Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

TonyToro
12 hours ago, pullstart said:

I’d say it’s more mellow than one might think, but still sounds good.  I put the baffle of a 750 Honda Shadow in it too.

Awesome! Sounds really cool! My son is dying for a flapper and now saw this and he is hooked!

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Pullstart
17 minutes ago, TonyToro said:

Awesome! Sounds really cool! My son is dying for a flapper and now saw this and he is hooked!

I welded a pipe hung into the bottom of the Cherry Bomb, but it’s so rusted in there it’ll never come apart anyways.

• Like 1

mels

Pulled a new fuel line through from tank to carb on the '314 we use for mowing.  Brand new fuel pump (ouch expensive) and a filter in-line just below the pump.  Adjusted carbie and back in business, got the mowing done before three days of rain coming.

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack

We are working on an engine transplant (more about that in the restorations thread) for Zach’s Blackbeard (GT-14).  We should have the engine out tonight but I need some recommendations on the easiest way to remove the Electric PTO from his existing engine without damaging it...

30C3C826-EAC4-45B8-B365-598819D6FBD6.jpeg.72d97b78fdc94fe6c42aec819c26c429.jpeg

We have the mounting bolt out but I want to be sure not to wreck the pulleys or the clutch in the removal process.  Zach is so excited to get his tractor running that he can hardly stand it!  Just ask Richie, he got to speak with him last night for a little while we were in the shop together!

• Excellent 7
  • Heart 1

pfrederi
3 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

We are working on an engine transplant (more about that in the restorations thread) for Zach’s Blackbeard (GT-14).  We should have the engine out tonight but I need some recommendations on the easiest way to remove the Electric PTO from his existing engine without damaging it...

30C3C826-EAC4-45B8-B365-598819D6FBD6.jpeg.72d97b78fdc94fe6c42aec819c26c429.jpeg

We have the mounting bolt out but I want to be sure not to wreck the pulleys or the clutch in the removal process.  Zach is so excited to get his tractor running that he can hardly stand it!  Just ask Richie, he got to speak with him last night for a little while we were in the shop together!

DO NOT pull it you will ruin it.  It is pushed off with a bolt you thread in after you remove the 7/16" bolt you can see in your picture.  The pusher bolt depends on age of the PTO. 5/8" or 7/8 or 1" There are TSBs on Electric PTO in the manual section.  Also see my thread about electric PTOs

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 2

Burnerman

Got my 8 spd back together and getting her ready for plowing. 

9925EA4E-2AAA-42B4-9F4C-107EED79453F.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

PeacemakerJack

:WRS: nice looking Horse right there!!! Are you talking furrow plowing or blade plowing snow or gravel?  By the look of those awesome AG tires, I would say you are getting ready to furrow plow.  Tell us a little more about yourself and your tractor.  Where are you going to plow? I’m always interested when someone mentions “plowing” or as @Stormin says, “ploughing”!  Whatever you call it—I’m addicted😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stormin

I found the modified exhaust on the C-125, was sending exhaust fumes towards my face. So yesterday it got modified. Should be OK now.

P1030008.JPG.af893a3c5102d1bc0edff0c12aae08b7.JPG

P1030009.JPG.b2314328f61a4ded3ae40469213b54ca.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Burnerman
6 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

:WRS: nice looking Horse right there!!! Are you talking furrow plowing or blade plowing snow or gravel?  By the look of those awesome AG tires, I would say you are getting ready to furrow plow.  Tell us a little more about yourself and your tractor.  Where are you going to plow? I’m always interested when someone mentions “plowing” or as @Stormin says, “ploughing”!  Whatever you call it—I’m addicted😂

Thank you! It’s for pushing snow and dirt. I have a 48” plow for the front. I don’t have a big enough plot for a furrow plow. I can use the Troy bilt Horse tiller for the garden and even that’s too big! Lol

I live in the hills in the top of NJ and Wheelhorse attachments are hard to find. I got the tractor with it’s original 42” rear discharge deck for free 15 or so years ago. I refurbished it back then and mowed with it until the deck got to thin around the main spindle. Over the years I’ve gathered any attachments I could find local. 

It sat for 3 years because of water in the trans fluid and no time to tear into it. I just got the trans all cleaned out and a new bearing and seals. It’s getting another coat of paint and new tires for pushing and pulling. Those rear ag tires are old USA made Carlisles that have so much dry rot it’s amazing they hold air!

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

Thanks @Burnerman for the informative post!  Whether is plowing, blowing, cutting, blading, etc :wh:‘s are up to the task.  I’m so glad that you rescued that one and are finally ready to put it to work.  I’m looking forward to seeing more pictures of it in action.  

