BOB ELLISON

LAWN RANGER SEAT

ACman

Bob ..... Bob ..... Bob , you truly have hit it outta the park :baseball: . One of those on my 1075 barn find rat would make it pop ! 

871C7411-DA86-4241-BB15-0047A4CB493F.thumb.jpeg.59c9a855ebfe80ea92c3e65247842d34.jpeg

or my 856.....or how about one on my throwback 520 Wheel-a-Magic .

2EE27EAA-3594-4265-905F-44F4070734AB.jpeg.8f6ae5bfc4ec8746089f738bd4c1af42.jpeg

PM me what your thinking on prices with foam and without foam ? Would love to meet you in person (cannot remember if we met at the Big Show)

just curious did http://www.1800boattops.com/marinevinyl ever get back with you ?

Edited by ACman
  • Like 2

Sarge

I agree, foam is a real problem and expensive stuff no matter how you do it. Off the shelf stuff won't work for long and will break down, not to mention it has zero cushion to it. I doubt anyone would care about the additional cost when getting a new seat with foam included - these things would ride so much better the sticker price would be a distant memory.

Sarge

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

953 nut
4 hours ago, ACman said:

Would love to meet you in person (cannot remember if we met at the Big Show)

Jeff, you took Bob's picture with "Steve on a Stick" and Howard!

20170623_104341.jpg.bac3b9bc7801fb19bbf365f018bb2f97.jpg

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

ACman
13 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Jeff, you took Bob's picture with "Steve on a Stick" and Howard!

That was Mrs. ACman not me taking pics  ... I’m sure I was close by but don’t remember talking to Bob :( .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

953 nut
2 minutes ago, ACman said:

remember talking to Bob

We will have to change all that. I had the pleasure of spending some time with him and I'm sure you will like him too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BOB ELLISON
51 minutes ago, ACman said:

That was Mrs. ACman not me taking pics  ... I’m sure I was close by but don’t remember talking to Bob :( .

Yes ACman that was your lovely wife that took that picture. We did talk about that being my first time to the Big show.  But I did see you walking around with her after .

ACman
7 minutes ago, BOB ELLISON said:

Yes ACman that was your lovely wife that took that picture. We did talk about that being my first time to the Big show.  But I did see you walking around with her after .

:ROTF:walking.... Haa Haa Haa that definitely wasn’t me then . I’m the guy riding around in a camouflaged track chair :).

17A01047-7304-41F5-80D2-CBCDF89B613C.jpeg.43bc138a4d552627c10c910be81ef431.jpeg

• Like 2

BOB ELLISON

@ACman I never did get anything from boattop.com but I did find 2 other places for the marine vinyl . I have to use 2 different places ,one for the black and one for the white pleated vinyl. And yes new seats would make any old tractor like good. I have evert thing I need to start on the black and white original looking seats but the foam is on order.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

BOB ELLISON
14 minutes ago, ACman said:

:ROTF:walking.... Haa Haa Haa that definitely wasn’t me then . I’m the guy riding around in a camouflaged track chair :).

17A01047-7304-41F5-80D2-CBCDF89B613C.jpeg.43bc138a4d552627c10c910be81ef431.jpeg

My bad.

It was Mrs Rules that took that pic.

I did see you riding around but never got to talk to you. 

• Like 3

BOB ELLISON

Ok this is what I have to offer and I did my best to perfect all the cuts and sew them into a usable look alike seat.

LAWN RANGER AND 655,606,656,855 ,856,875,1055,1075,1056 SEATS.

These wheel horse tractors should be the same seats as the lawn ranger. 

BUT PLEASE CHECK YOURS TO BE SURE  BEFORE YOU ORDER.

COVER W/OUT FOAM --------------- $80.00

COVER with  FOAM -------------------$100.00

SHIPPING EXTRA .I will ship USPS or however you may want at your cost.

And as cheap as possible. 

I make  the original looking  Black and White at these prices. 

The Black and white are made of marine grade vinyl with the 1 inch heat pleated white. I sew with v92 poly uv thread. All the stress seams are double sewed.

FOAM: The foam is rebonded 2 inch for the seat and 1 inch for the back. I hand cut the foam to my frame as close to the metal as possible leaving enough overhang  so the frame is covered. You may have to tweak the foam a little  to your frame.

(If you want to cut the foam yourself I'll send it uncut)

I HAVE NOT GLUED THE SEAT TO FABRIC.

If you want to glue the seat cover to the foam or frame that's up to you. I will not glue any covers to foam. 

