LengerichKA88

Why it’s nice to have a working plow tractor

LengerichKA88

You don’t end up looking like Snowmeisers’ little brother, Frostface. 

Cleared off 5 drives with our YardMachine 24in blower, in these pictures I’m wearing 4 of them. Hope everyone else stayed a little warmer than me! 

4D4E693C-ECEE-42D1-AD41-DE0198D7B669.jpeg

23365961-043C-414D-AD8E-7AEA2759C565.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Heart 1

Razorback

Sweet agony!

• Haha 1

LengerichKA88

The wind kept changing on me because of the way the houses sit. Got whapped with blow back really good a few times, enough that the instant cold to the face gave me a head ache, but a pot of coffee fixed that 😂

• Excellent 1

Factory Dog

That's giving the term "Brain freeze" a new twist.  Boy that looks cold!

• Haha 1

LengerichKA88
1 minute ago, Factory Dog said:

That's giving the term "Brain freeze" a new twist.  Boy that looks cold!

No joke!  One came back at me and it was like some one snowballed me point blank. But that was half way through the last driveway, so I just “pushed” through it lol. 

We have three elderly (75+) neighbors that I try to clear their drives before they do. The couple across the street is actually younger than me, but they have a little one and the man of the house has to plow for his employer, so I got theirs so the misses doesn’t slip with the little one. I’d rather get a brain freeze for a bit than a call that someone’s broken a hip or got a concussion because I wanted to stay warm. The blower makes it easier to do, as a kid I shoveled 5-6 drives each snow fall for the same reason. After two snow falls under 7in, I’ve done 10 drive ways and still have a 1/3rd if a tank of gas. Not half bad I think. 

• Excellent 5

KC9KAS

We were in the 2-3", then 2-4" and finally in the 4-6" area, but only received about 2" of snow....Didn't even look worth getting the 520H out to plow the drive!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine

Dude.. So hey. A hat? You know they sell those right? We have them here in Maine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

LengerichKA88
5 minutes ago, KC9KAS said:

We were in the 2-3", then 2-4" and finally in the 4-6" area, but only received about 2" of snow....Didn't even look worth getting the 520H out to plow the drive!

We were forecast between 5-13in depending on the station locally.... I think I cleared off 1.5in haha. 

4 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Dude.. So hey. A hat? You know they sell those right? We have them here in Maine.

😂😂 I had the hood up and tight, and it worked for a bit on our drive, but a UPS truck came by as I was at the end of the drive, and the wind from it blew everything in my face, and up under the hood. At that point there was no use 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

Besides, I’m a Marine, we’ve never been accused of being smart 😂😂:ychain:

Edited by KyleLengerich
  • Haha 6

oliver2-44

@KyleLengerichThank You for caring for your neighbors.  Your a shining example of the type of people that this site is full of.

God Bless you.

And thank You for you Service.  

41 minutes ago, KyleLengerich said:

We have three elderly (75+) neighbors that I try to clear their drives before they do. The couple across the street is actually younger than me, but they have a little one and the man of the house has to plow for his employer, so I got theirs so the misses doesn’t slip with the little one. I’d rather get a brain freeze for a bit than a call that someone’s broken a hip or got a concussion because I wanted to stay warm. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

LengerichKA88
8 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

@KyleLengerichThank You for caring for your neighbors.  Your a shining example of the type of people that this site is full of.

God Bless you.

And thank You for you Service.  

I owe it all to my parents. 

One of the lady’s I went and checked in with yesterday before the snow, and she asked me why I was willing to do it. I told her it was 2 fold: A) it needs to be done and I’m able.Thats what neighbors do. B ) If I don’t set the example for my son, no one will. 

It doesn’t cost a dime to be helpful. 

As for my service, I’d do it all again in a heartbeat. 

I couldn’t have have done my job had the men and women before me not done theirs. I simply bridged the gap between them and the next generation. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

peter lena

a watch cap under a hood works for me. pete

• Like 1

LengerichKA88
27 minutes ago, peter lena said:

a watch cap under a hood works for me. pete

I had mine last snowfall, then the Boy wonder wanted to wear it (because it’s daddys of course!) 

now I can’t find it 🙄😂

I’ll make sure it’s found before the next snow haha

Edited by KyleLengerich

WVHillbilly520H
3 hours ago, KyleLengerich said:

The wind kept changing on me because of the way the houses sit. Got whapped with blow back really good a few times, enough that the instant cold to the face gave me a head ache, but a pot of coffee fixed that 😂

That's why I tracked down a cab for my blower tractor, and then an open station for the plow tractor...but they do make "cabs" for the walk behinds...https://www.amazon.com/Guide-Gear-Snow-Blower-Cab/dp/B009H48KWK, and thank you for taking care of your neighbors, I do here, and try to get back home (75 miles one way) to help my elderly parents, Jeff.

IMAG3961.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Jeff R.

I think you need a motorcycle helmet with a full face shield. I am considering a helmet myself for snow blowing duty. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

LengerichKA88
1 minute ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

That's why I tracked down a cab for my blower tractor, and then an open station for the plow tractor...but they do make "cabs" for the walk behinds...https://www.amazon.com/Guide-Gear-Snow-Blower-Cab/dp/B009H48KWK, and thank you for taking care of your neighbors, I do here, and try to get back home (75 miles one way) to help my elderly parents, Jeff.

IMAG3961.jpg

I’ve already been looking at cabs 😂😂. It’s never been this bad before (wind wise) but it only took one day of it, and I’m sold on getting one lol. 

I need to tackle the headgasket on the plow tractor, just haven’t had the time yet. Would’ve saved my hair had I gotten to it 😂

The way I look at it I’m putting a deposit down: I do the work now for those who need it, and hopefully a neighborhood kid will be there when and if I need them when I could use the help. 

• Excellent 3

LengerichKA88
3 minutes ago, Jeff R. said:

I think you need a motorcycle helmet with a full face shield. I am considering a helmet myself for snow blowing duty. 

That’s actually a pretty good idea! 

Stormin

You'll find with a full face motorcycle helmet that the snow can/will stick to  the visor. That's what used to happen when I rode in in snow. You could of course use those tear off strips that the MX riders use now.

• Thanks 1

Jeff R.

Stormin,

Thank you you for letting us know that - I would hate to invest the money in a helmet as I do not ride only to find out that the snow will stick to the visor.

Jeff

• Like 1

LengerichKA88

I would get use out of it aside from snow detail, but I’ll have to look into that, thanks @Stormin

• Excellent 1

Factory Dog

I have used a snowmobile helmet while blowing snow with the utility tractor, and it worked very nice.  However, I am not sure how well it would work if you are physically active like operating a walk behind.  There may be a possibility of it fogging up.  And yes, it is a very good feeling to be able to help others.  

• Like 1

LengerichKA88
11 minutes ago, Factory Dog said:

I have used a snowmobile helmet while blowing snow with the utility tractor, and it worked very nice.  However, I am not sure how well it would work if you are physically active like operating a walk behind.  There may be a possibility of it fogging up.  And yes, it is a very good feeling to be able to help others.  

Might be worth looking into if the price point is different enough from a motorcycle helmet 🤔. I don’t think we’d have to worry about high speed impacts, at least I’d hope not! 😂

• Haha 1

Pullstart

Some snowmobile helmets have heated visors...  a little plug in off the hand controls and you’re golden!  

Kyle, I’m glad to see you out there helping the neighbors.  There’s an old guy down the street who used to plow the entire road with a JD “B”.  He’s got some terrible nerve problems in his back, and has been in bed for most of a year at least.  I didn’t ask, just started taking care of his driveway.  He pays me with muffins for the kids.  We all win, it makes me happy to help someone else.  He always said he wondered who the “next guy” to take care of neighbors was, because he was having a heard time being “that guy” anymore.  I’m proud to be one of “those guys” right with ya’ bud!  Now it’s -8, plow truck’s warming and I have a few lots to clear by 7.  Spent all day yesterday working on getting my sister in-law some heat in this cold weather!

cheers to me not looking like the adbominal snowman like you!   :D

• Excellent 3

LengerichKA88
2 minutes ago, pullstart said:

cheers to me not looking like *a Bumble *like you!   :D

Fixed it 😂:ychain:

Be careful out there today, people forget how to drive when there’s snow on the ground. Although, seeing as you’re in Michigan, might be better since all the potholes are filled in 😂

I enjoy being helpful and of use. There’s something to be said for Karma too, you get what you give. One way or another I’ve always been repaid for my kindness. 

2016018A-527E-446F-99ED-706FCFE56F05.jpeg

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

2 minutes, 59.48 seconds between the two pictures :handgestures-thumbupright:  Other than my headlights cracking off this morning, I’d call it a win!

0192A3F0-6819-42F0-AEE3-3B3D1B8B843A.jpeg

A0A97B0B-EACF-49C2-883C-867CA6DDCE22.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

17 minutes, one lot.

E0BEDD21-0912-4E3A-ABE5-15F7C61C91C8.jpeg

3B933D29-5D79-41C4-A275-023F25FCB3A1.jpeg

BFCF95D8-1B61-4AF7-B14C-2232BBFDC37E.jpeg

4DCFFB7A-8C10-4F37-A755-FF93BF527427.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1