Pullstart

Supermoon

Pullstart

The girls and I have been studying astronomy in science this year.  It’ been fun!  If you get any good pictures feel free to post them here!

778A35CC-F689-4B44-9DA3-04722665A2C0.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

rjg854

Living in the country away from artificial lights, last night the moon was especially big and bright. No way to take a picture of that.  You could have done just about anything you wanted to it was so illuminated from the moon's reflected light off the snow. It was almost like the sun was on a dimmer.  Trees cast shadows, hardly able to describe just what a beautiful night it was. Clear Cold STILL and Peaceful 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

WHX??

I woke up late today... blamed  it on the stupid moon...:lol: or was it because I didn't wanna get out of a nice warm bed to -5 outside !

Just :ychain: Kev ...cool yer studying that kinda stuff with yer kids! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by WHX22
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??

I shouda snapped a pic when I was crossing the marsh this am ...Sry bros.. was cool.

• Like 1

dells68
22 minutes ago, WHX22 said:

I woke up late today... blamed  it on the stupid moon...:lol: or was it because I didn't wanna get out of a nice warm bed to -5 outside !

Just :ychain: Kev ...cool yer studying that kinda stuff with yer kids! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Hate to admit it Jim, but Kev’s got it going on.  Dude homeschools his kids.  Gotta admire that!  Keep it up Kev!

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

WHNJ701

cats started going nuts around 330am last night, kid woke up at 430 with moon shining in his eyes.  I see it's back out again tonight...

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

@pullstart From one homeschooler to another...mine are out of school now and on with life but good memories and a lot of cool opportunities like you are having with your kids...kudos!

Here’s the view out my back window tonight...

FEBD0814-D199-4D4C-B188-B7A619FFB5CC.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
3 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

@pullstart From one homeschooler to another...mine are out of school now and on with life but good memories and a lot of cool opportunities like you are having with your kids...kudos!

Here’s the view out my back window tonight...

FEBD0814-D199-4D4C-B188-B7A619FFB5CC.jpeg

I see it like this:  I know they’ll always LOVE me.  I might as well be around them as much as possible while they LIKE me!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

WHX??

Nothin against home schooling fellas but I gotta wonder about his curriculum... truck loading 101....venison butchering 102... horse thieving 204...:D

• Excellent 2
  • Haha 5

dells68

Sounds like the perfect curriculum to me.  Beats the life out of the state’s curriculum.  Hey, need any teachers or aides to help out Kevin?  I know a guy...  wait a minute, now I sound like @oldredrider😂!

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

Pullstart

It’s pretty overcast here, enough sitting around howlin’ at the moon.  ‘Night fellas

DA317ED8-A96C-41F9-86A4-72255DADBB7B.jpeg

2DE7F7AA-55BD-4965-9E20-8E25DC79FD6D.jpeg

493CE190-3146-40EF-AEC2-AD23F608C9F9.jpeg

C6453ADB-08B0-4ABC-9F31-190A639FA547.jpeg

• Like 5

Lane Ranger

The Snow Moon from Lorida, Florida last night!

E3127A36-D598-4E73-BBCF-ECDC2F73ABAA.jpeg

E16B4E89-16C1-4B69-B605-D58BA103AEBD.jpeg

• Like 6

The Tuul Crib

Can't see any of it here in Tennessee. Too much rain and clouds in the way! We're supposed to go down in the record books here or the wettest month in  140 years ! Thanx for the pics tho!   :confusion-helpsos:

Edited by The Tool Crib
  • Thanks 2

Pullstart
3 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

Can't see any of it here in Tennessee. Too much rain and clouds in the way! We're supposed to go down in the record books here or the wettest month and 140 years ! Thanx for the pics tho!   :confusion-helpsos:

I was listening to Buzz Brainerd on SXM “The Highway” last night and they broadcast out of Nashville.  I heard the same from him, you must not be joking!  How’s the river system holding up?  I recall the floods, what.... 8-10 years back now?  That was such a sad disaster.

Edited by pullstart
Fat fingers

AMC RULES

IMG_1294.JPG.99a5e12f7a08b68fe2307075acd3f9d3.JPGIMG_1296.JPG.c05a604de00c862ed73b5af0ed32bc41.JPGIMG_1297.JPG.67b6193a61b417d5597a5ccab8b5ea3b.JPGIMG_1299.JPG.b1b2d4d89ab348f9f0c272b5c1b87ef3.JPGIMG_1301.JPG.48a26dd4bedafd5f7c9d15a044f84ec3.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

The Tuul Crib

The big flood we had here was back in 2010 which yes that was about eight or nine years ago. Downtown was a disaster inside the opera house it was up on the stage.  The lakes and rivers  are at full capacity now the Cumberland is a few inches from the flood stage now .  Luckily where I live I'm on a hillside so I'm safe there but getting out of my neighborhood could be a problem . You can actually go to Google Earth and go back in the timeline and see some of the flooding .

Edited by The Tool Crib
  • Sad 2

ACman

Wife took this as the moon was rising. It was so bright you almost needed shades B) . It was between 2:30 - 4:30am when I heard this chattering weird noise that woke me up and it was getting louder and louder. I thought someone was in living room watching TV so yelled out to turn it down. Then I realized what it was....a pack of coyotes running across the field right behind the house . The sound just faded away then my dogs started in :bitch: . The local hillbillies used to hunt them with dogs until the packs got to big and started running down their dogs . Now they're just out of control even going into town .

IMG_0392.JPG.79f91e227a26e3424c48925defdda40b.JPG

• Like 4

WHX??
9 hours ago, Lane Ranger said:

The Snow Moon from Lorida, Florida last night!

What you doing in FL Lane?? Thanks for taking me along!!!

• Haha 1

ztnoo

@WHX22,

• Like 2