Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

LandoCommando214
9 minutes ago, pullstart said:

@LandoCommando214 :text-welcomeconfetti: from another Michigan fella.  That machine deserves a resto thread!

I appreciate it! Don't worry, I'll make it proper with a resto thread. Once a few more parts arrive...

• Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti: @LandoCommando214.

Good to see another Michigander!

Nice job on the restoration!

• Like 1

ebinmaine

@LandoCommando214

:text-welcomeconfetti:

My Cinnamon Horse is a 74 C160-8.

Great rigs.

Looking forward to seeing more pics and the whole thread.

No need to wait on starting a thread...

Lots of us do threads while building.

NIIIICE tractor!!

• Like 3

8ntruck

@LandoCommando214

Welcome. Bunch of good folks here on this forum. 

Yup - I'm another Michigander.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Since this thread went the route of catch all horse  BS and general chit chat ... sorry @Ed Kennell.... got some cheap magnetic backing for @Vinylguy's fine fine dealer stickers and made some. Mandatory yer tractor sports one at our plow day. :)

20200513_173627.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Heart 1

adsm08

Last night I did a leak down test, since Saturday it decided not to run, basically at all, ran chocked, kind of, and would backfire if you tried to de-choke.

Leak down was at about 55%, and it seems to all be out the exhaust valve. Time for a valve job I guess.

I also ordered points, condenser, plug, and coil since most of that stuff is either visibly ready for replacement, completely unknown age/brand/quality, or literally stolen off one of my cars.

• Like 4

8ntruck

More seat time today doing winter cleanup.  Mowed the lawn, the lawn at the lake house, and the neighbor's empty kit next door.  Had the sweeper in tow to collect the winter debris.

Added a washer behind the hairpin on the deck lift rod reunion.  Tightened up the joint to keep the bore in the reunion aligned with the lift rod, solving the jamming issue I was having yesterday.

The state put a ban on open burning as part of the Covid abatement program, so I've got 15 or so bushels of mowed over oak leaves in the back corner of the yard.  Also have several cubic yards of oak leaves piled against the west (up wind) side of my chain link fence.  Usually dispose of these by burning.  Not sure what to do with them.  Too many to push into the neighbor's woods behind me.  No good to bag them, as the trash service won't pick them up.  Don't want to start a compost pile that big.  None of the local cities have a place to drop yard waste.  Just going to sit there until the ban gets lifted.  Hopefully, that will happen in the not too distant future.

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

Not sure what to do with them.

I got 10+ acres of forest. You could bring em here.

Might be a bit of a long drive though....

• Haha 1

WHX??

:text-worthless:

Sorry fellas ... you know the rules... :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8ntruck
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

I've got 20 acres of forest in Kentucky.  It's probably closer.

That is a thought, though.  Bag them, pack them in the truck and maybe a U-Haul, and dump them there.  Sounds like a lot of work.  Maybe just rent the U-Haul, pack it with leaves, return it and pay the clean out fee.......

• Haha 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

@8ntruck If you have a tiller grind them up .

• Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH
11 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

I've got 20 acres of forest in Kentucky.  It's probably closer.

That is a thought, though.  Bag them, pack them in the truck and maybe a U-Haul, and dump them there.  Sounds like a lot of work.  Maybe just rent the U-Haul, pack it with leaves, return it and pay the clean out fee.......

Your pretty close to Lansing... maybe take them to the State Capitol Building and dump them on the front lawn...? They seem to have a pretty good protest cleanup system...

:hide:

• Haha 3
  • Heart 1

tom2p
1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@8ntruck If you have a tiller grind them up .

I grind them up with my mower deck    lol

• Haha 1

Tractorhead
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

😂😂😂

hey it‘s enough time now,

fire up the Horse, hang on a Dump cart and have some Fun and take your time.

😎

i have also a place in the Woods where i can and shall dump my gardening trash,

better time as now to dump while have some seattime never come back i guess.

👍

simply enjoy the rides.. even if there are a lot of

😇 :music-rockon:

• Like 1

8ntruck
2 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Your pretty close to Lansing... maybe take them to the State Capitol Building and dump them on the front lawn...? They seem to have a pretty good protest cleanup system...

