coreyb

any idea why i have blue on parts of my frame steering and by rear lift hitch it has a k90 and pond on cover cast steering wheel its as it was when new

Edited by coreyb

Pullstart

Welcome to :rs: @coreyb!  How about some pictures of your parts, and your tractor?

coreyb

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

coreyb

Bought from original owner. Parked in barn between 66 & 68. Pulled out of barn in about '08

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

953 nut

:WRS:

:confusion-confused:          Don't think I have ever heard of that before, perhaps @rj35hunter or @Lane Ranger can shed some light on this.  :text-coolphotos:

Chris G

Welcome to redsquare and nice find!

Lane Ranger

Not  sure about blue paint  spots.     Replacement Kohler motors did come new with a blue paint on the tins.     Kind of a Chrysler Blue color.   

Post some more pictures of your RJ 35  find  CoryB!   We all love to see  wonderful originals found in someones place of revered storage!

• Like 2

coreyb

i was told from org owner he got it new in 55 its a late 55 it has the drain on side and up just a touch and was told early was on bottem im trying to fig out how to do this posting crap not got it yet i have more pic hope to get them on soon

buckrancher

the oil drain hole in the frame is drilled for a Clinton  a kohler would be in the center of the engine bolt down pattern

brian

• Like 1

AMC RULES

large_20190301_105837_jpg_107a1a9104104f81bb070db0cc13fc86.jpg.ce01b13bfe9137009e1e0f4e73b9170a.jpg

buckrancher

the blueish color is just the normal off color of the raw hot roll steel they used to build the tractor

brian

• Like 4

coreyb
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:18 AM, buckrancher said:

the oil drain hole in the frame is drilled for a Clinton  a kohler would be in the center of the engine bolt down pattern

brian

the drain hole is in the center of the frame

buckrancher
9 hours ago, coreyb said:

the drain hole is in the center of the frame

third picture down you can clearly see the oil drain hole is offset to one side of the motor bolt down pattern meaning the original motor was a Clinton

• Like 1

coreyb

I DID SEE THAT AS WELL SO I CALLED WHO I GET IT FROM HE GOT IT NEW HE SAID THAT THE K 90 ON IT IS THE ORIG MOTOR  IT GOT PARKED IN HIS BARN AROUND 1963 OR SO HE SAID THAT IT HAD NEVER BEEN APART UNTILL THIS WINTER WHEN I STARTED PLAYING WITH IT

• Like 1

coreyb

im trying to find a drive paw for my rj 35 any help one of mine has a crack were the pin goes threw that the last pice that i need to have it back in action i will have it at the riverbend steam show in july in allendale mi come check the show 18 to the 20th

stevebo
On 4/11/2019 at 10:17 AM, coreyb said:

I DID SEE THAT AS WELL SO I CALLED WHO I GET IT FROM HE GOT IT NEW HE SAID THAT THE K 90 ON IT IS THE ORIG MOTOR  IT GOT PARKED IN HIS BARN AROUND 1963 OR SO HE SAID THAT IT HAD NEVER BEEN APART UNTILL THIS WINTER WHEN I STARTED PLAYING WITH IT

It goes to show if the K90 was the original motor that must have been a mistake that the hole was drilled for a Clinton. Must have been drilled on a Monday morning and the motor installed on a Friday afternoon:angry-nono:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1