Texas Todd

Carry Some?

953 nut

Welcome back Todd, wondered where you had been. :text-coolphotos:  That little cay-all will be handy and keep you out of trouble too.

WHX??

Nice Todd... fine looking shop you got there .... nice lookin HD too:handgestures-thumbupright:, right up my ally. Let's do something about the crooked stack on that fine lookin 856 tho shall we? Lest I have to come get it ! :ychain:

ZXT

Nice looking place you have, Todd! Much better organized than anything of mine.. Nice looking tractors as well!

Is the glue going to be strong enough to hold the weight you're going to put in it? Never thought of glue being that strong, but then again I have limited experience working with wood!

@WHX24 If you were to come and confiscate it from him, that would be one hell of a drive for a tractor! Wouldn't be much of a drive for me, though, so maybe I ought to do it? LOL.

• Like 1

Texas Todd
14 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Nice Todd... fine looking shop you got there .... nice lookin HD too:handgestures-thumbupright:, right up my ally. Let's do something about the crooked stack on that fine lookin 856 tho shall we? Lest I have to come get it ! :ychain:

Thanks! I've waited a lifetime for a shop this size......but I want it bigger! Stack has to be forward to allow for the handle on the plow. No more than it's on, I'm sure I could tweak it back. Grandkids don't mind!!! Hahaha

• Like 2

Texas Todd
8 minutes ago, ZXT said:

Is the glue going to be strong enough to hold the weight you're going to put in it? Never thought of glue being that strong, but then again I have limited experience working with wood!

@WHX24

The glue is stronger than the wood, believe it or not. I won't put more than 50-60 lbs in it anyway.

Weatherford!? I have a D200 with loader for you since your close. Holler if interested.

ZXT
46 minutes ago, Texas Todd said:

The glue is stronger than the wood, believe it or not. I won't put more than 50-60 lbs in it anyway.

Weatherford!? I have a D200 with loader for you since your close. Holler if interested.

Yep! Not too far at all.. I'd love to have a D200, but with a loader I know I can't afford it LOL. I might know someone that's looking for a D200 though.. I'll shoot you a message.

WHX??
9 hours ago, ZXT said:

would be one hell of a drive for a tractor! Wouldn't be much of a drive for me, though, so maybe I ought to do it? LOL.

Crazy thing is Jonah I know guys that have done it!

Ok take care of my light work then :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Texas Todd
20 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Just looked at the stack again. It has to be leaning forward for the plow handle, no idea why it was canted backward. Someone must have run into it. Feel better, it is now plumb!:tools-wrench:

• Like 1

WHX??

LOL I was wondering that myself! Wouldn't it have to be leaning forward for the plow handle?!?!? Though the camera might have flipped it.   Could always elbow it forward to clear. Is a nice lookin stack you make it yourself?

Texas Todd
2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

LOL I was wondering that myself! Wouldn't it have to be leaning forward for the plow handle?!?!? Though the camera might have flipped it.   Could always elbow it forward to clear. Is a nice lookin stack you make it yourself?

@jimkemp has made several for me and does a fantastic job!

• Like 1

WHX??
2 hours ago, Texas Todd said:

does a fantastic job!

Oh yeah thought it looked familiar... might be another one of his in my future! :greetings-clappingyellow:

20190516_114202[1].jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 2

Texas Todd

I have a spare. I think I will replace the pepper shaker on the C-121.  I had forgotten I had it.

WHX??

Oh yeah again Todd ... I just love  the way they sound! Not loud that you have to wear earplugs nor not too soft you can' hear how she is workin. Jim has got the baffles down pat.

Whilst you was busy building your home guy a buddy  of ours @Achto built his own stack for his diesel project  and I'm thinkin he's got more in it than one of Jim K's stacks. Even built his own  baffle press. Hopefully Dan will chime in with his thread. Ther was also a good thread on stacks lately I'll see if I can dig it up. I had a PM conversation about stacks recently  with Jim about his stacks and  he said he was basically building them for peanuts and I believe him. .... I said keep buidling them I don't have the time! 

Achto

Here is a link that shows the building of my stack @Texas Todd

Yes I spent too much making it, but I do like the looks and sound of it.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Sorry we got  a little :offtopic: on your thresd here Todd but you know stacks  rule! 

• Like 1

Texas Todd

Holy moly! That's impressive!!!

Stacks and Carry-somes....it's all good! I bet he spent more time cogitating about and building that press than I did on my little tote!

I like innovation!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

carscape

Good idea.  Domestic tranquiity is important. 

Easier to make a new shop look clean & organized, mine didn't stay that way.  

Been here 6 years still getting over it.  I have landscaping & car/parts habits that get in the way.

Lee1977

I started to build one of those carry thing a few years back. Built it to slide over the Wheel Horse Hitch and pin it in place. You got yours finished mine still doesn't have a box.

SAM-1095.jpg

SAM-1096.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H

Here's the one I built but let go with the 520xi after getting the eMax.

IMAG0377.jpg

IMAG0376.jpg

IMAG0375.jpg

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

Here I found a pic mounted on the xi clevis hitch before I sold it...

client_PART_1491331915419_IMAG3019.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WHX??
39 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

I sold

Quit swearing Billy... :lol:

• Haha 2

WVHillbilly520H
20 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Quit swearing Billy... :lol:

Pitiful...