Pullstart

Anybody know much about vintage fuel pumps?

Pullstart

I went with my father in-law to pick up a race car this morning, ended up with this.  Apparently it was originally in the Pontiac dealership in Portage or Kalamazoo in the 50’s.

It’s mostly complete, shy of the glass.  Luckily the panels are flat.

18B80116-11CD-4848-AFB3-E9A7FE4A9918.jpeg

• Like 9

jay bee

The Pontiac Cadillac dealership in Kalamazoo was called Paper City Motor Sales.  It was located in downtown Kalamazoo.  The gas pump would have been in this building.  The picture shown would have been taken in 1960. 

F2FD5B0E-C26C-430E-9E0B-D3AA9DB97517.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

LengerichKA88
20 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Unless you wanna keep it 😂 but could fund a couple semesters of the little ones college later 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

Pullstart

Thanks @jay bee!  Apparently the globe was sourced from another station, at Westnedge and I-94 circa 1970’s.

• Like 1

WHNJ701

my guess is the right person will pay you stupid money for it to put in their man cave

• Haha 1

KC9KAS

@pullstart I have a good friend that refurbishes gasoline pumps and Coke antique items.

If you are serious about wanting more info, I can get his email address for you.

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
8 minutes ago, KC9KAS said:

@pullstart I have a good friend that refurbishes gasoline pumps and Coke antique items.

If you are serious about wanting more info, I can get his email address for you.

I wouldn’t mind learning more about them!  My uncle just asked me last week if I’d have any need for a 15’ elevated fuel tank.  Wouldn’t it be so cool to put this back into operation around the “farm”?

• Like 3

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

Wouldn’t it be so cool to put this back into operation around the “farm”?

YESS.

But hey.

Kevin.

It would look good here too.

I could just come over and pick it up.

Save you the hassle of fixing it.

• Like 1

jay bee
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

Apparently the globe was sourced from another station, at Westnedge and I-94 circa 1970’s.

I remember that station also.  Back in the late 50's early 60's the first McDonalds Restaurant in Kalamazoo was also built in that same area.  At the time, if you had a buck in your pocket, you could go to the Clark station, get 2 gallons of gas, a pack of cigarettes and still have 25 cents left to spend at McDonalds for Burgers and Fries.  Then go cruise around Swartz's Drive Inn looking for female companionship!!!  "Those were the days"  or so we thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

bc.gold

Almost totally forgot about the good old days when gasoline was sold in cents $047/9

cents.png

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart
6 minutes ago, bcgold said:

Almost totally forgot about the good old days when gasoline was sold in cents $047/9

cents.png

Cheapest I recall was “gas wars” getting down to 99 cents a gallon in high school.  It’s in my father in-law’s trailer, he’ll bring it over tomorrow.  I’ll be sure to get more pictures of it :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Howie

Those cars in the Pontiac dealership are 1962 cars.I like my Pontiacs so it is cool the pump came from one of their deaalerships!

• Thanks 2

jay bee
43 minutes ago, Howie said:

Those cars in the Pontiac dealership are 1962 cars.

:text-thankyouyellow:   for the correction Howie.  I thought the picture was taken in 1960.  Guess I didn't research it enough.  Pontiac always was a couple years ahead of it's time. :ROTF:

• Like 1

KC9KAS
9 hours ago, pullstart said:

I wouldn’t mind learning more about them!  My uncle just asked me last week if I’d have any need for a 15’ elevated fuel tank.  Wouldn’t it be so cool to put this back into operation around the “farm”?

I sent you a PM.

The Tuul Crib

Like these old tractors  leave it as it is !

Patina !!!! 

• Like 1

Pullstart

It’s hard to believe this thing has been in the trailer since the day I bought it!  We’ve been cleaning out the barn to make room for this load, a VROA race car roller....... along with a ton of spares.

C916FD75-BBC9-4EB6-9F77-CE7D972E7E1E.jpeg

EFD93895-BA0D-41FA-8C44-5E48F40DD707.jpeg

BD587227-2221-4F4C-BB5A-BFF086758815.jpeg

• Like 2

Pullstart

Ok, I need to clarify...  I bought the pump!  My father inlaw bought the car :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

jay bee

R & N Sport Buggy and Truck is still in business and in the same location on Sprinkle Road in Portage, MI.  Maybe they would be interested in sponsoring the car again when you get it racin'  !!!  :auto-layrubber:

• Thanks 1