Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, Thegearhead0324 said:

Probably spending more money than I have or should be on my 1257..... 

I've never done that. 

Today. 

Because I haven't bought any tractor parts yet...

But don't you worry people. I'm headed to the store on the way home.

• Like 1

nylyon
1 hour ago, Sparky said:

I also fixed the free JD cart I got last week…tubed the tire and cleaned up the axle (it sat buried in the dirt for like 3 years!). Hooked it up and took it for a drag! 

My B-80 is not happy right now, and I hope @nylyon doesn’t strip me of my Admin title :lol: ! 

D8E2637B-73B2-4CE0-A181-FE632E53C1B0.jpeg

what the heck Mike? :angry-steamingears:

• Haha 5

squonk

Just fill it with manure!!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, nylyon said:

Mike seems like a decent enough guy and I even convinced him to drink two cups of my 🐻  🤠 coffee last September...

Hopefully you'll be fairly kind to him.  

Thegearhead0324
21 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I've never done that. 

Today. 

Because I haven't bought any tractor parts yet...

But don't you worry people. I'm headed to the store on the way home.

I guess I just have an obsession. Mostly spending money on it because I want to go to the show this year (first time) and bring it with me. And also because its never leaving my side (was my dads.) 

• Excellent 4
  • Heart 3

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Thegearhead0324 said:

I guess I just have an obsession. Mostly spending money on it because I want to go to the show this year (first time) and bring it with me. And also because its never leaving my side (was my dads.) 

That being the case it's a lot easier to justify a "cost No object"  type situation or hobby.

All of our tractors are workers and they do something for us in return for the time and funds and maintenance that we put into them.

I figure as long as I can pay most of the bills some of the time, I'm doing just fine.

• Like 1

Thegearhead0324
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

That being the case it's a lot easier to justify a "cost No object"  type situation or hobby.

All of our tractors are workers and they do something for us in return for the time and funds and maintenance that we put into them.

I figure as long as I can pay most of the bills some of the time, I'm doing just fine.

Thats where I'm at. My hobbies keep me going no matter what the cost. 

• Like 1

19richie66
36 minutes ago, nylyon said:

Horses drag deer through the woods all the time. Completely understandable. 

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Tonytoro416
2 hours ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

you just committed a sin and a crime lol you should know better :ROTF:

Nothing a little regal red can’t take care of

• Like 1

Sparky
29 minutes ago, Tonytoro416 said:

Nothing a little regal red can’t take care of

That’s one idea…I’m also trying to see what the JD enthusiast’s are paying for trailers like this. Might be a nice way to get some funds for whatever WH project I find next

• Like 6

Handy Don
5 hours ago, Sparky said:

41E37656-8457-485F-BFA1-5E1EB87125E1.jpeg

The green appears to know its place :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

GAJoe

Painted the mower deck belt pullies for the spindles.

Finished repacking the newly arrived spindle bearings with Lucas Green and began assembling the spindles.

Edited by GAJoe
added details.
  • Like 4

Stormin

C-125s tappet cover started leaking again. So took the whole thing apart and gave the mating surfaces a good clean. Refitted with new gaskets and joint sealer. Looks OK now after running it most of the afternoon while trying to get it running better.

Had quite a fight until I realised it was flooding a touch. Off with the float bowl which was spotless. Rattled the float a bit and put the bowl back on. That cured the flooding. Maybe a speck of dirt had found it's way past the filters. Still not running as I'd like but much better.

I'll maybe have a fiddle with the points. They're set at 20 thou'. I'll try 18 and see what happens. 

• Like 5

GAJoe

I got the spindles reassembled, pullies and blades back on.

1232824862_Spindlesdone.jpg.c4637cc4a4582c3929713f5e3131ca57.jpg @peter lenaI have no experience / feel for greasing these spindles. I know in HVAC applications  you could easily blow the seals on fan bearings if you pump in too much. I repacked the bearings with Lucas Green. On the top bearing of each spindle I left both seals off so that the grease added would travel through the top bearing cage and go down to the bottom bearing. I left the top seal off of the bottom to allow the grease into that cage. I left the bottom seal in to keep the grease from running out. Will the air displaced by the grease escape easily enough but once the air is out the grease builds pressure rather quickly so that you can feel a sudden resistance to going in knowing to stop pumping?

Edited by GAJoe
correct grammar
  • Like 4

953 nut
7 hours ago, Stormin said:

Still not running as I'd like but much better.

I'll maybe have a fiddle with the points. They're set at 20 thou'. I'll try 18 and see what happens.

If you have access to a timing light that is the best way to check the points adjustment.

• Like 6

kpinnc
On 2/10/2023 at 3:19 PM, ebinmaine said:

That should be on a t-shirt.

...and I'd wear it! :thumbs:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, kpinnc said:

That should be on a t-shirt.

...and I'd wear it! :thumbs:

Trina knows how to get that done on walleeworld for less than 20 bucks each. 

• Like 2

peter lena

@GAJoe  once  you have that green grease in there as your base lubricant , just a simple touch up is enough , never had a  issue  with build up . get some run time on what you have , try it out / test it . thats what I do , verify how it works , that grease should be very quiet and smooth / solid in use . never had a related , problem / failure . you might also add a flat surface 3" idler pulley on the back side of that unsupported belt spot. about middle of pulley contact , just light push forward, to   front of  deck to stop belt bounce . you already have the hole there . just look at opportunities for improvement , in any set up . pete   

• Like 2

D_Mac

So even though we don't have snow yet, I'm still working on my 875 that I use for plowing. This tractor I wanted to hook up a rotating yellow safty light to it. It didn't have a cigarette lighter on it so installed one today. Had to drill a hole just under the dash on the console. Wired it up to the battery. Works and looks great. As @PullstartALWAYS says..... " Safty First !! "

20230212_113940.jpg

20230212_121048.jpg

20230212_121351.jpg

20230212_122204.jpg

20230212_122219.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

squonk
49 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

So even though we don't have snow yet, I'm still working on my 875 that I use for plowing. This tractor I wanted to hook up a rotating yellow safty light to it. It didn't have a cigarette lighter on it so installed one today. Had to drill a hole just under the dash on the console. Wired it up to the battery. Works and looks great. As @PullstartALWAYS says..... " Safty First !! "

20230212_113940.jpg

20230212_121048.jpg

20230212_121351.jpg

20230212_122204.jpg

20230212_122219.jpg

Did you ever fix the running problem or do you like watching that light revolve in the garage like a disco? :teasing-poke:

• Haha 6

D_Mac
1 hour ago, squonk said:

Did you ever fix the running problem or do you like watching that light revolve in the garage like a disco? :teasing-poke:

I think i fixed it but i do like turning my garage into a disco too!!!

I think it was the wire that runs from the points to the coil

• Like 4