Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Heatingman
12 minutes ago, ineedanother said:

Nice. :thumbs: There's a decent one at work, I might grease the skids with the guys over there for some future work :ph34r:

Glad you brought it up, cause that lead me to put it on the tractor for a photo op. Thats when I noticed the one diamond plate cover was a 1/2” longer then the other, so I trimmed it down to match. 

Now I just need to finish painting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
11 hours ago, Heatingman said:

Had some leftover diamond plate from the foot rests, so I made a pretty up cover for the battery. Just friction clamped in place with the battery holder. There is about a 1/8” or so gap above the battery for air movement in case the battery needs to breath.

Side note:

Really liked the look of  @ebinmaine cinnamon horse motor cover, so I did the same with mine.

Think it looks sharp.

67D40B61-A181-4551-A68A-EFC883D7B04C.jpeg

Really like that look.  

It's possible I may have to "borrow" your diamond plate idea as you did for our engine color. 😁

• Like 3

ohiofarmer

Gonna bring you guys along on this one. So far I have messed about with the carburetor and finally I removed it and used Flitz on the needle/seat. She runs nice now after sitting since 2018

Gotta take the seat and find off the rear because excessive noise underneath the side shield 🛡️ We're going in...

IMG_20220926_104510.jpg

• Excellent 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

Some progress today on the Waldomobile . After removing paint and brown weld from some part yesterday . I used one of  those plant hangers that you pound in the ground . Hung the parts , last night a lot of wind and a few drops of rain. Plant hanger is U shaped , parts on the ground. Hunted a round and found this metal ironing board ( why my wife had 3 ironing boards ??????? ). Hunted around for thin metal rod made S hooks and sprayed primer. Moved the 8 speed to portable shed where Waldomobile lives now and got it on motorcycle jack. Cleaned everything up and decided it is time for lunch.  Need to prime and paint under the panels where trans goes . May tackle the seat pan , while everything dries. @squonkwonder if this tractor ever lived inside.

• Like 1

squonk
4 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@squonkwonder if this tractor ever lived inside.

Judging by the wildlife I found on the seat............................. No! :lol:

• Haha 3

ohiofarmer
4 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

Gonna bring you guys along on this one. So far I have messed about with the carburetor and finally I removed it and used Flitz on the needle/seat. She runs nice now after sitting since 2018

Gotta take the seat and find off the rear because excessive noise underneath the side shield 🛡️ We're going in...

IMG_20220926_104510.jpg

We took everything off the machine,a lately purchased c160 auto and found that maybe it needs a fender washer in the belt tightening linkage. Now that she is opened up, time for a cleaning underneath the side shields and a filter and transmission oil change. It's nice to have it on the lift for an old man to get to it properly .Then the cleaning to keep the transmission cool and you can see where the vice grips clip on . That's where a small washer under the split pin might take out the vibration. 

I need to check if a NAPA Gold 1068 is the correct transmission filter and that should complete the comeback of this machine.

IMG_20220926_130430.jpg

IMG_20220926_130336.jpg

IMG_20220926_151158.jpg

IMG_20220926_151148.jpg

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Excellent 4

OldWorkHorse

Rest of the plow parts and decals came in the mail today so my daughter and I went down to the shop and put the downforce bar on and she helped with the new decals I got and I added some plow markers for thos early mornings. Probly have to take the angle bar off and weld couple reinforcements on it, but does it's job and works great! Probably some rear facing lights next. 

20220926_134138.jpg

20220926_134450.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

peter lena

@Heatingman  , do all my plow sets ups off the tractor , why  ? so you can rollerstool around it , build up your  lever / linkage  and detail it in for function , use a plastic / teflon  pneumatic  length  in your  cable pull to lever area , makes that 90, degree  slide , much smother, also detail your spring pull pin to the quadrant , red grease , can / should  engage like a rifle bolt . built up on milk crates  , lets it sit just as it would under the tractor ,  what ever you build in , be the same on the tractor . pete        

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Oh @squonk Thanks for the big hole in the seat pan . You got a gallon of JB weld I can use ?

