Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

cleat

The bracket under the cam plate has two studs welded to it.

Unfortunately yours is missing one.

You could really use this bracket and the tension washers.

I have lots of tension washers due to converting to foot control but I don't have the bracket.

711365831_Cleanedandpaintedcontrolplate.JPG.a18e1a3a5162e0dcfa85b462ac0674c9.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ML3

Took rat rod on 1st big shake down ride around neighborhood.  Made it back without any issues. 

20240409_190852.jpg

20240409_190810.jpg

20240409_190832.jpg

20240409_190815.jpg

20240409_190823.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 7
  • Heart 1

OutdoorEnvy

Well I was working the garden with the 312-8 plowing, etc. and then in between breaks it would not start.  Dead, no clicking solenoid, nothing.  Quick look and didn't see anything obvious so just jumped it from solenoid to finish the day out.  Got to poking around on it today.  The solenoid tested fine.  Determined the start signal wire to the solenoid was not getting the 12v.  So onto the switch...it was fine but cleaned it up while I was in there.  Started tracing back the signal wire, mine was black with 2 purple lines, and came to the issue!  Either while switching from Hi to Lo range, or working the brake the wire pulled off terminal at the PTO Safety switch.  The other terminal was bent and nearly broke off.  So I replaced that one and rerouted the wires to be less in the way of the shifting and brake lever bar.  Still seems really tight but is better then it was and all connectors were holding tight.   I'll know where to look if it happens again but can't complain about a free electrical repair that took less than an hour.  They can be annoying but patience and just following one wire at a time usually gets you there.  So the 312 is back to normal starting and I can sleep again...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5

Sparky

Removing all the weights except the rear inner weights…in preparation for a few mowings this year. 
  Good time to check the rear hub set screws since they are a bit tough to service with the inner weights on. 

IMG_2554.jpeg

IMG_2555.jpeg

IMG_2556.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5

Sparky

And of course, this is almost always a part of wrenching :lol:

IMG_2558.jpeg

IMG_2560.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 3

OutdoorEnvy
Posted (edited)

Yeah if I'm not bleeding from a project I feel like I missed a step or didn't do it right :dunno:

Edited by OutdoorEnvy
  • Haha 8

kpinnc
6 minutes ago, OutdoorEnvy said:

Yeah if I'm not bleeding from a project I feel like I missed a step or didn't do it right

Sadly, this is true for me as well. 

• Like 2

ebinmaine
17 minutes ago, OutdoorEnvy said:

Yeah if I'm not bleeding from a project I feel like I missed a step or didn't do it right :dunno:

9 minutes ago, kpinnc said:

Sadly, this is true for me as well. 

:ROTF:

BBT too

• Haha 2

Evguy
8 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

:ROTF:

BBT too

I’m still healing from a tire swap gone wrong, slipped tire tool got me

• Like 1

Sparky

Now to stress test my Harbor Freight handtruck … had to add some wind to the tires :lol:

IMG_2567.jpeg

IMG_2566.jpeg

• Like 8

peter lena

@paulyv56   aerosol  lubricating my finishes for years , very easy and so improving . like a 2 step , first penetrating oil , then regular , wipe down after recovery , have also used , penetrating oil as a paint  recovery , then  a cleaner wax , on a palm buffer , either way   the paint comes out , and stays , looking good . pete   

• Like 2

peter lena

@kpinnc, nice looking unit ! well kept ! love that twin , stay at it , pete 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Evguy said:

I’m still healing from a tire swap gone wrong, slipped tire tool got me

I've gotten into several "discussions" with longish iron stuff over the years. 

My father is left handed. My mother is right handed. 

I write with my right hand. 

I cast a fishing rod with my right hand and reel with my left. 

I shoot archery right handed. 

A gun however is definitely left handed. 

I cannot switch the two. 

On the rare occasion I've played softball or baseball I bat right handed, and poorly. I had to be taught that if right handed one uses the left to catch with a glove. The was... odd. 

I can however switch hands to use many tools. 

I tell you all that to tell you this: 

Because my ridiculous brain sometimes can't decide which hand to use I do things bassackwards. 

I tried holding a crowbar with my left while swinging a small sledgehammer with my right. ... while having my arms basically crossed in front of the smash area. 

BBT says, do we think that's a good idea??

