The Tuul Crib

Damn chipmunks!

The Tuul Crib

Ok so recently my wifes car got attacked 

by theses little rodents and l know they are

so cute and Innocent right? Well they chewed up a gas line on her Honda and it ended up costing us 250 bucks and time 

down with the car.  Im wanting to fit back!

Anyone else have this problem?

Stormin

Ask Alvin. :D

• Haha 3

ebinmaine

They are cute. They are NOT innocent. They need to go. We haven't had any problem with them this year because we had a particularly harsh winter for rodents.

In the past they have been quite a nuisance.

There's a particular type of plastic snapjaw trap that works quite well for them.... 

The Tuul Crib
8 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

They are cute. They are NOT innocent. They need to go. We haven't had any problem with them this year because we had a particularly harsh winter for rodents.

In the past they have been quite a nuisance.

There's a particular type of plastic snapjaw trap that works quite well for them.... 

Tell me more Eric!

Pellet gun !?

Edited by The Tool Crib

ebinmaine

These are the snap traps...

A few sunflower seeds in the cup is a good bait.

b5ae6005-0267-44c3-b9f9-9c7bd584a34e_1.f3dea66afc6134081637acbebcb19f2a.jpeg.33b0bb6f98644a27f96090958ec473ac.jpeg

We've been known to use high speed flying pieces of metal to "assist" them from the yard as well....

20 gauge

Or Trina uses a recurve bow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

formariz

Outside cats. No chip monks, no mice, very few squirrels just lots of cat poop where you don't want it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SPINJIM

Go to a garden center, and buy some mole poison.  It's a bottle of granules that you spoon into the chipmunk burrow holes.  It's out of reach of the neighborhood cats and dogs, but it takes care of moles, voles, and chipmunks.  Might even get some mice.

Good luck,  Jim

• Like 1

roadapples

I buy sunflower seeds for the chipmunks and the squirrels.  Put up squirrel boxes and the cats are indoor only.

Now carpenter bees....

The Tuul Crib
1 hour ago, SPINJIM said:

Go to a garden center, and buy some mole poison.  It's a bottle of granules that you spoon into the chipmunk burrow holes.  It's out of reach of the neighborhood cats and dogs, but it takes care of moles, voles, and chipmunks.  Might even get some mice.

Good luck,  Jim

Yes but those tiny holes can be hard to 

locate! In the meantime they are free 

rain .As yosemity  sam would say......

DIE RABBIT!!!!! 

CCW

Best solution I have ever used.  Chip and dip.  Fill a two gallon bucket half full of water.  Float some sunflower seeds on the surface. Throw out chipmunk each day.  I've caught plenty and my neighbor caught over 50 with this approach.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
14 hours ago, roadapples said:

Now carpenter bees..

@LengerichKA88

Has a thread on them somewhere.

• Thanks 1

LengerichKA88

For chipmunks I use the smallest box trap baited with suet available for the ones I can’t get, and a .22 pellet rifle for the ones I can. 

@roadapples, I think you already saw my thread, but Neem Oil suspension sprayed into their holes gets em. Aside from that a swatter for the ones flying around. I think I ended yesterday with 14 or 15 confirmed kills, and another 2 listed as “Probable” (couldn’t find them after swatting them)

Edited by LengerichKA88
  • Thanks 1

The Tuul Crib
1 hour ago, SPS said:

Best solution I have ever used.  Chip and dip.  Fill a two gallon bucket half full of water.  Float some sunflower seeds on the surface. Throw out chipmunk each day.  I've caught plenty and my neighbor caught over 50 with this approach.

I watched a video on line about that and 

ive heard it works!