• Haha 1

squonk
33 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Oh @squonk Thanks for the big hole in the seat pan . You got a gallon of JB weld I can use ?

Too much gas! 

• Haha 2

Blasterdad
7 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

I need to check if a NAPA Gold 1068 is the correct transmission filter

NAPA Gold 1410, Wix 51410

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, WHGuy413 said:

find where to buy throttle and choke cables

@Achto  recommended

http://psep.biz/store/toro_mower_cables.htm

Seems to me it's the first and third cables listed.  

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

peter lena

@OldWorkHorse that plow detailing , for function , will give you the best gains in all areas . example , squeeze lever on quadrant , swing point , after lubrication upgrade , tightened up the small pull rod starting point, eliminated , exces play , also snugged up spring pull point at quadrant start , amazing difference in response. very easy , effortless swing . years ago also added heim joints to my  quadrant to lever point , used threaded rod , to bottom of quadrant m and back to lower lever start point , used 1/2 "  fine threaded steel rod , male/ female heim joints .  https://www.amazon.com/Steel-Inch-Female-Heim-Joint/dp/B075FGLBK2 , years later still easy / smooth solid , always experimenting , red grease , makes it work , pete    

• Excellent 1

Horse Newbie
On 9/25/2022 at 8:17 PM, WHGuy413 said:

Prevent twisting and falling. I’ve been doing this set up for prob 6 years or more

and have never had an issue. 

Some 2x4 braces ( one each direction ) would go a long ways in keeping those uprights in place should they be accidentally bumped…

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

Further adventure of Waldo and his mobile. Ground the other foot rest today . Tried a flapper disk on the angle grinder and it worked better than the wire wheel. Had to use the wire wheel is some places. The end of the foot rest was bent all to H**l. Can 't figure what someone could have hit to mangle it that bad. Had to use HF cut off tool on it oh well less weight. Inspected the seat pan ( just primer on it ) .It looked good from a 100 yards. Kind of reminded me off orange peal , but  particles of paint were standing straight up.  I wiped the seat pan down with acetone before painting yesterday and let it dry. Flapper wheel put back to work , acetone wipe down.  Ate lunch and rested for an hour. I then hit with primer again.  I not trying to make a trailer queen , just a worker. 

• Like 3

squonk
2 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Further adventure of Waldo and his mobile. Ground the other foot rest today . Tried a flapper disk on the angle grinder and it worked better than the wire wheel. Had to use the wire wheel is some places. The end of the foot rest was bent all to H**l. Can 't figure what someone could have hit to mangle it that bad. Had to use HF cut off tool on it oh well less weight. Inspected the seat pan ( just primer on it ) .It looked good from a 100 yards. Kind of reminded me off orange peal , but  particles of paint were standing straight up.  I wiped the seat pan down with acetone before painting yesterday and let it dry. Flapper wheel put back to work , acetone wipe down.  Ate lunch and rested for an hour. I then hit with primer again.  I not trying to make a trailer queen , just a worker. 

:text-worthless:

• Haha 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

Well drive on down here and take all the pictures you want. Got a question @squonk  does your  C 160 have the hinged seat pan? If so are there  grommets in the holes where bolts go ?

• Like 1

ebinmaine
14 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Well drive on down here and take all the pictures you want. Got a question @squonk  does your  C 160 have the hinged seat pan? If so are there  grommets in the holes where bolts go ?

Them thar hinge holes should oughtta have a (nylon?) Bushing around the bolt.  

• Thanks 1

squonk
19 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

It's hinged and there are bushings on the bolts. They are kinda wore out like you and me! 

• Haha 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

But you have worn out faster.:ROTF:

ebinmaine
24 minutes ago, squonk said:

It's hinged and there are bushings on the bolts. They are kinda wore out like you and me! 

I understood that reference.  All too well.  😬

• Like 1

squonk
1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

But you have worn out faster.:ROTF:

Because I move faster! :occasion-xmas:

• Haha 1