Adams94

MENTONE INDIANA SHOW

Adams94

Mentone show will be May 31st and June 1st(Friday&Saturday)!  We are hoping for good weather and a good turn out this year!   Don't forget that this is a show/swap so bring your show tractor along with you, or 5 tractors!  We are adding a pull this year(for fun) on Saturday at noon, pullers will be in classes by HP, so bragging rights will be dished out!  There may also be a few other tractor game activities going on during the show.  Do not for get that this show/swap is not only Wheel Horse and is open to any brand!  And questions please ask!

IMG_0632.JPG

IMG_0360.JPG

Edited by Adams94
  • Like 6
  • Excellent 1

Adams94

Getting closer!

ztnoo

Anyone planning on going to this?   :think: umm.gif.96e21bbdfe5eb283eab5b273c986625b.gif 923426757_dontknow.gif.80f7aecf9b55792058c55c9e81ceac6d.gif

There's been lot of readers of this thread, but no replies or commentary by anyone but the OP and now me.

Blackhood Bill

I’m thinking about it. I’m looking for more info

Edited by Whnewone

Racinbob

As long as the weather is decent I'm going. It's only 40 miles. :)

ztnoo
3 hours ago, Whnewone said:

looking for more info

Well, I missed last year, so I'm not up to speed on what is going on there.

@Gene_S & @fabricator2009 used to be involved with the planning and organization, but they don't seem to be the public face of the meet any more, at least on the surface.

Maybe @Adams94 the OP, could fill in a few blanks for us in the next few days.

The whole meet use to get "talked up" much more and let us know some details well in advance.

Seems like Mentone has taken somewhat of a back seat, as it is now generally positioned between the Portland Spring Swap & Sell in mid May, and the Big Show in PA in mid June.

I think guys in this region generally wouldn't be making it to all of these shows within a few weeks of each other .......... i.e. they have to pick and choose, and something usually gets thrown out the window.

The early spring dates were fairly well attended from what I could tell, and had the advantage of being about the first meet of the new year in this area, but the April weather in northern Indiana that time of year can be pretty raw, nasty, and iffy.

Hopefully "someone" will fill in some detailed info here soon.

We're all kind of "flying blind".

spacer.png

spacer.png

Adams94

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on here in a few days.  Mentone is a good little show and can not be compared to Portland.  I would say there are usually around 30 vendors here with a nice mix of parts, tractors and accessories.  And any show tractors that come in.  You can camp if you want, no electricity.  Any questions please ask!

ztnoo

Well to start with, where is the actual location of the event......as in, where will the tractors be??

How about a map?

The event used to be out north of town at the city property with the cell tower on it, but that was two years ago I believe.

I wasn't there last year so I'm unaware of the current location which I understand is different from the old location.

There are probably others that haven't been there before as well, with no clue where to go in town.

Also, what other events are going on in town, and is the a schedule you could post of those events?

I understand that weekend is a whole lot more than Wheel Horse and other tractors running around.

Racinbob

Well, I didn't know the location had changed. I assumed it was still where you mentioned Steve. Geez, it was two years ago when I was there too and I didn't get to meet you. I'll do some searching later today. Gotta get going to an eye doctor appt. this morning. :)

Racinbob

I can't find anything other than the egg festival info and the swap meet really isn't a part of that. I assumed it was at the same location and unless I hear different that's where I'll go. My plan is, weather permitting, to take my Suburban 400 with me. :)

• Like 1

Blackhood Bill

@Racinbob & @ztnoo I have been looking for awhile and can’t find anything but old flyers for Mentone! Hopefully @Adams94 can shed some vital information on this and soon.

Adams94
15 hours ago, ztnoo said:

Well to start with, where is the actual location of the event......as in, where will the tractors be??

How about a map?

The event used to be out north of town at the city property with the cell tower on it, but that was two years ago I believe.

I wasn't there last year so I'm unaware of the current location which I understand is different from the old location.

There are probably others that haven't been there before as well, with no clue where to go in town.

Also, what other events are going on in town, and is the a schedule you could post of those events?

I understand that weekend is a whole lot more than Wheel Horse and other tractors running around.

It is the same location you described.   In the picture the show will be right where it says water treatment plant. It is just north of mentone Indiana 46539 on st. Rd. 19 

There is a nice festival in town and a really nice car show on Friday afternoon/evening

http://www.inkfreenews.com/2019/05/03/mentone-egg-festival-to-honor-firefighters-first-responders/

IMG_1736.PNG

• Like 1

Howie

I am just 15-16 miles away and plan to be there with a couple of tractors. Always go to the car show

also, multi-year activity for me. With all that went on here last year can't remember if I was at the

show or not.

Adams94
23 hours ago, Howie said:

I am just 15-16 miles away and plan to be there with a couple of tractors. Always go to the car show

also, multi-year activity for me. With all that went on here last year can't remember if I was at the

show or not.

Hope to see you there!