Auction find 1267... RUNS!!

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, posifour11 said:

Nah, you just started looking around for them. 😀

...about 3 years ago...

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

posifour11

See! The only "smoking" deals I get down here here is other brands. You're close to the prime area. I'm glad you're saving as many as you can. These are a great part of history and I hate hearing of them being lost. 

I'm going to the BS or bust next year. Hope to meet you there!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Machineguy
51 minutes ago, posifour11 said:

See! The only "smoking" deals I get down here here is other brands. You're close to the prime area. I'm glad you're saving as many as you can. These are a great part of history and I hate hearing of them being lost. 

I'm going to the BS or bust next year. Hope to meet you there!

Yeah, tell me about it! Seems like everyone around here in SW Va that has an old Wheel Horse asks a fortune for them and parts. @ebinmaine hooked me up with PTO brackets for my short frame tractor and I’m 800 miles south of him! Still got a better buy than anything that could be had around here! He might have a different accent than us but he’s good people! I hope to meet him at the BS myself! 

Maybe you and him both! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by Machineguy
  • Excellent 3

AMC RULES

You might be surprised to learn..

you're in a pretty :wh: rich area of the country Eric. 

I've pulled my fair share of 'em outta your general vacinity. :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 2

WHX??
7 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

I've pulled stole :ph34r: my fair share of 'em outta your general vicinity

• Haha 5

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

You might be surprised to learn..

you're in a pretty :wh: rich area of the country Eric. 

I've pulled my fair share of 'em outta your general vacinity. :handgestures-thumbsup:

Definitely seen a few around Craig. I guess what I run into most of the time here is that when you say Wheelhorse Rich. Emphasize the rich. For whatever reason, garden tractors in Northern New England have become some kind of a rich man's premium lately.

That said, I'm really only looking on CL.

I'm not specifically searching at any given time. I just kind of poke around once in a while to see if there's any really inexpensive ones that I could use for resale to one of you guys or parts for my own machines.

I have seen a few of the 3, 4, 5 series that I've referred other people too but never found a square Hood such as I like that I would pay the money they wanted.

As far as the four tractors I picked up at the auction... I'm thinking I'm going to combine the c100 with the c 81 and make one good tractor. Both of them are pretty rough but in opposite places, luckily.

The cute little custom I'll post in a different thread. It's one that I originally bought for parts but it wasn't quite what I thought it was and somebody put a lot of work into this thing so I don't want to disassemble it.

As for the 1267... I haven't made up my mind yet.

• Like 2

Pullstart

I really like that style PTO lever.  I’m looking forward to using the one on the Charger 12 some day!

• Like 2

squonk
5 hours ago, 953 nut said:

1267     1267       1267!

HIKE!!!

• Haha 5

520HC

1267  1267   1267

DSC02188.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

squonk

5b7fc25a3efa1_sk3005.JPG.69a12789b78d9abd2ee2309b7151e044.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Retired Wrencher

ebinmaine  That is when they really made wheel horse in my book the best of everything real rugged workers. Simple but rugged. Those old K Kohlers taken care of last for ever.  Enjoy!!!!!!!

Edited by Retierd Wrencher
  • Like 3

PeacemakerJack

Great find Eric!  I like all the machines that you purchased but that 1267 is a really gem!  Ol’ Jim is drooling over that one so much the water levels are rising around here:lol:

I’m also interested to hear what your plans are with this one? Preserve or restore? It will be fun regardless of what you do with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Preserve or restore?

Thanks Josh! I'm pretty excited to find this one myself. It makes a great bigger brother to my honey's 657.

Normally both Trina and I really lean towards shiny paint on stuff. But, we both have a great appreciation for when something should not be repainted.

This is that tractor. It seems to have most or all of its original paint and is in decent overall condition and has been well maintained over the years judging by the quality and types of changes that have been made such as exhaust elbows and heavy-duty rear hubs.

I could actually use some help here from anybody who would like to chime in. @stevebo @AMC RULES @Chris G and whoever else is into preserving patina.

Here's the thing. There are two large heavy-duty very old and well-used Rodent nests in this tractor. How do I clean those out and disinfect without ruining the paint?

Quite frankly, this tractor smells incredibly disgusting. Those Nests have got to go but I want to use something to clean it that isn't going to damage things.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

Chris G

Well hope this helps. One way i clean my  machines is a strong mixture of mean green and hot water. Then i just scrub them down and use any tool that helps the job. Such as a couple different stiff and soft bristle scrub brushes. I try to stay away from any engine degreasers and solvents like that, only cause I have noticed on some occasions it will fade the paint. Also If I'm trying to save the original paint on the tractor I never use a pressure washer or a strong stream of water until I have got it cleaned up and all the loose flaking paint off. Then I will go through all the mechanics of the machine. Then I do a nice wet sand and follow that with a couple coats of clear.  Also I'm sure you know this, but make sure you weare some gloves and a dust mask. Cause the dust from those nests are nasty and is nothing you want to breath in.

Edited by Chris G
  • Thanks 1

AMC RULES

Probably a million different ways to achieve what you're looking for.

I always start with a thorough, high heat pressure wash where needed. Never have sanded on one yet, or clear coated one either.

Multiple repeat applications of good old fashioned elbow grease, Mothers mag and aluminum polish, and finish up with Johnsons floor paste wax...I've found, is the process that works for me.

20180504_150015.jpg.fb810c29000c0a2787551dbb0246b825.jpg

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
On 8/23/2018 at 4:31 AM, stevebo said:

Would like to see some photos of the paint. Looks original in the video but hard to tell

Steve, I have not gotten around to taking any more pictures of that tractor because I'm still pulling things from that auction and haven't had time. My honey and I did take a look at it the other night and we do believe it is original paint.

Top surfaces that were facing the sun and a lot of the pivot points and nuts and bolts are very very rusty.

The engine is covered with a very interesting coat of grease and oil.

I'm hoping I can do this tractor justice at some point and bring back some of the original paint.

• Like 1