I also will be offering the multi color covers like the reds and blacks. But these are sewn in pleats so there not as water repellent as the heat pleated. Each 1 inch pleat of course has needle holes so water will soak in over time . Not so with the white heat pleated. If you store yours indoor then it not a problem. (Just for your info.)

Covers can be any combo of the colors I have on hand. About two weeks to make these multi color sears. $10.00 extra for multi colors because of all the sewing.

I have tried to keep the price as low as the material and labor would allow me to.

And I will try to offer these at the Big Show but the price may increase .

Payment:

PayPal , Check or money order.

(If a check or money order there's a one week hold to clear.)

PM me for total shipping cost

20180228_114520.jpg

20180228_114804.jpg

20180228_114549.jpg

20180209_140456.jpg

20180204_162504.jpg

20180219_153601.jpg

20180228_132131.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5

Sarge

Very nice work,  those prices are more than reasonable,  probably going to get you overwhelmed with orders in hurry. How did you end up cutting the foam?

Sarge

BOB ELLISON
10 hours ago, Sarge said:

Very nice work,  those prices are more than reasonable,  probably going to get you overwhelmed with orders in hurry. How did you end up cutting the foam?

Sarge

Hi Sarge 

I purchased the foam in 52"x76" sheets but I had them cut it down to 26"×72" sheets. Then I used a electric carving knife to cut them into the correct piece's. Lots of cutting. I had to drive 100 miles round trip to pick them up.

But I got all the 2" cut and only half the 1" cut. I have to trim each piece seat and back to fit so it's a lot of work cutting. I only have 1 seat done and ready to ship but I had to order boxes to ship in today. I did not know how expensive boxes are. I ordered 25 today I called UPS and for 3 boxes 18x12x5 (ready for this) $21.00 . It still cost me $52.00 for 25. Shipping costed half that.

953 nut

Bob, take a look at these mailers, I have received some big items shipped in these.

Expansion Poly Mailers

EXPANSION POLY MAILERS

ULINE EXCLUSIVE

Recommended for shipping bulky apparel, purses, books and quilts.
  • Water resistant, tear-proof polyethylene.
  • 4" bottom gusset.
  • High-strength seams allow over-stuffing.
  • Perforated tear-strip.
  • Self-seal adhesive strip secures bags instantly.

3 MIL EXPANSION POLY MAILERS

MODEL
NO.
OUTSIDE
W x L x D
DESCRIPTION QTY./
CASE
PRICE PER CASE LBS./
CASE
ADD TO
CART
1 3 5 10+
 S-17231  10 x 13 x 2" With Tear
Strip
100 $36 $35 $33 $30 4   ADD
 S-11481  11 x 13 x 4" 38 37 35 32 5   ADD
 S-11482  13 x 16 x 4" 50 48 46 42 6   ADD
 S-13609  15 x 20 x 4" 71 68 65 59 8   ADD
 S-15895  20 x 24 x 4" 102 98 94 85 13   ADD
 S-13610  26 x 28 x 5" 144 138 132 120 20   ADD
 S-15896  30 x 36 x 5" 188 181 173 157 28   ADD
Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 1

BOB ELLISON

@953 nut thanks Richard but I already ordered the boxes. And I would have to get the 15x20x4 $71.00 or 20x24x4 $102.00 but that's for 100 bags and maybe it would fit I don't know. But the boxes I ordered I know they will fit.

Besides I'm going to put on the boxes

Fragile.,handle with care vintage art work do not bend fold or sit on.

953 nut
6 hours ago, BOB ELLISON said:

I'm going to put on the boxes

Fragile.,handle with care vintage art work do not bend fold or sit on.

:no:                         When one of them goes over the edge that is the first thing to be destroyed!          :ychain:

Image result for postal employees behaving badly

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
8 hours ago, BOB ELLISON said:

Fragile.,handle with care vintage art work do not .......   or sit on.

I like the irony in not being able to sit on a seat....

• Haha 2

rjg854

20180204_162504.jpg

If I ever need a seat cover this would be my choice.  Out of all of them, this one just looks so Wheel Horsey :bow-blue:

• Like 4

squonk

Back to something I know a little about. That's foot doctors. I have had trouble for years. Plantar fascitis, toenails growing crooked, very loose ankle joints ect. A lot of so called foot doctors should work near a pond because they are quacks. I finally found a guy who cured my plantar isssue. Then he got sick for a while and I had to go see his his  associate who is no longer there.:rolleyes: Then his office wanted me to see other doctors when he came back because he was so busy. I said no and I'll wait for an appt. when I got in he told me to tell the office staff I have diabetes (which I dont) and I'll get a quicker appt. :) Great guy and I help him with advise on his tractor and plumbing projects. :) He tells me regular doctors don't know how to operate on a foot correctly and he's always fixing another doc's boo boo's. I finally have to go back after a couple of years as another toe is starting to give problems again. got another rouge nail. 

