bellevillerod

Barn find 1047

bellevillerod

Thanks for the shop manuals, I really appreciate it. I should be able to fix this problem, I was hoping to just get on and ride but...... Oh well 😟

WHX??
11 hours ago, 953 nut said:

There is now!            

20 hours ago, WHX21 said:

no such thing from the factory that is.:lol:

I would make sense calling it 1047  it were a 1045/867 mutt but I' not sure it  a 1045 rear. It looks like it has  V fender supports ala 701 and appears to have a cover on the left side tunnel ala a 753 and others? Also not the right side inner cover with the dimple in it.  Did a 1045 have these? Tom @Shynon your our expert on 1045s.

Any chance Rod you can get us some pics of the that rear end some more? Might be interesting to see how the builder mated that tunnel up to the '67 hood stand.

Sorry to hear about the transmission woes, I would have expected problems with the motor.

Edited by WHX21
  • Like 2

953 nut
19 minutes ago, WHX21 said:

make sense calling it 1047  it were a 1045/867 mutt but I' not sure it  a 1045 rear. It looks like it has  V fender supports ala 701 and appears to have a cover on the left side tunnel ala a 753 and others? Also not the right side inner cover with the dimple in it.  Did a 1045 have these?

Aren't we over thinking this a bit?    :confusion-confused:    Lets face it, this is a cool looking :wh:,    no more,    no less.

• Like 2

WHX??
14 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Aren't we over thinking this a bit?

I probably am but scavenging ideas for a future custom is NEVER overthinking! :lol:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

953 nut
11 minutes ago, WHX21 said:

scavenging ideas for a future custom

That is why we all watch your and Kevin's @pullstart builds so closely.    We all borrow ideas.

• Haha 3

bellevillerod

Sure thing, I will get some tomorrow and you can have a better idea of what it is.. Lol

• Like 1

bellevillerod

I'm starting to think that when the father in law passed away and left it, they had no idea where to go with it. It appears that this was a work in progress and just wasn't complete. It starts and runs great. You can see where he was working on the engaging drive for the deck and just stopped. I have a engineering job ahead of me. This will be a fun project for the winter. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

We like that kind of attitude  Rod :handgestures-thumbupright: FIL might have been be our kind of hero God rest his soul.

Edited by WHX21
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, bellevillerod said:

I'm starting to think that when the father in law passed away and left it, they had no idea where to go with it. It appears that this was a work in progress and just wasn't complete. It starts and runs great. You can see where he was working on the engaging drive for the deck and just stopped. I have a engineering job ahead of me. This will be a fun project for the winter. 

@bellevillerod I am driving to Detroit tomorrow to drop off a friend’s son to buy a car... not too far out of the way!  PM me if you feel like a visit after I drop him off!  Otherwise, bring ‘er on up some time and I’ve got a feeling I could help get you on your way with whatever deck drive work you need :handgestures-thumbupright:

C809F244-5A49-477B-892D-146EEE4A206F.jpeg

• Like 1

bellevillerod
1 minute ago, WHX21 said:

We like that kind of attitude  Rod :handgestures-thumbupright:

Thanks I like problem solving and making things work. Ya it would have been great to have it in perfect condition but at 200$ I can live with it. All that is going to happen is that I will know this tractor front to back. I like that! 

• Like 1

Pullstart

I have enough parts if I look around in the morning, to hook you up with an “old school” pto engagement setup.  Let me know if I need to toss it in the truck before I head out.  Leaving between 11 and 1.

• Excellent 1

bellevillerod
2 minutes ago, pullstart said:

@bellevillerod I am driving to Detroit tomorrow to drop off a friend’s son to buy a car... not too far out of the way!  PM me if you feel like a visit after I drop him off!  Otherwise, bring ‘er on up some time and I’ve got a feeling I could help get you on your way with whatever deck drive work you need :handgestures-thumbupright:

C809F244-5A49-477B-892D-146EEE4A206F.jpeg

Wow thanks for the offer but tomorrow is already booked. I have to vote, sit in my treestand and then work nights. Oh and somewhere in there I have to get some sleep lol. But I'm not above asking for help and when I get it pulled I might be stopping by. I'm thinking it's a needle bearing that is shot. I hope that the shaft is still good. We shall see. 

