ebinmaine

How's your weather today? Spring isn't here in Maine yet. :-)

ClassicTractorProfessor

I’ve lived in NW Oklahoma my entire life, and I never would have dreamed these words would come out of my mouth, but ENOUGH with the rain already. If it keeps this up I’m gonna have to put pontoons on the WH to get around town

3304560F-A1AB-43EA-A5AE-A12A58E392B6.jpeg

C94C4300-6359-4E07-BB1B-215F7EAA1337.jpeg

D073CD40-1EC9-41FD-A1AA-3781EA93E2E4.jpeg

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, Professor1990 said:

rain

Been a crazy spring for sure.

We're finally in a bit of a dry spell.

Supposed to be high 70s today and low 70s tommorow.

PeacemakerJack

We had a beautiful day yesterday, near 85, and the kids put on their swimming gear and sprayed each other with the hose.  I turned the big fan on and pointed it your direction Eric!  Supposed to be another beautiful day here today but tomorrow is a little iffy right now...

@Professor1990 that is a crazy amount of rain for anywhere but especially that part of the country.  Reminds me of the classic Johnny Cash song...

• Excellent 2

ClassicTractorProfessor

Here’s a video of the water running just down the street from the shop Saturday evening. Usually this time of year we are fighting fires and praying for rain, but this year we are all wishing the rain would go away for a little while

Stormin

Sunday rained all morning, but cleared up by noon. Went to a classic car show and the sun came out. Started raining a bit on my way home.

Rained last night but has been fine but overcast till around 3-30pm. Had some really heavy drizzle for an hour or so. Fine again now but iffy.

Where'd all that nice sun go?

ebinmaine

I have it here Norm.

@Professor1990 Bryce I hope your dry days are coming soon.

Stormin

Morning turned out fine and sunny. Decided to sort out my firewood store. Put some scrap wood through the saw bench. Two sack full for kindling and two and a half for the stove. That made room for logs and filled that with logs already cut.

I was going to mow as the grass here is shooting up. But just as I'd finished with the wood, the weather has other ideas and is sending short, heavy showers. :(

Eric! I want my sun back. :teasing-poke:

Edited by Stormin
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine

I'll see what I can do about that Norman. It's showering a bit this afternoon here but we've had three days of sun. You should be receiving some of that fairly soon.

clueless
On 5/24/2019 at 12:05 AM, r356c said:

Lovebugs. If you drive through a swarm, don't try to use your windshield wipers to clear the mess.

I can always tell a newbie 18 wheeler driver to Florida by the smeared lovebugs on their windshield.

The damn things are attracted to internal combustion engine exhaust fumes. They love highways! And the color white as Ritchie's photos show.

Wikipedia:

Because airborne lovebugs can exist in enormous numbers near highways, they die in large numbers on automobile windshields, hoods, and radiator grills when the vehicles travel at high speeds. If left for more than an hour or two, the remains become extremely difficult to remove. Their body chemistry has a nearly neutral 6.5 pH but may become acidic at 4.25 pH if left on the car for a day.[2] In the past, the acidity of the dead adult body, especially the female's egg masses, often resulted in pits and etches in automotive paint and chrome if not quickly removed.[9] However, advances in automotive paints and protective coatings have reduced this threat significantly. Now the greatest concern is excessive clogging of vehicle radiator air passages by the bodies of the adults, with a reduction of the cooling effect on engines, and the obstruction of windshields when the remains of the adults and egg masses are smeared on the glass.[2]

If you are traveling down here during lovebug season, twice a year, a few thing you need to know. Before traveling wax you car, truck, RV, boat, or bike especially the front and windshield,  and hit the front grill with some Pam cooking spray, I'm a little partial to the one with Olive Oil, and as r356c says don't turn on those wipers :snooty:. Stop and wash them off every few hundred miles, more often sometime. Spray with Pam again. Just remember the only reason they exist is to mate. So when a single one hit my windshield I feel a little sad :(.

Stormin

Been dull and overcast all day and threatening rain. After lunch I decided to chance it and mow the lawn, green etc although the grass was a bit wet. Got it all done and removed the deck for cleaning, then it was the C-125's turn. Just finished and it started to drizzle. Sweeping can wait for another day.

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 1

Pullstart

They just said on the radio, we’ve had rain of some degree for 27 straight days.  My new trees are turning brown, but I don’t think they’re thirsty..... I think they’re drowning.

Stormin

Start to worry when it gets to 40 days and nights. :unsure:

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Stormin said:

Start to worry when it gets to 40 days and nights. :unsure:

.......or build a really big boat.

• Thanks 1

JimmyJam

Damp and rainy for the last few days here in south coast Massachusetts. However over the holiday weekend it was sunny, dry and in the 80's. Took that opportunity to do some tilling in our Community Garden. C-111 ("Beethoven") did an awesome job!!!

tilling side.jpg

tilling back.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

Beethoven") did an awesome job

Niiiice!!!

Stormin

Someone upstairs has forgotten to turn the tap off. :(

• Like 1

ztnoo

We need for it to stop here in Indiana.

I haven't seen one single farm field planted this spring within a 60 mile radius of my town.

The window on corn planting is just about over.

But it first has to dry out enough to even get in the fields, even if you are no till planting.

We have a very real potential ag crisis staring us in the face.

Raindiana.jpg.b8ed90181ac13de3533b3c707f749cbe.jpg

adsm08
1 hour ago, ztnoo said:

We need for it to stop here in Indiana.

I haven't seen one single farm field planted this spring within a 60 mile radius of my town.

The window on corn planting is just about over.

But it first has to dry out enough to even get in the fields, even if you are no till planting.

We have a very real potential ag crisis staring us in the face.

Raindiana.jpg.b8ed90181ac13de3533b3c707f749cbe.jpg

Maybe not having enough corn to go around will get it out of the gas tank and back on the table.

• Like 2

19richie66

Hot and dry here in Sunny Fla. 

316A4E9D-FA5B-4B35-920F-C55323F20FEE.jpeg

• Confused 1

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

:scared-eek:

Pullstart
10 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

.......or build a really big boat.

With two of each Wheelhorse and all my good buddies!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

:scared-eek:

Hey Eric, did you just experience that “melting” dream?

FF033954-E385-4196-903D-C2105A80A594.jpeg

E702828C-047B-4FFC-9DC8-A73C96C4D969.jpeg

• Haha 1

Stormin
2 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

YE GODS!! A tad warm for me.

• Haha 1

ztnoo

Someone throw me a life preserver.......more rain and hail here this afternoon...... :angry-cussingwhite::angry-cussingblack::angry-banghead::angry-banghead::angry-banghead::scared-eek::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::crying-blue::crying-blue: