ebinmaine

Well done Gary

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Well done Gary

:handgestures-thumbupright:

Thanks Eric as you can see by the leaves shot snow should be the same?

• Like 1

Sparky

I’ve never had a snow rig with the ability to apply down pressure.

Good luck with it!

• Like 1

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Sparky said:

I’ve never had a snow rig with the ability to apply down pressure.

Good luck with it!

Comes in super handy Mike.

I wouldn't have 1 any other way.

If you drive over the snow before you get a chance to plow it helps a lot in scraping up where the vehicle has compacted.

I use it almost every time I plow out by the mailbox.

• Like 2

stevasaurus

You will love that set up!!   :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1

Stormin

Going to do that mesel'. Thanks for the idea, lads. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
2 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Thanks Steve as you can see I like all ready by the leaves it pushed. I just whished I did more research on this years ago. Does your 857 have this set up?

Retired Wrencher
On 11/5/2019 at 2:27 PM, stevasaurus said:

It works very well Steve since 2019. Still works well.

• Like 1

peter lena

@Retired Wrencher nice se up ,  some penetrating oil on that blade surface , will stop rust , and make snow sliding easier , do quite a bit of road edge plowing when we have snow ,  what's that ?  pete

• Like 1

peter lena

@Retired Wrencher , just back in , from plowing wet slop , had about 3" , rain  was light , always want to move it while you can , plow mine to  sun angle area , so mid day , its  melting into  corner road drains. have also used a spray on graphite on blade , pete 

Brockport Bill
2 hours ago, peter lena said:

@Retired Wrencher , just back in , from plowing wet slop , had about 3" , rain  was light , always want to move it while you can , plow mine to  sun angle area , so mid day , its  melting into  corner road drains. have also used a spray on graphite on blade , pete 

hey Pete -- i have always treated my plow blade so snow won't stick -- i have used various products -- wd40 - pam - car wax - as well as some specific sprays marketed for snowblowers, plows etc non stick products -- Was wondering which strategy or product have you found most effective for treating plow blades, blowers etc so snow slides off?

stevasaurus

Yes, I have the link on my 857 !!  That horse has a designated blade on it now.  I switch between blade and mower deck on my 876, and my 702 is designated for a mower deck.  Life is good.  :USA:

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@Brockport Bill   thanks for the shout , used a spray on graphite  , made for mower decks , that really hangs in there ,also used various  penetrating oils , that leave a slick finish , always felt the increased slide / push was like extra , HP . of course you have to have the right snow conditions , always experimenting with something . think the oil is easiest , to apply and keeps things slick , stop rust . we all have different snow , you are on the right track , with any slide help .blowers was operational running ease , correct drive chain tension , chain lubrication , also detailed in the , auger drive belt  set up , pulley frame behind blower , grease every metal / metal , point , re greased the idler pulleys , increased the spring pull , with a heavier spring , also used Pam , inside of chute , for snow release . blower would turn over , at PTO belt drive area , very easily . made a " plastic snow slide " slide gasket for bottom of chute . pam spray , moved with total ease . went after , every movement point and looked for gains .  pete  

• Like 1

Roger R

WD-40 Has spray on silicone, which I have been using on the blower discharge chute with some success  

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher
On 1/23/2024 at 2:26 PM, peter lena said:

@Retired Wrencher nice se up ,  some penetrating oil on that blade surface , will stop rust , and make snow sliding easier , do quite a bit of road edge plowing when we have snow ,  what's that ?  pete

This summer for the first time since 2019 when I bought the tractor and plow as a set. I put marvel on it to stop it from rusting. The hole plow that is and frame.

Edited by Retired Wrencher
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@Retired Wrencher thats one of the first things I do after getting another project , looking at years of neglect ,that oil soak , will either retain patina or allow you to draw out a paint shine , like to leave lubrication on to feed metal , while I,M  doing other stuff . then get back to it , as mechanical / electrical issues  are corrected . like its working in secret . always experimenting with something . grandson over today , for ideas / make up, to shorten  plow swing arm, shorten the seat reach .  you can't do that , Pete  

• Like 1