCM said:

I have an old Blue Point 1/2" metal cased drill that will rip your arms off if it grabs and your not ready! I know just what you mean!

Randy

• Like 2