NikW

Paps old wheel horse

71_Bronco

Have been following this thread since you created it. Congrats on the buy, and welcome to the forum. :text-welcomeconfetti:

I recently picked up a new (to me) wheel horse, and the first thing I am doing is fluid changes (engine oil and trans fluid), new gas lines & filter, and new belts for the deck (they were non-usable and knew it when I got the tractor). Need to inspect the drive belt to see how bad it is, but may change it to be on the safe side.

Enjoy it!

• Like 1

NikW
1 hour ago, 71_Bronco said:

Have been following this thread since you created it. Congrats on the buy, and welcome to the forum. :text-welcomeconfetti:

Thank you!!! I’m glad I found it. There seems to be a lot of nice helpful people here. My kinda people. Congrats on your new horse!! It’s fun fixing them up and getting them to where you want them. I’m looking forward to fixing mine up. What model did u get? Once I get the hood back on and give it a good scrub I’ll post some pictures of it. 

NikW
On 5/15/2019 at 7:04 AM, PeacemakerJack said:

WAIT!  You had me at garden plow! SOLD!  :ROTF: well me an @WHX22 and @Achto and @prondzy and @Shynon and a few other plow dogs...

Idk how I missed your comment yesterday! But that picture is awesome! You guys have all different models. That’s really awesome! I’m really excited to get working on my new horse today after work. This forum is really neat. I learned a lot about the tractor before I even bought it.  I love seeing all the different models they made. I had no idea. 

• Excellent 1

NikW

Can anybody point me in the right direction to replace my drive belt. It slips pretty good. I’ve been searching around on the internet and I can’t find the replacement part number. I’m sure changing the belt isn’t that hard but I don’t want to pull it apart before I have the new belt. I also need a shift boot. Is there a master catalog online by chance? Or maybe a site to put in my model number and all that and look it up that way?  Thanks guys. 

ebinmaine

I'm on a smartphone so my experience on the site is very different from those that have a PC or laptop.

That said, there are manuals available on this website and there are sections where people have all those part numbers saved.

Those shift boots can be purchased from Wheelhorsepartsandmore. Our own Lowell. Great guy. Peruse his site slowly and you'll find an invaluable amount of stuff for you.

We all have had varying experiences with Drive belts. Some of us don't use anything but OE belts. I've had good luck with both those, and Green Gates belts. Others have been perfectly fine at TSC or other farm supply stores.

• Excellent 1

NikW

Awesome! I’ll look around some more. Thank you very much @ebinmaine

• Like 2

NikW

Update on the horse. Pulled the carb and sent it to my buddy for a cleaning and rebuild. Changed fuel pump. Removed the muffler and headpipe to put the correct setup on. Removed pulleys from mule drive to replace bearings. Removed rear tin and drive belt cover to remove drive belt. Removed gas tank to clean everything. Drained rear oil and engine oil. Pressure washed. I ordered an air filter and fuel filter. Fuel lines. All 3 belts. Clutch pulley. Bearings for mule drive pulleys. And a spark plug. Once all the parts get here she’s getting put back together. The manuals on the forums here really helped me out with finding all the correct part numbers. I’m enjoying this whole process a lot. Can’t wait to get it back together and feel a drive belt that doesn’t slip. 

BEA5EC45-A97E-4C06-8AB4-EF0BCF16D770.jpeg

• Excellent 3

troutbum70

Looks like you have been busy Nik and enjoying every bit of it, sounds like your doing all the right stuff. I am sure you and the son are waiting to ride.

• Like 1

NikW

Well she’s all back together and we got a nice ride in last night! My son Lucas loved it! The new drive belt fit perfect and works perfect. Everything turnout great. We still need the pulleys for the mule drive and gotta trim the exhaust up and wire the headlights but she drives like a dream. I love how easy it steers and just works! This forum was a big help! 

B528EF51-EC57-421B-82F4-F7D756CD2360.jpeg

01269599-4976-430A-B4BD-E48CB88D2CBC.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Heart 2

71_Bronco

Looks good. Make the memories while you can, only get one shot. They grow up so damn fast. My daughter just turned two, and I'm still trying to figure out where the time went.

• Heart 1

NikW

My son will be 2 in September! It’s crazy how fast it goes when u look back. I have another son that’s due to arrive any minute now.