Have fun perusing the site and getting to know the gang.  This is the most helpful and informative Wheel horse site on the planet—with lots of great guys and some:occasion-clown:! Have fun getting to know us as we get to know you...👍🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

@Burnerman :text-welcomeconfetti:  I’m usually more of the Bozo that @PeacemakerJack mentioned, but have a good idea once in a while.  Nice tractor!  C series I think?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

bo dawg
On 8/1/2019 at 7:46 PM, mhlmeader said:

I bought back this tractor I sold about a month ago, and installed a nice deck I picked up!! Woot!!

20190801_193727.jpg

20190801_193738.jpg

What did you use to color in the horse head and lines on the hub caps? Paint markers?

mhlmeader
Just now, bo dawg said:

What did you use to color in the horse head and lines on the hub caps? Paint markers?

The previous previous owner fixed it all up. So I don't know

• Like 1

Mikey the Monkey

I was able to set my newly acquired k321 from @JaysHorse into a commando 8 roller I had sitting around. Really like how it looks. 

KIMG0435.jpg

Edited by Mikey the Monkey
Add pic
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 2

Stormin

The C-125 has been a bit erratic on idle.Just wouldn't run right ever since I rebuilt the engine. .  Reset the points the other day and got a slight improvement. Yesterday I checked the valve clearances and the exhaust was a tad tight. Reset that and then fitted a reconditioned carb.

Fired up the engine and got it warmed up and adjusted the mixtures. Idle and main. At first it would idle for a while then gradually die. Bit by bit I increased the idle mixture and now it runs fairly nicely.

I did find a slight oil leak from the tappet cover. Though the original gasket was undamaged, I decided to make a new one from some cork sheet I have. Thicker than the original. About two to three times thicker.

Now I think it maybe too thick. Oil is now weeping out of the vent in the cover after running for a while. Yes! It is at the top. So I'm wondering if the extra thickness of the gasket, is preventing the reed valve inside the breather from working properly.

Tomorrow I'll remove it and refit the original gasket which I've cleaned up and see what happens.

Just had a look in the manuals and I suspect I've got the baffle the wrong way round. That's what I'm hoping anyway. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Edited by Stormin

Stormin

Removed the breather today sure enough I'd assembled it wrongly. Filter behind the baffle and baffle the wrong way round. :rolleyes: Don't ask me how. Just goes to show how methodical and how many times you've done something, you can still make mistakes. It's still got the cork gasket I made but now no leaks.

While I was at it I made a new gasket, not cork, for the fuel pump. That also had a slight weep. That also is ok now.

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Lee1977

I got the new tie rods installed and took it for a trip around the property. looks like I need to adjust that one just a bit. They are not installed the way Wheel  Horse did it. I went to the back side of the triangle plate.

I don't have enough room with the heims joints. What I have found out is that this way the inside wheel turns tighter this way then the outside wheel.

SAM-1012.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

TonyToro

Getting ready to diagnose a no start issue with my sons Raider 12. It has always had to crank over a few times before starting but now it just cranks and doesn’t start. We need to get it running for the next pull Sept 7th. Anyone want to come over?? 

5E5185E9-8F92-4174-8445-FC36C082589B.jpeg

posifour11

Don't know how I missed it, but my "ATV" tractor had water in the transmission. I usually check them out as soon as I get them. I guess I missed it and just put it to work. 

Drained, Thursday, flushed twice yesterday and filled with good stuff today. Installed a new shifter boot. 

Now, it goes back to work. 😀

• Like 3

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, posifour11 said:

Don't know how I missed it, but my "ATV" tractor had water in the transmission. I usually check them out as soon as I get them. I guess I missed it and just put it to work. 

Drained, Thursday, flushed twice yesterday and filled with good stuff today. Installed a new shifter boot. 

Now, it goes back to work. 😀

What is this ATV tractor?

• Like 1

posifour11
20 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

What is this ATV tractor?

Just my woods tractor. I use it for about everything. Pulling small stumps, checking game camera, anything requiring the trailer. It has a receiver hitch from @smoreau and goes anywhere. 

It's next to the woods GMC Jimmy. I use that for more strenuous stuff. The tranny in it quit shifting above second gear, so it became a farm vehicle with AC. 😉

20190810_124903.jpg

20190810_124910.jpg

Edited by posifour11
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

953 nut
14 minutes ago, posifour11 said:

woods tractor.

Meed to put a belt guard on that :wh: woods tractor.   Lot less gear grinding then.

• Like 1

posifour11
23 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Meed to put a belt guard on that :wh: woods tractor.   Lot less gear grinding then.

I agree. I took it off to replace the belt and just never put it back on. No grinding, though. Still need to do it for the sake of my shoes. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, posifour11 said:

receiver hitch from @smoreau

@smoreau

Could you pm me with details about these hitches?

Thanks...