Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
We're going to take apart the Tecumseh from my Honey's 657 so I can replace the crankshaft.
Any little tricks or tips I need to know about?
So I have been working on a 656 I picked up at the end of last year and I did my first ever motor rebuild by my self on it. However it seems that I have lots of play in the piston and some slop at TDC more then I should have. So to finish the year mowing I am thinking of doing a predator swap while I go over the engine again. I am sure several people have done this before and I have a spare mounting plat to make it work. I am wondering if anyone has any pictures of ones they have done for help along the way. I know I will need a adapter to use the factory pulley and I don't want to destroy any of the sheetmetal since it is in good shape. I will keep you posted as I go along and eventually when I get the hh60 back together correctly to re install.
Still needs some finishing... It's alive!!
As stated in another section my honey went and bought herself a 657 a few days ago. Sunday afternoon to be exact.
Runs and drives quite well and had a very serious and non negotiable issue.
It's Oliver green with Ford gray wheels.
Other than that the work should be minimal standard stuff.
Well of course she started tearing right into the disassembling of the lucky little tractor.
We started to show the daily work being done to it and then realized we should really start a new thread in the proper location.
So here's a few before pics as a reminder.
Here's the end of Sunday results.
And a pic from Monday nights work.
After this was taken she found some spray on paint stripper and emptied the can on it.
We left it on for 24 hours or so.
And found red paint!!