Fireslayer

Fireslayer

Fireslayer

Hey, new here but have been a Wheel Horse owner and tech for many years. Really enjoying all the info available here. I'm searching for a LH rear axle part # 108361 for a 520H with the Eaton hydrostatic transmission. I posted in the want ad section already with no luck yet. Axle was probably used in all 400/500 series hydros.  Used or NOS will be fine. Thanks, Fireslayer.

Digger 66

Welcome to Red Square .

953 nut

:WRS:     Couple of our members can probably fix you up. @daveoman1966 or http://a-ztractor.com/ would be my suggestions.

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

KC9KAS

daveoman1966
7 hours ago, Fireslayer said:

Hey, new here but have been a Wheel Horse owner and tech for many years. Really enjoying all the info available here. I'm searching for a LH rear axle part # 108361 for a 520H with the Eaton hydrostatic transmission. I posted in the want ad section already with no luck yet. Axle was probably used in all 400/500 series hydros.  Used or NOS will be fine. Thanks, Fireslayer.

The axle 108361 is 13" long...1 1/8" diameter.  I have one available ...good condition too...woodruff keyway is TIGHT.  not slopped out at all.

send me an off-site email for details....my email address is:

daveoman@windstream.net

• Like 2

ztnoo

Glad you found Red Square, Fireslayer!

Welcome Aboard!!!  :text-welcomeconfetti:

If I could offer a suggestion about something that has occurred with few new members in the past......I hope you will lend an ear..... and not be offended or miffed by my comments. They are meant as a suggestion and a heads up when navigating the waters here at RS. It took me a while to get the hang of things and in particular the organizational structure and layout of the web site. Once you get a handle on that, you'll be off and running and quickly get comfortable with the knowledge available and comradery that abounds at this specialized online hobby university.

I would strongly suggest you begin a thread with a title that is relevant to the topic you wish to discuss or inquire about, which is easily understood, and place it in an appropriate forum category.......i.e. Tractors, Engines, Transmissions and Transaxles, Implements, etc.,etc., etc..

Doing so will draw those members who have enormous experience, expertise, and knowledge in the those areas, and will also provide someone doing a search of a particular topic, more easily located and relevant threads.

In the past we have had a few new members that literally were beginning every thread they authored with their user name in the subject line. The downside of that was they might be asking a question in Tractors, a question in Engines, a question in Electrical, and a question in Implements and Attachments, with only a few hours separating these posts. The user also may have posted a classified ad, but instead of stating the subject matter in the ad title header, they where using their user name in the title. So the negative effect of this habit was, other members really had absolutely no clue about what the poster might be concerned about. The downside to that was that while it made it easier for the drafting of a thread by this new member, it was utterly and bewilderingly confusing for rest of the RS membership. There was truly no way to distinguish at the first sight of a subject title what the user wanted to discuss............without actually opening the post and digesting its real content. To illustrate this point, let's say the new RS member assigned the user name to himself of "Uncle Buffalo Bob" and to each subject line of his posts regardless of actual content of each post. So the membership sees multiple posts entitled "Uncle Buffalo Bob", yet has NO CLUE what the subject matter is. If one did a search for "Uncle Buffalo Bob", he would get a returned result full of threads all with the same title and with very little way to distinguish the thread content of any of the posts.

It appears that you thankfully and luckily are on your way to helping to solve your axle problem, largely thanks to the probable inquisitive nature of other members wondering what "Fireslayer" meant in terms of Wheel Horse tractors, rather than grasping immediately the subject matter of concern in the thread title. If you wanted to draw attention more quickly to any concern or problem you might be having with a WH, an example of better title for this particular thread might have been "Looking for a 520H axle" or, "Suggestions on where to buy a 520H axle?". Something along those lines.........

I would suggest you not use your user name in a thread title line again. Assigning a unique title would likely deliver even faster response times to your particular issue, whatever that may be.

Once again, :text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:

Thanks for hearing me out. Good luck on your project.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 4