Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

sparkie333
23 hours ago, Gregor said:

I just like the look. Probably overkill.

Man no over kill when you are talking about a Wheel Horse. You did a great job on your tractor.  NOTE: My C160 came with arm rest. I got the book that came with it ---It was a delux edition The best I can under stand. It had a band that went across the back an bolted on with the arms attached. There are some pictures in here of it somewhere. Again a great job on your tractor. The best to you and yours.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Oldskool

What have I done to my horse today? Other then trying to get more. :DNothing....Absolutely nothing. Does that count??

• Haha 5

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Oldskool said:

What have I done to my horse today? Other then TRYING TO GET MORE. :DNothing....Absolutely nothing. Does that count??

I think that qualifies

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Jhook

New headlights came for the 315 today. Hopefully get them installed tonight or tomorrow after work

20210301_173844.jpg

• Like 4

Horse Newbie
23 hours ago, haydendavid380 said:

Those wheels look fantastic 

Thanks @haydendavid380 ... I stole the idea to powder coat, and paint the red and black Wheel Horse emblems on the hub caps from @WVHillbilly520H...

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Thanks 1

Horse Newbie
11 hours ago, lynnmor said:

I am a bit skeptical about the online store, proceed with caution

I too am a little wary about buying online...all too often you don't get exactly what the pic and description says...but I will let you know of I do...

lynnmor
6 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

I too am a little wary about buying online...all too often you don't get exactly what the pic and description says...but I will let you know of I do...

I buy online all the time, but that store has no physical address, no phone number and no reasonable contact information.  They only take one credit card and no PayPal.  They had those seats last year while Northern Tool was still selling them and I opted to waste the extra money and bought from Northern.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

waste the extra money

I'd have likely done the same. 

Not a waste if good for mind security. 

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
2 hours ago, lynnmor said:

I buy online all the time, but that store has no physical address, no phone number and no reasonable contact information.  They only take one credit card and no PayPal.  They had those seats last year while Northern Tool was still selling them and I opted to waste the extra money and bought from Northern.

I just ordered another seat that day through PayPal to the link I posted... Most other sites/stores no longer carry the Michigan V-818 (are they out of business or no longer market this particular seat?)  so I took a shot, if it fails I have paypal protection, if not I shall order a couple more.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 1

lynnmor
2 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

I just ordered another seat that day through PayPal to the link I posted... Most other sites/stores no longer carry the Michigan V-818 (are they out of business or no longer market this particular seat?)  so I took a shot, if it fails I have paypal protection, if not I shall order a couple more.

From their FAQs:

2. Q:

What are the accepted payment methods?

A:

We accept Credit Cards (only Visa), and Bank Transfer.

I do believe that seat has been out of production for some time.  I was surprised that the seat was much nicer than the pictures where they seem to have little padding.

I think you will be safe with PayPal, I would take the chance that way.  If you search for that seat, you will find similar sites selling them, probably all feeding out of the same back alley warehouse.

• Haha 1

WVHillbilly520H
8 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

From their FAQs:

2. Q:

What are the accepted payment methods?

A:

We accept Credit Cards (only Visa), and Bank Transfer.

I do believe that seat has been out of production for some time.  I was surprised that the seat was much nicer than the pictures where they seem to have little padding.

I think you will be safe with PayPal, I would take the chance that way.  If you search for that seat, you will find similar sites selling them, probably all feeding out of the same back alley warehouse.

You wouldn't by chance have the Michigan part # for the mid/high back seat (shorter) version like on 3/400 series WH or Cub Cadets? @cleat (in Canada) used them on his 520s, looking for a couple for some CC I have... BTW I just received an USPS tracking # and "shipped" notification hopefully this works out.

• Like 2

Horse Newbie
On 2/28/2021 at 3:56 PM, WVHillbilly520H said:

Yes my 95 has them, they were an additional bolt on option not always added, and WH had 2 styles the 2 piece like on mine or the one piece bracket like on older B/C series tractors, I put mine on a year or so after installing the seat, most times IMO/experiences are more in the way than actually useful, more of a "cool" factor, good luck and hope you enjoy yours. Here is the seat I used on my 95 520... 

https://www.oleegoliq.com/michigan-seat-extra-highback-seat-black-model-v818-p-117829.htm

So @WVHillbilly520H let me get this right...

