Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

pfrederi
9 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Those are some head lights.... hope they are LEDs That 3 amp charging system might have an issue otherwise :P:P

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, lynnmor said:

EB probably will have a major leaf problem with gutters, but it might be worth it to prevent erosion. 

Although I realize full well that all water flow causes some level of erosion, it takes a torrential rain to effect the groundwork that's been recently done in any visible manner.

We've talked about multiple ways of controlling the water flow. 

We put consideration to having gutters and capturing the water or even piping it down to the frog pond so we could use it in the garden.

We've also thought about digging a ditch right where the water falls off the roof that would be able to capture the rain in a controlled and slow manner instead of all willy-nilly.  

This past Sunday and at least a couple occasions before that we've looked at where the rain water is washing down through the rocks.

Another possibility is to keep adding stones that are 4 to 12 inches diameter wherever they are needed and even filling around them in the wall area with concrete that can't be seen.

There are some pretty significant pockets in between those giant boulders so a lot of work could be done in there.

Handy Don
15 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

We've also thought about digging a ditch right where the water falls off the roof that would be able to capture the rain in a controlled and slow manner instead of all willy-nilly.  

A shallow, carefully pitched swale is a good technique for diverting a water flow. It spreads the water out and slows it down. Have to be sure they are not ankle-twisters, though. :)

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

A shallow, carefully pitched swale is a good technique for diverting a water flow. It spreads the water out and slows it down. Have to be sure they are not ankle-twisters, though. :)

No place for us to really do that the way things are set up so we would fill it right back up with rocks as designated by our excavator dude.  

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

@ebinmaine 21aa will lock right up and not erode / move...

34C33E5C-3C1E-4461-BE03-4B8E678E435A.jpeg

06861410-B45C-4BFA-A8CA-25828780589F.jpeg

A3E1D6AB-262D-4BA4-AA72-F8D0228DFD76.jpeg

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1

peter lena

@Panther416-8 was going to say  the smaller v trac  tire  with hundreds of extra lbs  needs extra air , would  get some extra  grease in the front end joint areas , off the ground so the green grease comes out the top , probably help out , looks good pete 

• Like 2

peter lena

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Champion-Electronics-Clamp-Light-with-8-5-Aluminum-Reflector-150W-CCL150-85/889980959? 2df342838346c230b7&gclsrc=3p.ds  have these under my engines  with incandescent  rough service bulbs  , silicone dipped , they stand on the squeeze clamp off floor , held in place with the center tech a matic bracket  , just slightly warms the engine , and battery tender plug in , start ups are a non issue , using this for years , ready , pete  

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

@ebinmaine 21aa will lock right up and not erode / move...

Yeah buddy I'm pretty sure that's basically what I've got. In my area we call that 3/4 Stone dust. 

Once it is compacted properly and a few rain storms get on it, it doesn't move anymore.

• Like 3

TJ5208

Well I bought another one.

Screenshot_2022-12-05-16-46-45-047~3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

WHX??
5 hours ago, pfrederi said:

Those are some head lights.... hope they are LEDs That 3 amp charging system might have an issue otherwise :P:P

No they are not and funny you should mention that.,,, both diodes were toast. After I replaced them they liked to overcharge as high as 16 volts. The book says to remove one diode this happens..  An amp check is in order just for grins but I doubt I will ever use them.  Prolly should hide one of those cheap 1 inch volt meters on it up under the hood, 

• Like 1

Monstrosity

Got the blower attached to the front hitch and I need to cut the bracket and drill new holes BECAUSE I didn't realize this one bolted to the frame so I'll make it so that it'll attach to the front hitch. And i ordered the wrong hydro hoses from wheel horse parts and more (awesome customer service) and got the right ones coming!20221205_062117.jpg.ccc3c04188bf426d7fbf141c5ce0c5e9.jpg20221205_062128.jpg.908370af9c30296461caf8afa08457b3.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

What did you do FOR a :wh: today @Pullstart ?!?!

BTW wish my girl a happy happy... :occasion-cake: hear tell she be getting a DL soon?? :)

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart
On 12/4/2022 at 6:02 PM, Panther416-8 said:

I'm not sure Sparkys toy but if the blower is lowered with the skid shoes in contact with the ground I don't imagine there would be much additional weight on the front axle from the blower. In that case it would be good to have the additional front wheel weights to help with traction/steering up front. I could be wrong, hopefully some others will chime in with their thoughts on this. BTW,  the whole 2 stage blower is more like 360 lbs or so.

20221128_155446.jpg

The only thing I can add, is to turn your front tires around “backwards” for snow use.  When you have them in “forward” arrangement, they turn into skids.  Backwards, they actually grab and turn.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

AEFA55C6-F612-4319-A709-DFE42E2DFCB4.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart
45 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

What did you do FOR a :wh: today @Pullstart ?!?!

BTW wish my girl a happy happy... :occasion-cake: hear tell she be getting a DL soon?? :)

I did a run to mid MI today and grabbed a D series tiller for @jeremi3210 and Jacob of course… it’s a monster!  Paul was a great host, with a propane heater, hot cup of Joe and he even started his awesome wood stove up too!

Ran up to the big city after that and delivered a seat pan from Uncle Jim to AC Man Jeff’s cousin for his 520H Retro too.  

• Like 7

ebinmaine
23 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

The only thing I can add, is to turn your front tires around “backwards” for snow use.  When you have them in “forward” arrangement, they turn into skids.  Backwards, they actually grab and turn.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

AEFA55C6-F612-4319-A709-DFE42E2DFCB4.jpeg

I concur.  

I've tested this on my 1974 C160 8 speed.  

22" AGs on front.  

Definitely a difference.  

• Like 2

Pullstart
53 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Definitely a difference

Look at me.  Do I look like I’d be lying?

4366ED83-890D-4B21-9341-3F17CB74381B.jpeg

• Haha 6

ebinmaine
8 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Nice shirt

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??
13 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Paul was a great host,

So what else did he have?? No roundys peeking through weeds? :ph34r::lol:

Why is he not a member here or does he not need a support group? 

Pullstart
22 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

So what else did he have?? No roundys peeking through weeds? :ph34r::lol:

Why is he not a member here or does he not need a support group? 

he’s on FB.  Can’t win ‘em all!  He has a cool 704 and a 59 RJ, but they are keepers.  Lots of 3/4/500 series stuff, two D tractors, a GT14, lots of mower decks, and a 1054 he wants to plow with..

• Like 4

SylvanLakeWH

Any battery electrics? :eusa-think:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

RandyLittrell
14 hours ago, Pullstart said:

And yes, Jada is 15 today!  Happy Birthday Girl!  1 year and you can drive!  Maybe we should start working on her truck (and a job) soon!

I grew up in western Kansas where you used to be able to get your permit at 14 and drive to school and back, work and back plus during the job and with an adult. I drove a 76 chevy 4x4 with a 400 small block to school in 8th grade!! 

Happy Birthday and hope your Dad and you build a cool truck!!

Randy

Edited by RandyLittrell
  • Heart 2

WHX??
26 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

:ph34r::ph34r:

• Like 1

Pullstart
37 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

he had a handful of U1’s on the shelf…

• Confused 1

SylvanLakeWH
24 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

he had a handful of U1’s on the shelf…

Any electric tractors attached to those batteries...???