Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

LengerichKA88
21 minutes ago, Redman2018 said:

Good afternoon, new guy on this site. Hey just wanted to thank people who posted charging system issues on 520 H. I was removing snow this morning and voltmeter was reading 18 volts, well needless to say good by headlights, and read where voltage regulator may have to be grounded to get it to function properly, well put a ground wire from engine ti battery , hi five , we are back at 13.5 volts, thanks to all the sly,smart, people who know wheelhorse, I have owned since 1984. Tractors in Poseidon are 4-16 8 and 520 H , both were really given up on, both seem to perform well. Thanks to everyone, Reman 2019.

Welcome to Red Square! 

• Like 1

Redman2018

520 h is going to move snow again today, got info from here yesterday on fixing charging system, Thank You All very much. Mi. Is getting another 6 to 10 inches about what I did yesterday, all snowblowers and pushers out there be safe, stay warm , watch for crazy drivers. Redman2018

peter lena

lee 1977, great coverage and ideas on that, my similar approach is to use the original idea and  upgrade it or modify it with improvement. without a doubt your horse is better for it. these ideas and improvements, (  its ok to make them ) often eliminate a nagging issue.  timo4352, thank you for the lighting upgrade, I will check into that. good feedback on this issue , makes this site what it is, thank you for all involved, Pete

PeacemakerJack

We received a “nice” round of the white stuff yesterday here in east central WI.  About 10” in our area fell over a 12 hour period but what really enhanced the experience was the windy conditions throughout the day...

E5B666A9-6341-4402-B4FA-157A0F690B03.jpeg.9271cecaf48b6cb1e0f733127691cbe9.jpeg

this caused some pretty decent snow drifts in my driveway.  The wind was blowing about 20-30mph out of the NE.  So, this gave my south facing garage door a 22” snow drift!

7F769CC5-4D78-46C4-BF98-E77603E56AF7.jpeg.13c60a3e0299cbebfaba817e97d3c0b0.jpeg

The wind also whipped in and around the trucks and stacked up a 26” drift there...

6C9A976A-4F31-4CEB-BC28-A2AA9B82CDB0.jpeg.913b08cc7a52617d6685c551acc9377c.jpeg

CBAF9D67-4A2D-4B3E-8FE8-E52303B13666.jpeg.9c4c16a8185d2b3e02630f8ee0b76e20.jpeg

B7D7F804-AC79-4F06-9887-87CEB0BCF721.jpeg.daaec6a1fac6e0a53e7b7d213113f5aa.jpeg

The conditions couldn’t have been more perfect for snow though because it was about 15 degrees actual air temp and the snow was just like powdered sugar, light and dusty! Caleb took the following video from our front porch, the wind was blowing over the roof of the house but the vacuum caused by the house windblock created such a downdraft that as I get closer it was sucking the blown snow right on him as you hear him exclaim right at the end of the video...sorry Caleb!  The deuce and diesel worked great to move the snow...

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

PeacemakerJack

Caleb took a second video with the video camera after my phone battery died.  This one started well but also ended rough when I came across that vacuum in front of the house.  Notice that I snap down my face shield just before Caleb decided that he had enough of that nonsense!  Looks like I need to get a cab...

That deuce was throwing that powder up and the wind was catching it and spreading it all across the front yard.  Not a real definitive rooster tail with it being so light but it was doing the job well, when it wasn’t blowing back in my face!

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

WVHillbilly520H

@PeacemakerJack, definitely CAB time, as I get older my cab really makes a difference blowing snow.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell
5 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

@PeacemakerJack, definitely CAB time, as I get older mtvcab really makes a difference blowing snow.

Older and smarter.

Never leave home without it.

IMG_3948.JPG.59a7348e6b9d4a9b6b031af6c8bae937.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1

953 nut

Well, I got a little seat time today. The weather forecast called for snow this morning and I moved the 418-C with snow plow up to the house around 11:00 am when it started,  :woohoo:  by noon the sun came out and what snow we received had already melted so I will get a little more seat time taking it back to the shop.         :crying-yellow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

PeacemakerJack

Maybe next time Richard! Sorry you didn’t get to move any of the white stuff this time but at least it gave you an excuse to drive your “C” around!

19richie66

Well I adopted one.👍 We welcome to the family a 522xi with mowing deck. Made a deal and went and picked it up today. Going to give it  a nice home and plenty of red friends.

B3C093A7-A806-4616-8325-79580C0ABA01.jpeg

77235680-F2B5-48D5-A55F-0521E1EF9A30.jpeg

2EC2AA3B-7AB1-4E64-9657-325E134B23E1.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 7

ztnoo
10 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

"slightly rotten" lower pivot pin

That has to be the understatement of the month!!!

umm.gif.7a3516389fe7f58ec6a021e906bc81c7.gif :unsure::wacko::o:rolleyes::laughing-rolling:

• Haha 1

19richie66
11 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

umm.gif.7a3516389fe7f58ec6a021e906bc81c7.gif :unsure::wacko::o:rolleyes::laughing-rolling:

More like “slightly a pivot pin” :laughing-rolling:

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

ztnoo
42 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Well I adopted one.

