Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Tractor boy

@Lane Ranger it does clear the foot rest. Problem i have is after like a dozen angle adjustments the bolt that mounts the handle to the frame falls off. Was thinking that i bolt the bolt to the frame then slip the handle on, then a nylock nut. Not sure yet. Thanks for the pics though. 

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

You use a new bolt and a lock washer behind with nut to solve that problem.

Tractor boy

The bolt isnt the problem. The nut wiggles it’s self off the stud 

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Tractor boy said:

The bolt isnt the problem. The nut wiggles it’s self off the stud 

I had a similar problem to you. I got a slightly longer bolt and used two nuts to lock themselves to each other. Lock nut would also work perfectly fine but I found that a Nyloc did not hold up very well so you should use a pinch type locknut if that's the route you go.

Goldann520

Alright now I'm super aggravated.  Got a nice clean sheave on trans, still throwing the belt.has a curve top side high from engine pulley to idler. Is the engine adjustable where blocks bolt to frame? Everything seems square enough ????? Will access to a service manual tell me this? This is why I don't like belt drive tractors.

20190611_155629.jpg

20190611_155645.jpg

20190611_155700.jpg

20190611_160746.jpg

Edited by Goldann520
  • Sad 1

pfrederi
31 minutes ago, Goldann520 said:

Alright now I'm super aggravated.  Got a nice clean sheave on trans, still throwing the belt.has a curve top side high from engine pulley to idler. Is the engine adjustable where blocks bolt to frame? Everything seems square enough ????? Will access to a service manual tell me this? This is why I don't like belt drive tractors.

20190611_155629.jpg

20190611_155645.jpg

20190611_155700.jpg

20190611_160746.jpg

31 minutes ago, Goldann520 said:

20190611_155629.jpg

20190611_155645.jpg

20190611_155700.jpg

20190611_160746.jpg

See my response to your other posting.  You don't move the engine usually but you can move the pulley in or out as needed.

953 nut

The idler on my hydros has a shoulder on the inboard side that is about 3/8" wide to space the idler out to align with the belt.

ebinmaine

@Goldann520 I'm with @pfrederi Paul and @953 nut Richard on this one. I think you need a spacer behind your idler pulley.

Another thing to keep in mind is that I have had several belts in the past that once thrown off develop a pattern and will not ever stay where they're supposed to again... hopefully that belt is still straight even though there is a groove line in it.

• Like 2

Goldann520
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

The idler on my hydros has a shoulder on the inboard side that is about 3/8" wide to space the idler out to align with the belt.

Ya mine has the transmission disconnect that a spacer goes in a slot. Also has a 5/16 valve to hand push. Hmmmmm

Ed Kennell

I have this 417 with a 48" SD that I was thinking of listing on the big show sale post.    But after charging the battery and mowing with it,  the sound of that KT17 grew on me.

So I decided to fix the left rear corner of the deck where it rusted thru.   This might become my go to mower.     Now, what to do with the C-120, 312A, and 312H?

102_0002.JPG.a9215a319f405e8b0aff19a9f52ed71d.JPG102_0003.JPG.55916638e5a6333486b6f4e3c5607945.JPG102_0004.JPG.330fa2be17349103cbc2e20985678cea.JPG

All comments on my welding skills will be ignored.      This is functional,  I use Bondo to make it purty.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

953 nut
14 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

417 with a 48" SD

That wasn't a SD,     :eusa-think:           looks like a TD (top discharge)!       :ychain:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

WHX??
24 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Now, what to do with the C-120, 312A, and 312H?

Maybe I just best come get them! 

Gave some girls a bath and ready to load them for a show this weekend! :greetings-clappingyellow:

For a minute I thought they was Cubs with all the pine pollen on them!

20190611_192345.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

WHX??

Problem was they was all havin a pow wow about who gets to go! 

20190601_182738.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

comments on my welding skills

Looks good from my house.:handgestures-thumbupright:

At least you have the functionality there.

You get too awful tired of looking at the C120 just throw it in the truck and bring it right up to Maine. I'll "tractor-sit" it for ya.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

mhlmeader

I got a new battery, oil, and ordered a fuel pump repair kit for my 701.....

20190612_190208.jpg

20190612_190225.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

Andy N.

Took the tiller off the 312-8, put the deck back on and got the rest of the heard out for some sun!

IMG_0205.JPG

Edited by Andy N.
  • Like 4

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, Andy N. said:

Took the tiller off the 312-8, put the deck back on and got the rest of the heard out for some sun!

IMG_0205.JPG

Nice little garden plot you got goin...

• Like 1

adsm08

First I mowed, then I replaced the spark plug wire, then pulled a "Couldn't do that again" then I mowed some more, washed, and waxed.

Mowed my yard, using up the last of my high test, still ethanol, fuel, knew I was about out, so I ran and got some E0 before I started on the neighbor's yard. I knew I was gonna run out over there, so I unloaded my gas can at their house and left it on the car port. I rounded the garage into the driveway, she sputtered a bit, I pulled onto the carport next to my gas can, and she died because the gas was gone.

mle6NNV.jpg

A47A2k2.jpg

Fw59bYK.jpg

Ea1d486.jpg

qhw9KfP.jpg

Took the deck off too. A happyish confluence of events just happened to have my in-laws' pressure washer was here just about the same time I need to take the deck apart again to do the cross-shaft bearings.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
18 minutes ago, adsm08 said:

a "Couldn't do that again" 

Well played sir

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Bertie

Small thing but happy with the rear lights working again, tuned out it was just a simple dodgy connection 👍

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Goldann520

Mounted a "new" seat for the bomb today I found in a guys garage while picking up a spiker/seeder, jd. It was so dirty I didn't notice it was dark grey, not black.😁. Priced 4 new engine isolators for this never ending belt throwing issue.  WOW 147.50!!!!!. Continued on my dad's 417a wire harness fiasco.

20190615_182442.jpg

20190615_183112.jpg

ebinmaine
40 minutes ago, Goldann520 said:

Priced 4 new engine isolators for this never ending belt throwing issue.  WOW

Something tells me the issue isn't entirely bad isolators but they would be available used from someone. Best bet if possible would be to eliminate the shaker plate.

Have you checked the pulleys for alignment yet?

• Excellent 1

Goldann520
9 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Something tells me the issue isn't entirely bad isolators but they would be available used from someone. Best bet if possible would be to eliminate the shaker plate.

Have you checked the pulleys for alignment yet?

Ya, to the best of my ability. From the engine to the idler since day one it gets a twist in it high side away from me, and off it comes. I have a lot longer thinner belt that rides down in the pulleys a ways, and that will stay on a while.

adsm08
2 hours ago, Goldann520 said:

Ya, to the best of my ability. From the engine to the idler since day one it gets a twist in it high side away from me, and off it comes. I have a lot longer thinner belt that rides down in the pulleys a ways, and that will stay on a while.

Get a laser level and align it so it crosses right at the edge of a pulley, and touches the whole thing across it's width. Then see if it hits the other pulley that belt runs on. If it doesn't, you are out of alignment.