stumplifter

520xi snowblower

stumplifter

Thinking winter.  Live in north central Wisconsin, we see some big snow.  I know that our 520xi has plenty of power.  Gravel drive... long, big loop with an annoyingly steep grade in one spot.

What is the model number for the snowblower attachment?

Does it require special mounting hardware?  Current attachment is a 48" deck.

Obviously would need chains for the rear tires.  Any preferred brands/ things to avoid?

Would love to hear stories of snowblowing adventures with a 520xi.

thanks!

gwest_ca

4 different model numbers for the 520xi so don't want to lead you astray.

Go into our manuals section and look for your tractor model. There will be a D&A file there for it and the A is the attachment list. There is a 42" single stage snowthrower and a 44" 2-stage snowthrower. The 2-stage requires a rear hitch on the one I looked at.

Once you find the model number of the snowthrower you can go to them and download the manuals for it.

If you need help post your tractor model number and serial number.

Garry

• Like 1

peter lena

that gravel drive will probably require a better /simpler height adjustment . I added swivel wheels to mine which made things much easier. take the time to road test anything using a spinning auger, you probably will find a happy medium in your final setting, allowing you to throw snow on different surfaces. chains and weights are vital, along with regular lubrication of the chain drive , and related moving parts. use the gearing that you have to maximize your throwing , don't use it like a battering ram , take partial cuts ,change chute direction often. good luck on your snow throwing, pete

shallowwatersailor

I'm originally from Illinois and use to spend summers when I was a kid in Durand. My step-son currently lives in Ashland so I am familiar with your snow conditions. I never have had a two-stage snowblower for a 5xi but given the fact that you don't have PS might be a drawback. One thing I will suggest is not to use ags. I bought my 523Dxi with a pair of loaded ags installed. Because they were loaded, I thought that they would provide decent traction. I kept them on the first season but had to be careful with loss of traction at times. Turfs with metal chains ( because you have gravel) would be the best. Another improvement would be to install a wider skid shoe. My single-stage snowthrower had them and I really think they would work even better on gravel.

5b8bfa79182ef_Toro79365.1.JPG.26ed1641588f573190ccca7fdba18286.JPG

P1040255.JPG.0c07b55a9e6a333a6d61e21f2b45bcac.JPG

Plus a couple of my videos of thew 523Dxi.

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

stumplifter
15 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

4 different model numbers for the 520xi so don't want to lead you astray.

Go into our manuals section and look for your tractor model. There will be a D&A file there for it and the A is the attachment list. There is a 42" single stage snowthrower and a 44" 2-stage snowthrower. The 2-stage requires a rear hitch on the one I looked at.

Once you find the model number of the snowthrower you can go to them and download the manuals for it.

If you need help post your tractor model number and serial number.

Garry

Thanks Garry,

It is model # 73542 sn 200000204.

@shallowwatersailor awesome videos, the cab feature is smart.  Currently with our atv it is a snow suit, Sorel's and a headsock.  Last time out I almsot had to don my full faced motorcycle helmet to keep the snow spray off my glasses.  :wacko:

@peter lena I ass-u-me the extra weight in the back assists with traction?

Thanks all for the quick replies and solid advice! :handgestures-thumbupright:

gwest_ca

Click on the picture

Garry

• Like 1

Xearl

I have a 523DXI  with a 44inch two stage  79366  .  If you can find a used one it may include all the parts you need .

2 toros copy.jpg

Toro weight box.jpg