Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

WHX??
11 hours ago, Robaroni said:

was in the Navy too and an electronics tech

Mods let's get this man an insignia... :)

• Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

Robaroni
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

I enlisted in the reserves in February of 1963 with the assurance of ET or Radarman school once I went active. Went on active duty a week after graduation from high school. After basic I spent a few months on board an amphibious ship awaiting orders to ET"A" school. September of '63 to June of '64 was spent at Great Lakes for school then on to Charleston SC for the duration. I was on a tender so most of my enlistment was spent docked in the same spot, I was on a ship, we just didn't go to sea very often.

I know;            :text-offtopic:

Alright!

• Like 1

Lee1977

I joined a CT unit in Charlotte NC in 1964, then to Class a ET school at Great Lakes Aprial 1967. Vietnam in Oct. 1967 to Sagon and then to USS Jamestown AGTR 3 a WW  II liberty ship. 

I heard the massage from Pueblo when it came in. I was checking out some single side band radios. Out of 350 they did pick 10 of us old country boys that knew how to shoot .

My Dad was i the Navy in WW II he never left ther states, was a bartender in the offcers club. I guess he was the only one they could trust with the booze and money.

Can't say I loved the Navy, just did my job and got out. Moats and I always volintered for the jobs top side we cleaned the long wire insulators.  We went up the 90 ft forward mast to the cat walk.

on work days It was quite a ride forward and back around 6' to 8' side to side around 60' to 70' the ship was only 40 wide you could look stright down and see nothing but water.

We had a good Caption when I got there everything got done and no hassle. Our duty stations were Antoy a island south of the Vietnam and Cambotian border or near the Sagon river 

The second one was an A-hole with bull crap stuff that didn't make anything better. We weren't importain enough to be visited by any high raking officers  

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Robaroni

Thanks for adding that military emblem to my logo! 

Speaking of what did you do to your tractor I was thinking of making a muffler out of stainless tubing, don't like the sound of that bulb sticking out of my Kohler! Anyone taken the tube muffler apart?

• Like 4

Handy Don
20 hours ago, Robaroni said:

Sorry, I'm going off thread again! 

START THE OTHER THREAD! :lol:  :)  ;)

Robaroni
1 hour ago, Handy Don said:

START THE OTHER THREAD! :lol:  :)  ;)

• Excellent 1

WHX??
1 hour ago, Robaroni said:

Thanks for adding that military emblem to my logo! 

No thank you for serving you earned it. Thank Coach for providing them. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Robaroni
7 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

No thank you for serving you earned it. Thank Coach for providing them. 

Thanks Coach!

• Like 3

953 nut
1 hour ago, Robaroni said:

I was thinking of making a muffler out of stainless tubing, don't like the sound of that bulb sticking out of my Kohler! Anyone taken the tube muffler apart?

A few years ago Dan @Achto did a thread on making a muffler you may find helpful.

• Like 4

Crobson

It's the little things...

Walker 22229 muffler, 1.5" 90° stainless bend. 

I'm not sure if my stock muffler is failing, or what, but this has been a huge help. I've seen a very nice stainless muffler build, but I don't have the  resources to make something that nice.

20221228_170124.jpg

• Like 5

Robaroni
1 hour ago, Crobson said:

It's the little things...

Walker 22229 muffler, 1.5" 90° stainless bend. 

I'm not sure if my stock muffler is failing, or what, but this has been a huge help. I've seen a very nice stainless muffler build, but I don't have the  resources to make something that nice.

20221228_170124.jpg

I love it!

Your solution is the same concept as the architecture of the late 19th Century, guys like Frank Lloyd Wright and Raymond Loewy used it -"form follows function"-.

I hate noise, I had this expensive bench meter from Keysight a few years ago, no little name in test instruments, it cost like $1500 and sometimes it was on all day if I was gathering data. It worked perfectly but had this irritating fan whine and drove me nuts - a short trip! So I went to Keysight and asked if it was just my meter of all that series? They said it's all that series. I sold it, guess what? Apparently I wasn't the only one complaining, I have their new series and it's quiet as a church mouse!

• Like 1

953 nut
8 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

all I did was put some WW

:confusion-shrug:        WW,   Wide Whitewalls;    Weight Watchers;    WW 1;   WW 2      :confusion-helpsos:       Call out the Text-Talk police!        :law-police:

• Haha 7

WHX??

I say we start our own dictionary Richard... NOS, NLA, resto, repo... and of course your fav... ROP... Rite Of Passage... :laughing-rolling: 

Holy crap @953 nut  a big black SUV just pulled into my driveway... :hide:

But your honor... I was just trying to free up some of Coach's server space... you know more speed to break bulbs... whoops... i plead the fifth... :hide:

Edited by WHX??
  • Haha 9

953 nut
17 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

and of course your fav... ROP... Rite Of Passage..

In tractor talk ROP is Roll Over Protection.      roll Bar - Implements and Attachments - RedSquare Wheel Horse Forum

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

WHX??

You obviously Richard have not been involved with my last steering wheel removal evolution. :ychain:

• Haha 3

squonk
51 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Geez Sylvia... that’s tuff act to follow... all I did was put some WW on a 502. Wow ... hope the text talk police don't show up at my door...:hide:

Got these from @cschannuthwhen I picked up the FEL and figured I'd never use them... wrong. Only maybe 20-30 lbs a piece 

20221229_094737.jpg

Simplicity 2 wheel tractor weights. Very common. Find another set. They stack nicely

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
On 12/27/2022 at 6:27 PM, 953 nut said:

A few years ago Dan @Achto did a thread on making a muffler you may find helpful.

How in the HE double hockey sticks do you find them past threads so fast Richard? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

WHX??
25 minutes ago, squonk said:

Simplicity 2 wheel tractor weights. Very common. Find another set. They stack nicely

I can see they might stack Squonk... problem might be is Dan and I have a Simplecity collector in our bunch...  we might go to fisticuffs on them. :)

He told me they are :wh: weights ...I want some $$ back Craig... second thought never mind... i robbed you on the FEL...:ychain:

• Haha 3

Robaroni

I see I'm going to have some real fun here, a lot of you guys have your noses very close to your gas caps!

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 6

AMC RULES

20221229_191854.jpg.f495eb36b0c72d40aa56a2805ebf2381.jpg

20221229_191908.jpg.aa7c24a52d5a1df465720c1d1ac64a4a.jpgCleaned up it's bottom side.

20221229_191337.jpg.513f9fab50bc7e13499ee1c7bd2894c2.jpg

20221229_191619.jpg.17e778176ac31deed77940ea53e028e3.jpg

20221229_140835.jpg.ed7e43d2a68e287c212b27e3e1fb3484.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

Blasterdad
17 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Cleaned up it's bottom side

Looks like it works pretty good, i'll have to give it a try...:thumbs:

ebinmaine
43 minutes ago, Robaroni said:

I see I'm going to have some real fun here, a lot of you guys have your noses very close to your gas caps!

Oh man.  

@JCM has a pic of me "pressurizing". 

• Haha 3

SylvanLakeWH
8 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Oh man.  

@JCM has a pic of me "pressurizing". 

:scared-eek:

• Haha 2