• Like 1

WHX??

Look out for that pullstart dude tho Rod...:ph34r: ...he knows how to travel and we got pics to prove it!:ychain:

• Haha 2

Pullstart
2 minutes ago, bellevillerod said:

Wow thanks for the offer but tomorrow is already booked. I have to vote, sit in my treestand and then work nights. Oh and somewhere in there I have to get some sleep lol. But I'm not above asking for help and when I get it pulled I might be stopping by. I'm thinking it's a needle bearing that is shot. I hope that the shaft is still good. We shall see. 

Thanks for the (vote) reminder!  If you need to take a road trip before work ever, I’m a stay at home dad until snow plow time, give me a jingle any time...

• Like 1

bellevillerod

With the belt cover that is on it I don't think that the old version will work. I was looking over my 854 and it looks like it won't fit. But who knows once I get into it. 

• Like 1

Pullstart
1 minute ago, WHX21 said:

Look out for that pullstart dude tho Rod...:ph34r: ...he knows how to travel and we got pics to prove it!:ychain:

650 miles, 4 tractors, that’s over 160 miles per tractor!

0BE6DF89-C8BA-4F54-B38B-62A3E8A8CDEE.jpeg

74321D11-E7BF-4BEE-8979-EE3045D1334E.jpeg

0B436410-E83D-4194-9A64-3710068EFD10.jpeg

96C95693-2897-41F1-ACAD-30D2847B4DFE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Pullstart
1 minute ago, bellevillerod said:

With the belt cover that is on it I don't think that the old version will work. I was looking over my 854 and it looks like it won't fit. But who knows once I get into it. 

Grind a little, weld a little, paint a little, it’ll fit

WHX??

See what I'm talkin Rod?

• Confused 1

bellevillerod
7 minutes ago, pullstart said:

650 miles, 4 tractors, that’s over 160 miles per tractor!

0BE6DF89-C8BA-4F54-B38B-62A3E8A8CDEE.jpeg

74321D11-E7BF-4BEE-8979-EE3045D1334E.jpeg

0B436410-E83D-4194-9A64-3710068EFD10.jpeg

96C95693-2897-41F1-ACAD-30D2847B4DFE.jpeg

Holy crap! And I thought I was bad. I have to show this to my wife. She thinks I have lost my mind. Farthest I have gone was KY. 

• Haha 4

Pullstart

The belt guard on yours looks like the one on Putt Putt.  I think the 854 controls would fit...

Pullstart
1 minute ago, bellevillerod said:

Holy crap! And I thought I was bad. I have to show this to my wife. She thinks I have lost my mind. Farthest I have gone was KY. 

When I drove to the Big Show in PA this past June, I THOUGHT my truck was full bringing Putt Putt and a little old Toro cart.  I offloaded the cart and picked up 3 complete tractors at the show.  The truck had maybe 5000 miles on it when I made that treck!

• Like 2

WHX??

Said it before Kev those pics  many times they been played just don't get old:lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

Here are the 4 tractors back together...  yeah I got me some awesome ladies, they all love tractors!

06536F98-875A-434C-AE0C-B52C791F67F4.jpeg

B7281968-78B1-4D76-A104-E9713503A3A5.jpeg

4994E065-9DA3-4CE8-A2FB-92C5E8E050ED.jpeg

DC28DF16-8827-47AF-9727-12DBB6426306.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

bellevillerod
14 minutes ago, pullstart said:

The belt guard on yours looks like the one on Putt Putt.  I think the 854 controls would fit...

I will have to pull the Mule drive pulley and see if it works. It has the cotter pin for the tension spring in the frame. I will check the shaft size and see. I would need the peddle and pulley to change it over. 

bellevillerod
40 minutes ago, WHX21 said:

See what I'm talkin Rod?

Oh I see.... Lol and yes it will fit... Cut, grind, weld & paint. It is a frankinhorse already little more fab can't hurt! 

• Haha 3