You have actually ordered this seat from this site with satisfactory results ?

I found a seat at Northern Tool manufactured by Milsco, Michigan V-900, Item # 1754 ($134.99), with an arm rest kit available( Item # 17781($74.99).

The one from www.oleegoliq...

Screenshot_20210302-082946.png.97e4b40bbb75a0067f0ddf994f28f154.png

Edited by Horse Newbie

WVHillbilly520H
3 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

So @WVHillbilly520H let me get this right...

You have actually ordered this seat from this site with satisfactory results ?

I found a seat at Northern Tool manufactured by Milsco, Michigan V-900, Item # 1754 ($134.99), with an arm rest kit available( Item # 17781($74.99).

Looks

Screenshot_20210302-084316.png

I have ordered it but not received yet, my first V-818 came from NORTHERN TOOL, 5 years ago.

Horse Newbie

@WVHillbilly520H  @lynnmor

This is the one I found at Northern Tools website...$134.99... Arm rests ...$74.99

Screenshot_20210302-084316.png

Edited by Horse Newbie

Horse Newbie
2 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

I have ordered it but not received yet, my first V-818 came from NORTHERN TOOL, 5 years ago.

I think the V-818 may have been replaced by model V-900 at Northern...

I talked to Customer Service at Northern and they could not pull up a V-818...

WVHillbilly520H
1 minute ago, Horse Newbie said:

I think the V-818 may have been replaced by model V-900 at Northern...

I talked to Customer Service at Northern and they could not pull up a V-818...

Yes "nobody" has it anymore, that's why I tried this for the price (with PayPal protection), I really liked my first one, and the 1 on the Anniversary vinyl is cracked really bad.

Horse Newbie
41 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

You wouldn't by chance have the Michigan part # for the mid/high back seat (shorter) version like on 3/400 series WH or Cub Cadets? @cleat (in Canada) used them on his 520s, looking for a couple for some CC I have... BTW I just received an USPS tracking # and "shipped" notification hopefully this works out.

Since you just got a confirmation that it shipped, I may order the V-818 from www.oleegoliq.com , and then the arm rest kit from Northern, protected by PayPal of course

Horse Newbie
5 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

the 1 on the Anniversary vinyl is cracked really bad.

You are talking original cracked real bad...not the replacement. ( you have never replaced the Anniversary right ?)

WVHillbilly520H
Just now, Horse Newbie said:

You are talking original cracked real bad...not the replacement. ( you have never replaced the Anniversary right ?)

Yes original TORO seat the Michigan is much more pliable, 5 years no issues.

Horse Newbie
1 minute ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

what's the part # on the arm rest kit?

The part # for the arm rest kit is 17781...

The distribution center for Northern is in Fort Mill SC, only a few miles from me...but I can't pick up merchandise there...

I talked to Parts Dept. The lady was very nice.

She said I could call here and order from her.

Contact Info:

Northern Parts Dept. 1-800-657-0516

Janet......Ext. 8067

WVHillbilly520H
19 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

The part # for the arm rest kit is 17781...

The distribution center for Northern is in Fort Mill SC, only a few miles from me...but I can't pick up merchandise there...

I talked to Parts Dept. The lady was very nice.

She said I could call here and order from her.

Contact Info:

Northern Parts Dept. 1-800-657-0516

Janet......Ext. 8067

Shows no longer available for me.

Screenshot_20210302-094206.png

Horse Newbie
7 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Shows no longer available for me.

That's what I told Janet when I had her on the phone...

I'm pretty sure she ran the part number and verified...you maybe could call her...

WVHillbilly520H

These I believe are the correct armrests for the seat styles I am looking at/for...

https://www.concentricintl.com/product/93120-adjustable-armrests/.  Also looks like Michigan seat "merged" with Milsco seating, and Black Talon from Concentric is another supplier.

Screenshot_20210302-094926.png

Screenshot_20210302-094858.png

WVHillbilly520H
2 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

That's what I told Janet when I had her on the phone...

I'm pretty sure she ran the part number and verified...you maybe could call her...

That's funny I have to "deal" with 2 Janets daily 1 I work with the other I'm married to :text-lol:.

• Haha 3