AHenry014

Saved another! 417-A

AHenry014

IMG_0247.JPG.3626651d966cb47530569065a47bf020.JPG

• Like 2

pullstart

If that screw would have made it through the valve....  

Congrats on the score!

• Like 2

953 nut
5 hours ago, AHenry014 said:

After getting those set, i took her for for her first test run in my ownership and shes a happy little tractor.

:text-coolphotos:            Love the sound of the Kohler Twins!

• Like 2

WildmanC120

Nice score. Enjoy it.

AHenry014
3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:            Love the sound of the Kohler Twins!

Ugh me too!! It beats the pants off the 16hp Briggs twin I have in the work horse. Would love to have this engine in a gear tractor, but don’t have the heart to swap them out. 

anybody recognize this? It’s driven off the trans pulley which was swapped out for a double vbelt. I’m very tempted to swap it out for the one on my 418C but don’t know what I’d use it for haha. What is it used for?? It’s extremely beefy! 

4337A398-AD7B-47AF-8061-DBBACD4CE1C8.jpeg

6E30E7DF-2198-4DB2-8B38-4A3BB55909B2.jpeg

ohiofarmer

So swap them out already!  Obviously that tractor has had a lot of work done on it already  and they were not beating a path to his door to buy it the first time.

Sure there are collector tractors out there, but the 400 series is not one of them.. Make your  little herd the best it can be

AHenry014

Got to tinker a bit more the past couple nights.  Got the spark plugs back out and glass bead blasted as one was terribly fouled. I removed the carb to have a look at what the previous owner did to "rebuild it".  Nothing notable to mention other than a bit of crap in the bowl.  I had a carb kit on hand so it got a full clean and rebuild.  I randomly placed and tightened the governer lever, but it seems to rev out wildly at any input of the throttle lever, so that will need some further attention.  Other than that the engine feels very strong and does not smoke one bit.  I actually think this engine will be replacing the 16 horse Briggs on my Work Horse.  I went to Zagray this past weekend and scored a Magnum 12 for next to nothing.  Coming off a wheel horse already, it will bolt right up to make this tractor a 312A.  So thats the current plan!