Jump to content
Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Recommended Posts

Lee1977

You have it looking good!  I work on my driveway last week, and again on Monday. trying to keep the grass from taking it over,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
kpinnc
5 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

You have it looking good!  I work on my driveway last week, and again on Monday. trying to keep the grass from taking it over,

 

Great to hear from you Don! It's been crazy here but we are beginning to settle into the new normal. I hope to be able to tinker in the next couple months so you'll have to come by once we get a little more construction done. :thumbs:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
rjg854
4 hours ago, Racinbob said:

The boss found this blade on FB

I trust you got the other pieces that complete that plow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
peter lena

@Racinbob  those plow blade set ups really come to life with, plow quadrant . linkage detailing , spindle bolts , flat washers , lube and lok nuts , let you dial in , perfect motion setting . many years on mine . build up on jack stands , roller stool around , so you can , VERIFY ,SMOOTH EASY  FUNCTION . then install it on tractor , similar  improvements on , pto lever set up , and mule  drive function , again  years in use , no  problems at all , pete   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Racinbob
1 hour ago, rjg854 said:

I trust you got the other pieces that complete that plow.

 

I had already taken a couple things off it. If you look closely you'll see the lever to release the angle pin hanging on the lift hole. :rolleyes: He had four blades and it was my choice with the weights. He didn't have any axle brackets. 

Edited by Racinbob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
sqrlgtr

New drag link on 701 and made a little weight bracket out of a old repurposed mule drive. Its on the C160 but can use it on any tractor with mule drive hitch up front. Hood has about 1/2” clearance when fully tilted open.

EF262F80-7CE7-4885-9CEB-EC6108955040.jpeg

3BADB0AC-F154-4A99-8865-BB494761CE18.jpeg

4ABD83F5-4589-4F44-9959-081E1E19DC41.jpeg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
Handy Don
1 hour ago, sqrlgtr said:

4ABD83F5-4589-4F44-9959-081E1E19DC41.jpeg

I'd want some handles or a lifting eye for moving that big fella around! :rolleyes:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
sqrlgtr
39 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

I'd want some handles or a lifting eye for moving that big fella around! :rolleyes:

its actually several weights and hard to see but has individual handles in them, but you may have been pulling my chain.:ychain:

  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Bar Nuthin

Got a few things accomplished on the 754 today. The governor spring finally showed up and I got it on. Installed new bearings in the front wheels. 

Replaced the idler pulley for the mower deck, only to realize the oil pan is on backwards! The drain pipe is coming out of the RH side and interferes with the idler pulley! :blink:

Waiting on Lowell to get some of the seals I need back in stock before I go after the leaks (input, brake shaft, both axle seals)

EDIT: (almost forgot) Shortly after this video I went full on @peter lena and hosed the entire thing down with PB Blaster!

But she is definitely drivable now!!!

 

 

Edited by Bar Nuthin
almost forgot
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ebinmaine
8 hours ago, Bar Nuthin said:

Waiting on Lowell to get some of the seals I need back in stock before I go after the leaks (input, brake shaft, both axle seals)

 

 

I believe those are easily obtainable from local sources using the numbers in the transmission chart

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Retired Wrencher
12 hours ago, Sparky said:

  Prepping some wheels I picked up from @Retired Wrencher for this winters plow tractor. Kinda neat that they were made by Firestone. Just grey primer went on tonight. 

   I’ve had these never mounted Carlisle All-Trails on the shelf for a few years, will be nice to put em to work!

IMG_9148.jpeg

 

IMG_9300.jpeg

 

IMG_9301.jpeg

 

IMG_9307.jpeg

 

IMG_9310.jpeg

 

IMG_9311.jpeg

 

Wow Mike nice job on re pant the rims. Is this the final color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Sparky
29 minutes ago, Retired Wrencher said:

Wow Mike nice job on re pant the rims. Is this the final color.

 No, it’s just the primer, although I do really like the grey! 

  Going with Cottage White (linen beige) as the final color. Hoping to get a first coat on tonight 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Retired Wrencher

That will work. What are you using these for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Sparky
25 minutes ago, Retired Wrencher said:

That will work. What are you using these for?

 New rear tires for this winters plow rig. I posted a picture above of the tires I’ll be using 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...