:hide:

If I remember correctly, there are several fine old oak trees on the Capitol lawn as well.....

No tiller or garden here to till them into.  There are more leaves stacked up than I want to grind into the lawn with my deck.

• Like 1

tom2p
19 minutes ago, Flat Thunder Channel said:

Retro mowing! Can you feel the nostalgia 1964 still working it's way through 2020! Wheelhorse model 704, 1964 vintage cutting and laying the grass down so nice with it's rear discharge deck.  Re-installed the hood so she could shine her true colors.  Unfortunately lost one of the thumb screws along the way.  I guess that star lock washer does hold some merit, oops.  Love the finish this old gal leaves on the lawn and dare I say I actually enjoy mowing the lawn!  :)

IMG_20200513_184855.jpg.6a868c4bd32d4a67befdf9fbe75616ff.jpg

IMG_20200513_182510.jpg.541993dd5480a6535fb2bd354badf4e4.jpgIMG_20200513_182714.jpg.ad72456abcf4ff0d35adc7e2ba8d62a8.jpg

lookin good !

• Like 2

tom2p
1 hour ago, tom2p said:

I grind them up with my mower deck    lol

and some help from the kid with his RC truck 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
13 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

The state put a ban on open burning as part of the Covid abatement program

of course they did...  I haven’t checked my mail this week nor watched the news... must be why that chopper was flying by?

26A2971B-81ED-4E7D-B438-4B6707838A5A.jpeg

515FAB6C-F2EA-416A-9FF4-89E30AFA8756.jpeg

B8EDCE5C-75E4-4362-9113-B238A99448D4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 5

WHX??
9 hours ago, Flat Thunder Channel said:

Unfortunately lost one of the thumb screws along the way.

Did the same thing once to a 604 that @prondzy now has … crap where am I gonna find a replacement with this patina!!! Walking down the drive and just happened to look down and there it was!!!

This is where you throw up a pic of what it looks like now Mike :handgestures-thumbupright:

20180618_184358.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

953 nut
On 5/12/2020 at 10:22 PM, LandoCommando214 said:

I'll make a separate post with more pictures and challenges throughout the whole project, so this just a preview I guess. This is my first restoration, and I can't thank everyone on this forum enough for the help I've received. Thank you to everyone asking questions, and thank you to everyone answering. I can't believe the awesome community I've discovered here, just by picking up an old Wheel Horse rotting away in a barn! I no longer think this will be the first and last of my collection..

:WRS:

Glad to have you with us. The restoration looks like a first class job, looking forward to the build post. You may want to do a proper introduction too.    https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/forum/47-introductions/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

tom2p
10 hours ago, Flat Thunder Channel said:

Unfortunately lost one of the thumb screws along the way.  I guess that star lock washer does hold some merit, oops.  

IMG_20200513_184855.jpg.6a868c4bd32d4a67befdf9fbe75616ff.jpg

IMG_20200513_182510.jpg.541993dd5480a6535fb2bd354badf4e4.jpgIMG_20200513_182714.jpg.ad72456abcf4ff0d35adc7e2ba8d62a8.jpg

our 704 has pan or round head screws - instead of thumb screws 

been that way since we got it in the mid 70's 

possible the original owner lost them and used screws 

you really got me itching to get the 704 out and running again ... fav tractor ... have not used it since late 90's

CA91D535-6057-4888-A96B-727B0CDC5BAF.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

prondzy
4 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Did the same thing once to a 604 that @prondzy now has … crap where am I gonna find a replacement with this patina!!! Walking down the drive and just happened to look down and there it was!!!

This is where you throw up a pic of what it looks like now Mike :handgestures-thumbupright:

20180618_184358.jpg

20191012_154236.jpg

• Excellent 5
  • Heart 1

PeacemakerJack
5 hours ago, tom2p said:

...you really got me itching to get the 704 out and running again ... fav tractor ... have not used it since late 90's...

:text-yeahthat::eusa-clap:

Do it, do it, do it—

Time to let that :wh: stretch it’s legs.  I can’t remember what you use for a mower now but how fun would it be to occasionally get out the 704 just to give the neighbors something to talk about:music-rockout:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1