nylyon

Picked up a clean tall shoot

nylyon

@gwest_ca sn: 5902014, I updated the OM in the files section.

Sparky

Is this your first tall chute single stage? They chuck the snow much better and farther than the shortchutes. 

• Like 1

nylyon

Yep, I have a 2 stage, but that thing is just massive. I like the smaller single stage, and this one was a price I couldn’t pass on.

• Like 2

peter lena

nylyon , good pick up on that, i would take advantage of the easy turning assembly, lubriplate , chain and cable  spray lube on the chain system , and gearing , along with lubing the  auger gearing on the base of the chute . also go after the belt tension frame , just behind the blower. typically never lubricated , when its free to move ,it  transmits belt power better, use some , teflon spray on the inside of chute . my 36-42 short chute , spins up without effort, good luck with it , pete

• Like 1

berriesandnuts

Hey,  I have one of these also.  Only had a couple years,  and just used it last year.  

The problem I had though, that worm gear barely turns the chute on mine. Was very frustrating when it caked up with snow.  Not sure what to do about it for this upcoming winter.  

wallfish
12 hours ago, berriesandnuts said:

Hey,  I have one of these also.  Only had a couple years,  and just used it last year.  

The problem I had though, that worm gear barely turns the chute on mine. Was very frustrating when it caked up with snow.  Not sure what to do about it for this upcoming winter.  

:WRS:

Remove, inspect and clean all of the parts associated with the chute, especially the plastic pieces under the chute which hold it on the base. Replace them if necessary, there should be 3 pieces I believe. Check for any binding of any of the parts and adjust as necessary. Those tall chutes should swivel fairly easy. A bit of grease on the moving parts helps reduce friction as well

• Like 2

Herder

As for the caked up snow, spry down the inside of the chute and even the auger with WD-40 or something along that line.  This will reduce the amount of snow buildup and keep you moving along.  

• Like 2

peter lena

just installed my 36x42  single stage blower , this my lubricant of choice  https://www.movingupgaragedoors.com/lubriplate-11-ounces-chain-and-cable-areosol-spray?utm_source=google_shopping&_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=Cj0KCQiAno_uBRC1ARIsAB496IVUdPoVze1bZRr8-RTHXXtq85YJ8ysBqmCaR2_X_78VESnfy4Onqo4aAo-uEALw_wcB , you will notice and hear a smoothness and pick up with this. it also comes in a heavy black spray , i have never found another lube that penetrates and stays with rotational equipment like this. i also use this to rustproof mower decks , all of my decks are soaking now in lube over winter , zero rust and clean up easily. this is just moo , pete

nylyon
On 11/7/2019 at 9:48 AM, wallfish said:

Remove, inspect and clean all of the parts associated with the chute, especially the plastic pieces under the chute which hold it on the base. Replace them if necessary, there should be 3 pieces I believe. Check for any binding of any of the parts and adjust as necessary. Those tall chutes should swivel fairly easy. A bit of grease on the moving parts helps reduce friction as well

this weekends agenda is taking apart the shoot and greasing it up. It has intermittent binding, nothing really severe but annoying. How does that plate come off? I haven’t dug into this thing yet but did get it mounted up, spins nicely with no vibrations.  I greased the 2 zerks, sprayed the chain i and sprayed every moving part with oil.

• Like 1

wallfish
10 minutes ago, nylyon said:

How does that plate come off?

6 bolts on top of the plate hold 3 plastic retainers in place. Those retainers ride have a groove in them which rides on the channel. You'll see once removed. Cleaning and greasing those areas should help. Also adjusting the worm gear which turns it. Make sure it's properly aligned and not binding on the chute teeth

• Like 1

nylyon

Thanks John, the blower is in great shape, but could be crusty in there sounds easy to take off though.

berriesandnuts
On 11/7/2019 at 9:48 AM, wallfish said:

Plastic pieces?  It looks like the chute just sits metal on metal.  Just kinda loosely held in place by 3 "retainers"? Not sure if that's what you're referring to.

nylyon

I see where the plastic pieces are, when I take mine apart I’ll take some pictures

wallfish
2 minutes ago, berriesandnuts said:

Plastic pieces?  It looks like the chute just sits metal on metal.

Look under the gear teeth on the chute. Are there 6 bolts on top of the circle with the gear teeth?

berriesandnuts
4 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Look under the gear teeth on the chute. Are there 6 bolts on top of the circle with the gear teeth?

Do you mean the bolts holding these I pointed to with the yellow arrow?

chute-base-pic1.jpg.97b5e34937415217278e631b005eeeff.jpgchute-base-pic2.jpg.eb912a752846038adb03d05bddf0118d.jpg

• Like 1

wallfish

Yes, those 3 pieces hold the entire chute on.

Edited by wallfish

berriesandnuts

I see. It seems that on mine, the chute, when it rotates, shifts around quite a bit. Starts shifting away from the worm gear. The worm gear itself swivels around when I'm trying to turn it. Then there is very little contact and then the chute doesn't turn at all.

It seems like the chute should hug a little more snuggly. I was thinking that maybe the worm gear should be closer to the chute, but I don't see how to adjust it really. Is it possible it's because the 3 pieces are worn maybe?

wallfish

Combination of worn parts adding up. The plastic pieces get worn, the holes which the worm gear rides get worn.

You can  drill out the worm gear holes and insert bronze flange bushing to tighten that up. Look under the worm gear for the bolt holding it on, you can get some adjustment out of that.

Think someone 3 D printed new plastic pieces but can't remember who

wallfish

chute-base-pic1.jpg.97b5e34937415217278e631b005eeeff.jpg.ec8771274a12d6906a6adbead7c547c9.jpg

WVHillbilly520H
36 minutes ago, berriesandnuts said:

Do you mean the bolts holding these I pointed to with the yellow arrow?

chute-base-pic1.jpg.97b5e34937415217278e631b005eeeff.jpgchute-base-pic2.jpg.eb912a752846038adb03d05bddf0118d.jpg

22 minutes ago, berriesandnuts said:

I see. It seems that on mine, the chute, when it rotates, shifts around quite a bit. Starts shifting away from the worm gear. The worm gear itself swivels around when I'm trying to turn it. Then there is very little contact and then the chute doesn't turn at all.

It seems like the chute should hug a little more snuggly. I was thinking that maybe the worm gear should be closer to the chute, but I don't see how to adjust it really. Is it possible it's because the 3 pieces are worn maybe?

Dude those plastic retainers are basically shot... there is one carriage bolt holding the the worm gear to the case the nut is under/behind the worm you'll loosen it move the worm into the rack of the chute and tighten but you probably need 3 new retainers...like the black pieces you can see in these pics. Toro wants like $50+ each.

Screenshot_2019-11-11-19-43-25.png

Screenshot_2019-11-11-19-43-40.png

Edited by WVHillbilly520H

wallfish
3 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Dude you don't have the plastic retainers they are completely MIA.

You can see 2 of them in his pic with the squiggly yellow arrow pointing to one.

nylyon
14 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Think someone 3 D printed new plastic pieces but can't remember who

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
10 minutes ago, wallfish said:

You can see 2 of them in his pic with the squiggly yellow arrow pointing to one.

I seen them after I wrote that but the one is mostly gone... I have toyed with the idea of making them out of billet aluminium.

nylyon
27 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Screenshot_2019-11-11-19-43-25.png

did you make that inner deflector does that help?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1