Willhaven

Modification by adding deck wheels to WH 211-5

Has anyone tried adding/installing deck wheels to a WH 211-5SB? If so, is there a specific make/model that would work best on this tractor? My lawn doesn't have the most level of surfaces, so adding wheels will save me from multiple scalpings (I think).

wheelhorse-211-5sb.jpeg

deck1.jpeg

deck2.jpeg

wheelhorse-211-5sb-id.jpeg

I was thinking maybe try and weld something up. A plate of your desired length welded towards the ground with a long enough “axle” to put a wheel on. Maybe this will work maybe not just a thought. Sorry the pic is messy just the best I can do.

3D8E7F66-90CF-47B4-92FC-FF2499789D76.jpeg

• Like 1

Is there any other “wheeled” deck that that will work? Just putting it out there??

Anyone out there that knows is there a wheeled deck that is compatible?

• Like 1

It has been many years since I owned s 418 with “floating “deck. Thoughts?

30 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

Great thought. If there is one then it’s certainly be more practical to swap decks - though maybe a tad more expensive. 

Maybe use the floater anti-scalp wheels of a donor deck? - front and back sides so it rides the wheels on uneven terrain?(See the oblong front and middle rear wheels in the picture)...

IMG_0570.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 520hC-120 said:

I was thinking maybe try and weld something up. A plate of your desired length welded towards the ground with a long enough “axle” to put a wheel on. Maybe this will work maybe not just a thought. Sorry the pic is messy just the best I can do.

3D8E7F66-90CF-47B4-92FC-FF2499789D76.jpeg

I was thinking of using the existing holes where the top connects to the bottom/inside. Sorry I don’t know the names of these deck parts haha. 

You would have to compare the deck mounting and lift system used on your tractor to the models that came without a deck. Models 32-08B402, 32-11B403, 32-12B501 and 32-12BE01 used the following optional decks and their mounting and lift should all be the same. Find the parts list for just one of them to compare it to yours..

36" rear discharge deck. Click on the picture

37" side discharge

Garry

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

What size deck do you need?

This is a single 30" blade.

I don't have a mower on any of our tractors so I'm not familiar with how any of them would mount.

I'm wondering if you could get a mower deck that has the wheels already on it to mount on your tractor.

The initial cost might seem a bit higher but you may be able to sell your bagger and your deck to make up for it?

You may also be able to get a slightly wider cut like a 32 or maybe a 36.

On 11. Oktober 2018 at 11:15 PM, JimmyJam said:

Hi,

i own a 42" deck, (i think it has 3 blades) that has wheels mounted.

i will take tomorrow a photo and post, so you can see how it was originally solved.

some flat material and a bit Welding few Bolts and ( i would preferr 3 wheels) and you are good to go.

Edit - found some picts - 

greetings from Bavaria

Stefan

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Tractorhead
Added Pict.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Few photos more..

I think i shall rework my deck while Winter...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1