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON
3 minutes ago, squonk said:

Back to something I know a little about. That's foot doctors. I have had trouble for years. Plantar fascitis, toenails growing crooked, very loose ankle joints ect. A lot of so called foot doctors should work near a pond because they are quacks. I finally found a guy who cured my plantar isssue. Then he got sick for a while and I had to go see his his  associate who is no longer there.:rolleyes: Then his office wanted me to see other doctors when he came back because he was so busy. I said no and I'll wait for an appt. when I got in he told me to tell the office staff I have diabetes (which I dont) and I'll get a quicker appt. :) Great guy and I help him with advise on his tractor and plumbing projects. :) He tells me regular doctors don't know how to operate on a foot correctly and he's always fixing another doc's boo boo's. I finally have to go back after a couple of years as another toe is starting to give problems again. got another rouge nail. 

Squonk I know what your talking about.

I've been to 3 Doctors in 9 years and now I'm seeing the head DR at U OF M Hospital and she's good. I've had plantar fasciitis for 25 years. The only thing that helped my foot was very good shoes. Rockport's where the best but then I bought a bad pair of cheaper shoes early last year and that's when it started. I damaged the tendons in my heel. My Dr said only rest will heal it. She also said no surgery will help it and it could do more damage to it.

She's a very good Doctor. She told me if I don't stay off it she would put me in a cast. The cast won't help but I'll bet you'll stay off it then.

• Haha 3

squonk

I had plaster cast made from my feet and got special custom orthotics. That and good boots for work. I have had to go back and get a cortisone shot like every 4 years in my heel compared what I was going through it was worth it. 

• Like 2

BOB ELLISON
1 minute ago, squonk said:

I had plaster cast made from my feet and got special custom orthotics. That and good boots for work. I have had to go back and get a cortisone shot like every 4 years in my heel compared what I was going through it was worth it. 

I just got new shoe's yesterday. I got SAS that's San Antonio Shoes. Cost me $202.00 for speaker's  but they are nice on the feet. I'll never buy another pair of the cheaper  New Balance $60.00. the   higher price  ones I use are $149.00 and are ok. My Dr said cortisone won't help my heel .Thank GOD! I hate the thought of a needle in my tender feet.

• Like 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, BOB ELLISON said:

told me if I don't stay off it she would put me in a cast. The cast won't help but I'll bet you'll stay off it then.

When I cut the end off my finger and had it sewed back on they taped the two adjoining fingers to it and splinted them. I took that rig off and taped a splint to the one finger the first day. They cast the hand at the follow up appointment a couple days later to stop me from using the hand, but did cast a ball socket into it so I could shift.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ACman

@BOB ELLISON @squonk I know what your saying, do everything possible to keep that good doctor once you find one. D912EB3B-C019-4175-BE67-C30A7BB7217A.gif.85d824149c2e6a91580c5843923cf93c.gif

• Like 2

dells68

On the foot note, one of my students' dad is a Dr. of physical therapy. I mentioned to him I needed new inserts for my shoes and he took care of me yesterday.  Feet feel much better now!

Back to the thread.  I got my cover and padding from @BOB ELLISON this morning.  Wow!!!!!  It looks awesome right out of the box!!  I don't have my seat pan here to fit it to, so I'll have to post pics later on.  Bob's work is amazing!  Very professional!  If you need a cover, I highly suggest you contact him quickly, as I'm sure he will be swamped with orders!!  Thanks so much Bob!!!!!!

IMG_7359.JPG

IMG_7360.JPG

• Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

BOB ELLISON
18 minutes ago, dells68 said:

On the foot note, one of my students' dad is a Dr. of physical therapy. I mentioned to him I needed new inserts for my shoes and he took care of me yesterday.  Feet feel much better now!

Back to the thread.  I got my cover and padding from @BOB ELLISON this morning.  Wow!!!!!  It looks awesome right out of the box!!  I don't have my seat pan here to fit it to, so I'll have to post pics later on.  Bob's work is amazing!  Very professional!  If you need a cover, I highly suggest you contact him quickly, as I'm sure he will be swamped with orders!!  Thanks so much Bob!!!!!!

IMG_7359.JPG

IMG_7360.JPG

Don't for get Dells68 the slits go down on the frame.  and the angled cut on the bottom goes to the back against the back rest. I'm glade you like it.

• Excellent 4