Richie, I'm convinced you are incurably addicted now with this newest purchase.........facepalm.gif.6f14e3665d7206277ca3e478cdd6ec86.gif

:ychain:

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
28 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

I thought some of you might get a kick out of that.

Just for the record, that was a one piece pin until I hit it with a hammer to remove it.

So obviously it was working perfectly. You know. Sort of.

• Haha 3

19richie66
39 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

Richie, I'm convinced you are incurably addicted now with this newest purchase.........facepalm.gif.6f14e3665d7206277ca3e478cdd6ec86.gif

:ychain:

Fell off the wagon again:confusion-shrug:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

Lane Ranger

Richie:  I see you made it to Rodney Burger's     lawnman_56

30441209_966269286882874_446986528348543

lawnman_56

in Lorida.  Florida  today!  

That 522xi is like driving a dozer !   Glad you got it@!

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2

ztnoo
7 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Fell off the wagon again:confusion-shrug:

I feel like a teetotaler among all you WH Red Square bar flies.

I've only have the same tractor for 40 years now, and its 50 years old this year and is my mowing machine.

I could generally care less what it looks like, and as long as it runs and does what I need to do with it.

C'est la vie.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

@ztnoo

It takes all types of persons to build a society.

There are all manner of Wheel Horse aficionados on and off this site every day.

Some of us only have one tractor. Some of us have 100 tractors.

Some of us drive our tractor everyday. Some of us never drive it except to shows.

Some of us have perfect pristine tractors that never see the light of day.

Some of us have only  horses wearing old worn-out work clothing. So to speak.

Some of us have zero wheel horse tractors.

All of us are awesome in our own way. All of us add something to this site in our own way.

I for one have a great appreciation of your extendefide verbationalisms related to tractorology and multitudes of other subjectifacations.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ztnoo
39 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I for one have a great appreciation of your extendefide verbationalisms related to tractorology and multitudes of other subjectifacations.

Thank you very much Eric!

Sincerely, your WH/Red Square world view here is much appreciated.....at least by me.

I do have one question however.

My somewhat meager, and very antiquated Hoosier dictionary of local colloquialisms, does not include your extensive and profound Down East Maine definitions.

Can you refer me to a regional New England reference publication, which would hopefully hone those profound thoughts and postulations in such a way a back woods Hoosier hick might fully grasp and snare them..........mentally, so to speak?

In the mean time, I guess we all should just keep "wrenching" as we see fit.  :flags-usa:

;):ychain::laughing-rolling:  :handgestures-thumbup:

• Haha 3

19richie66
7 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

I do have one question however.

My somewhat meager, and very antiquated Hoosier dictionary of local colloquialisms, does not include your extensive and profound Down East Maine definitions.

Can you refer me to a regional New England reference publication, which would hopefully hone those profound thoughts and postulations in such a way a back woods Hoosier hick might fully grasp and snare them..........mentally, so to speak?

I have a headache after trying to read that. 

• Haha 4

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

Can you refer me to a regional New England reference publication

Hahahahahahahaha !!!!!!!

Aahhhh...... if you need me I'll just be sitting over here in my cellar in front of the beautiful Fisher wood stove laughing very much out loud.....

Well now. Let me mull that one over but I'll start with this.

Everywhere there is a letter "R"... take it out.

Many places but not all, that you see a letter O... You could potentially change it to a letter u.

You could also, out loud at least, be sure to slow down the speed of your speech approximately 30%. That's a little bit more difficult to describe but having been around Boston and around Maine I can tell you that we speak significantly slower up here in the country because we're just not in a rush.

Example here:

Medford. 

This is the name of a town in many different states. You've probably heard of it.

Massachusetts pronunciation, medd-fidd. Be sure to speak this with a fair amount of speed.

Maine pronunciation, medd-fuhd. again, slow down rate of speech approximately 30%.

Oh yes. You could also add the word ayuh after it.

I do definitely remember seeing a list of words defined for Maine and Northern New Hampshire. I'll try to come up with it.

3 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

I have a headache after trying to read that. 

I got this Richie. Let me translate it for you.

"Nawtheast country speekin' list neeedidd"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

953 nut
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Did you attend the Spiro Agnew school of public speaking?   :ROTF: 

For those who don't remember, he was 39th Vice President of the United States and regularly sent journalists scrambling for their dictionaries when he made speeches. One of my all time favorites was, nattering nabobs of negativism. This phrase was used by Vice President Agnew to refer to the members of the media with whom he had a very acrimonious relationship.

• Haha 1

ztnoo
8 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

ayuh

Fully agreed Eric.  "ayuh"!

;)

_________________________________________________________________________________

I suggest Richie, you go back to buying and wrench then.

My statement was only words. Most words don't mean much in the world outside of Red Square.

Lots of hot air, without substance.

Substance made America the best place in the world to be born or have the good fortune to live in.

I'm hoping substance is never considered unmentionable in the world of political correctness..................

ztnoo
6 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

nattering nabobs of negativism.

This phrase was used by Vice President Agnew to refer to the members of the media with whom he had a very acrimonious relationship.

Now THAT, is really classic stuff, especially for those old enough to have heard all of that live on TV.

Back when there were three networks..........

Seems like this term still might might be a relevant discussion topic today, given the morass of Washington.

Just one man's opinion............

• Like 1
  • Haha 2