wallfish

Hammer mechanic mistake

wallfish
2 minutes ago, wh500special said:

Might affect whether it ends up closed or open cell too

Hmmm, that closed cell stuff is much harder. Guess I have another tire to play with. I'm goin with a tyvek suit this time!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

The Tuul Crib

The wheel farted!!! 

:ROTF:

• Haha 7

ClassicTractorProfessor

:ROTF: Looks about a mess I made a couple Saturdays ago at work, only with LiquiTube tire sealant instead of foam (which by the way I recommend looking into this stuff, best tire sealant you can buy). We have a trucking company who uses this stuff in all their tires, an 11R24.5 truck tire takes about 7-8 pumps of sealant out of our tank. Whoever did the last set of tires on this particular truck put WAY too much in one of them. I let all the air out, broke the outside bead, then flipped over the tire and rim to break the inside bead. When the rim hit the ground the inside bead broke on its own, and that nasty sealant came out of there like Old Faithful. I had that crap all over me, the wall, the ceiling, the front of the wrecker, even found some on the windshield of the service truck that was parked two bays down from where I was working. Its funny now but it wasn't when I was out there for three hrs cleaning up my mess. That's been almost three weeks ago and we are still finding little blobs of that crap on things around that end of the shop.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

SylvanLakeWH

Um...Are you going to make a toothpick scale model of the tire, foam and bolts??? With spray dots all over of course...?!!

:ychain:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 2

squonk
On 3/27/2019 at 7:53 PM, wallfish said:

Wish I did have a video! I only got 2 little spots on my mustache and 3 or four on top of my hat but all over my hands. SOOOOOOOOOOO lucky it didn't get all over me. Now that would've been epic funny!

BTW, the tire actually seems like it's going to work very well. So anyone giving this a try, WAIT 'til it's dry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and seal the holes with silicone or something so water doesn't get in there.

If you're working with spray expandable foam, It's best to hire professionals who know what the're doing. A couple of Ommpa Loompa's would have been handy to have kicking around. They are experts at the spray foam insulating business, work cheap and nothing sticks to orange skin! :helmet:

op.jpg.ff1feb2fb148b069eeab1c2c89fcd1e7.jpg  images.jpg.82c7120fd93a151ecefdb74a0aa4a075.jpg

Edited by squonk
  • Haha 7

wallfish
1 minute ago, squonk said:

work cheap and nothing sticks to orange skin!

Wonder if Trump will share some of that orange stuff? Haven't been able to locate anything since I don't exactly what it is.

Ain't you got anything better to do? :ychain:

• Haha 1

squonk

:lol: Actually no. I've been home due to back surgery for the past month and have time to dream up all kinds of devious stuff! :)

Edited by squonk
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

stevasaurus

It could be, if you try this again John, you may want a second or third opinion.  I would ask your friends what they think.  :occasion-xmas:

images.jpg

• Haha 4

stevasaurus

Just so you know...here is what foam can do....

news-oktoberfest.jpg

wait for it..........

oktoberfest-1_996384i.jpg

• Haha 4

squonk

They look well insulated!! Reminds me of the guys who sleep in their trucks at the show! :sleeping-drool:

squonk
6 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

news-oktoberfest.jpg

wait for it..........

Is that @Sparky in the back with the white shirt? :helmet:

• Haha 1

wallfish
4 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

It could be, if you try this again John, you may want a second or third opinion.  I would ask your friends what they think.  :occasion-xmas:

images.jpg

I'm Curly, just like when we were kids. Everyone wanted to be Curly.

5 minutes ago, squonk said:

Is that @Sparky in the back with the white shirt?

No but the second pic looks like me and Mike at one of the tractors shows, we're best friends. Mike's the tall one on the right and he was explaining all about his extensive Lederhosen collection.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

squonk
2 minutes ago, wallfish said:

I'm Curly, just like when we were kids. Everyone wanted to be Curly.

No but the second pic looks like me and Mike at one of the tractors shows, we're best friends. Mike's the tall one on the right and he was explaining all about his extensive Lederhosen collection.

Figures. He has the saggy hosen ! :ROTF:

• Haha 2

wallfish
1 minute ago, squonk said:

Figures. He has the saggy hosen ! 

Yeah, sometimes he eats too much yogurt before the Zagray show and gets all bloated so he wears them loose. @Docwheelhorse Tony can confirm his yogurt consumption.

As you can see, my hosen socks are always up to code

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I'd hate to try to guess what the code is with you east coast guys.  :confusion-confused:   :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1

Stormin

On the subject of foam, I once worked at a place that made lifebelts. An aluminium mould, consisting of two halves clamp together was filled with two liquids that reacted and when cured made the foam. These chemicals were in 45 gallon drums. One day, somehow one chemical got into a drum of the other. Wallfish's tyre is nothing to what happened then. The whole room was filled with foam and it was bubbling out the door. Took a week to get the place and equipment cleaned up and back in use.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

ebinmaine
36 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

I'd hate to try to guess what the code is with you east coast guys.  :confusion-confused:   :occasion-xmas:

Us east coast guys have NO CODE

• Like 2

squonk

Midwest code: NO SOCKS! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ed Kennell

Mid Atlantic Code....aeriated.

See the source image

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, Stormin said:

On the subject of foam, I once worked at a place that made lifebelts. An aluminium mould, consisting of two halves clamp together was filled with two liquids that reacted and when cured made the foam. These chemicals were in 45 gallon drums. One day, somehow one chemical got into a drum of the other. Wallfish's tyre is nothing to what happened then. The whole room was filled with foam and it was bubbling out the door. Took a week to get the place and equipment cleaned up and back in use.

I didn't fill the room Norm, but I had a big mess when I tried pouring a 5 gallon bucket of liquid foam into a 2" hole in a hydro turbine pier cavity.  I ended up with a bucket being supported by a waterfall of solid foam.

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

Pullstart
5 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

news-oktoberfest.jpg

wait for it..........

I’ll be finding out first hand, Munchen 2019 Oktoberfest!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Tuul Crib
6 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

news-oktoberfest.jpg

wait for it..........

:text-yeahthat: