19richie66

Yet another New Horse Hauler

19richie66
22 hours ago, pullstart said:

Nice truck, Richie!  ‘03?  ‘04?

It’s an ‘06. Just turned 109K on the ticker. 

7 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Well done Richie! That is one beautiful Bow-Tie...I’m Sure that our man @WVHillbilly520H will check in soon.  He seems to be able to catch the scent on those Chevy’s anytime they show up on the forum.:lol: 

I like the truck for sure but like the connection to your late father even more.  You must have at least a few memories with him in this truck.  

I also like the fact of how clean that thing is...salt belt trucks are always pretty rough unless kept out of the winter weather.  

I believe my dad bought this new. In 2010 he sold it to my nephew and he has had it since. I was offered it and the timing was right so I now have it. It is super clean underneath and only a couple of small pings and scratches here and there. I don’t see myself getting rid of it. I know in NC where we are ending up, they are everywhere. Plenty of parts available and I hear the engines run forever if taken care of. Hopefully 👍 @PeacemakerJack I have one photo of my dad in it somewhere.

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

The LS line is the new small block Chevy!  From 4.8l to 6.2, they are all the same platform and most all external parts are the same.  If you get a tick in the exhaust, most likely the bolts have broken off in the head, but if you remove the inner fender well it’s a pretty straightforward job.  I drilled pilot holes, tapped t-15 bits into the holes and turned them out with a 1/4” socket and 1/4” ratchet last time.  Perfect time for a set of JBA shorty headers :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1