I later learned .. no. No it was not a good idea. 

On the plus side I had the wherewithal to laugh at just how ... not bright... that whole move was. 

• Like 4

Ed Kennell
12 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I write with my right hand.                                                write   left hand  even after several years of knuckle cracking by ruler wielding teachers that insisted I use my right hand

I cast a fishing rod with my right hand and reel with my left.    cast left hand    reel right hand

I shoot archery right handed.              left hand.

A gun however is definitely left handed.   left hand     also right eye dominate that mandates optics to shoot

I cannot switch the two.   no switch

On the rare occasion I've played softball or baseball I bat right handed, and poorly. I had to be taught that if right handed one uses the left to catch with a glove. The was... odd. 

bat right   only                                                                                                                right to catch and left to throw only

I can however switch hands to use many tools.    left only  is good for loosening screws and jar lids

Because my ridiculous brain sometimes can't decide which hand to use I do things bassackwards.      biggest problems are entering exit doors and using scissors with the left hand

I tried holding a crowbar with my left while swinging a small sledgehammer with my right. ... while having my arms basically crossed in front of the smash area. 

I later learned .. no. No it was not a good idea.                          often shake hands with the left,   but then this is proper for Boy Scouts

On the plus side I had the wherewithal to laugh at just how ... not bright... that whole move was. 

Right is often wrong and left is sometimes right.     :confusion-seeingstars:    :confusion-shrug::huh:                     

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Right is often wrong and left is sometimes right.     :confusion-seeingstars:    :confusion-shrug::huh:                     

Sounds like you and I are on equal but opposite paths!!

• Haha 1

squonk
57 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I write with my right hand. 

I cast a fishing rod with my right hand and reel with my left. 

I shoot archery right handed. 

A gun however is definitely left handed. 

I cannot switch the two. 

I can however switch hands to use many tools. 

Because my ridiculous brain sometimes can't decide which hand to use I do things bassackwards. 

I later learned .. no. No it was not a good idea. 

Write right handed. 

Throw & Bat baseball left handed

Golf: long shots left, short shots and putt right

Hockey both right and left

Bowl both hands. Have shot 2 balls at once a few times! :)

horseshoes both

Basket ball both

Football left

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

ranger

I’m left handed? I write with my left hand, but everything else I can use either hand? Welding, painting, mainly r/h, but no problem using either? Projects, designs etc, I can visualise the end result in my mind’s eye. I can lay in a hot bath and come up with a ‘design’ for something, and can ‘see’ the finished article, and how I would make it, without making any drawings or plans. I read somewhere that left handed people have this ability? (Curse?).

• Like 2

Beap52
1 hour ago, ranger said:

Projects, designs etc, I can visualise the end result in my mind’s eye. I can lay in a hot bath and come up with a ‘design’ for something, and can ‘see’ the finished article, and how I would make it, without making any drawings or plans. I read somewhere that left handed people have this ability? (Curse?).

I know what you mean.  I can build a room addition onto a house in my mind and pretty much have a days work laid out before I start.  My helper never could visualize in his mind what I was talking about or doing.  Once the project was done, he'd say "Oh, it's done but I don't know how it came together." 

I write with my right (porbably beat into submission by some well meaning teacher).  Eat with my left. Could never play base ball as then only gloves available went onto my throwing hand so removing a glove to throw a ball resulted in my not being first round choice in our small town games. I believe I would have been more successful playing the banjo if I had a left handed one.  I can drive a nail equally well with either hand. Even to this day giving me instructions using right or left causes me to stop and think "Eat with my left and write with my right." 

8ntruck
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Sparky said:

And of course, this is almost always a part of wrenching :lol:

IMG_2558.jpeg

IMG_2560.jpeg

One of the other teams at the robotics competition we attended last weekend had a white board with their question of the day - "What is your robot's name and what is its favorite food?"  I wrote our answer - Axl, and his favorite food is knuckles.

@ebinmaine - your comment on shooting makes it sound like you are left eyed.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

DevonianHorse
image_50736385

Using the Horse to haul some logs with my Dad today for his log burner :)

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5
  • Heart 1

kpinnc
3 hours ago, WHGuy413 said:

Both with 18hp vanguard v twins

Gotta love them Vanguards! :thumbs:

• Like 2
  • Heart 1