Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

8ntruck
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Not to get too far off topic...

Trina and I have been TALKING out loud about things I'm searching on MY phone. 

Next day or two HER phone will give ads for what we SAID. 

No typing.....

Yup.  Mrs. 8n and I have seen the same thing.

• Like 1

Gregor
6 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

Yup.  Mrs. 8n and I have seen the same thing.

I think I would start talking about free tractors !:D

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

8ntruck
11 minutes ago, Gregor said:

I think I would start talking about free tractors !:D

Worth a try.

I exercised the C-195 with some trailer work today.  Carried a set of shelves from the lake house to the house.  Took 2 trips.

Kind of strange, at times the tractor was blowing smoke out of the exhaust like a bug fogger, then two minutes later, it was running clean.  Guess I should put cleaning the breather on the list now.

• Like 2

ebinmaine

The BBT worked from home today. In between the all important checking of emails she used a trimmer recently aquired from @Handy Don to clean up more and started burning a bunch of scrap wood that was left over from replacing trim and the new roof back in April. 

• Like 2

WheelHorse520H
12 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

No typing.....

I’ve been there too. Even scarier is how I got my ‘76 Vw beetle, my dad drove by the shop where it had the for sale sign and told me about it when he got home. Later that afternoon it popped up on FB marketplace! Because he drove by it!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Handy Don
4 hours ago, WheelHorse520H said:

I’ve been there too. Even scarier is how I got my ‘76 Vw beetle, my dad drove by the shop where it had the for sale sign and told me about it when he got home. Later that afternoon it popped up on FB marketplace! Because he drove by it!

There is no doubt that two people sharing a household have been "linked" in the marketing databases of the big search and social media players with that info being used very profitably.

• Like 1

WheelHorse520H
4 hours ago, Handy Don said:

There is no doubt that two people sharing a household have been "linked" in the marketing databases of the big search and social media players with that info being used very profitably.

I hadn’t thought of that, even though I don’t have any social media I have searched for them on CL and Google.

EB-80/8inPA
On 9/16/2021 at 6:21 PM, ebinmaine said:

No typing.....

@ebinmaine: Did you catch the dryer lint story I told along those lines at the M&G?  I saw a sign “DRYER VENT CLEANING” not too far up the road from there Sunday.  Maybe it’s a hint!

• Like 2

Ifixoldjunk

1E6DFC08-698D-4456-A279-7C10C7C59CC1.jpeg.a5ff4fd92cf155ea2b2c7df616062b41.jpegI know this probably is considered horse abuse but I moved close to 500lbs gravel up my driveway today. Poor 310 was popping wheelies moving that weight. Ended up getting stuck more than once lol

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

Ifixoldjunk
1 hour ago, Tuneup said:

I haven't been seeing ads for hemorroid creme so sitting here on this ice pack must not have gotten to the airwaves. I'm kinda offline anyway - data phone is the company's.

In Wheel Horse news, the lousy COVID has finally moved on so I hit the garage in 90% humidity and got the transport system just about attached. Only need to get that running assembly stripped and painted and she's finally ready for testing - and to be put away for the season.

I do like that Sunrise Red...

Deck-75.jpg.617be0ae08b192a5b24631843addd0e1.jpg

Is that rust oleum sunrise red? I’m thinking about redoing my horse. It’s a nice vibrant color

• Like 1

Tuneup
17 minutes ago, Ifixoldjunk said:

Is that rust oleum sunrise red? I’m thinking about redoing my horse. It’s a nice vibrant color

Yes! I restored my '80 with the older Rust Oleum color. I think Sunrise is more vibrant - a little more orange. Really happy with it. The nozzles clog about half way through a can so have brake cleaner on hand to clear them and you're home free. It may never dry in this humidity...

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
52 minutes ago, Ifixoldjunk said:

I know this probably is considered horse abuse but I moved close to 500lbs gravel up my driveway today. Poor 310 was popping wheelies moving that weight. Ended up getting stuck more than once lol

I don't consider that anything to do with abusive. 

I've moved more than twice that per trip many times. Gravel, stone, firewood etc...

I have the tractor set up very well to so do with over 250 lb of fluid weight alone and whatever else is added for steel weight.  

• Like 3

johnnymag3

I agree with Eric.....fluid filled tires, weights, and proper balance of the trailer provides easy moving of most anything.....

• Like 2

lynnmor
4 hours ago, Maxwell-8 said:

Tested out my homemade mulcher deck for my aunt's 312

and it was a succes! :chores-mowlawn:

Clippings are greatly reduced. :dance:

For an even greater improvement, replace those worn blades. 

• Like 2

Ifixoldjunk
5 hours ago, Maxwell-8 said:

Tested out my homemade mulcher deck for my aunt's 312

and it was a succes! :chores-mowlawn:DSC_0510.JPG.6bb6720c4d1e5799a8fcc51ddd57e4ec.JPGDSC_0225.JPG.a7b0c8a89f3e4943a2419da74f6cc755.JPG

Clippings are greatly reduced. :dance:

Very cool, I’ve been thinking about trying that on a old rusty 42 rear I have.B3F06E2A-1DDB-4048-83AC-EC826274056D.jpeg.89f8a6f604b3f8417a0ba0e0c8875844.jpeg

not a big loss if it doesn’t turn out nice🤣

how exactly did you make the rings? I was gonna cut some old steel barrels.

Edited by Ifixoldjunk

Maxwell-8
2 hours ago, lynnmor said:

For an even greater improvement, replace those worn blades. 

Worn but sharp, will be replaced in the near future, but cost is a bit to high currently

• Like 2

Maxwell-8
2 hours ago, Ifixoldjunk said:

Very cool, I’ve been thinking about trying that on a old rusty 42 rear I have.

Got it explained here:

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/95025-42-side-discharge-to-mulcher/?tab=comments#comment-998395

lynnmor
4 hours ago, Ifixoldjunk said:

Very cool, I’ve been thinking about trying that on a old rusty 42 rear I have.

If you have a sheet metal shop locally, they should be able to roll the curve for very little money.  Just hand them your flat steel, preferably with some extra length.

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

Painted the 6" wheels for my 310 the other day then mounted tires yesterday. These 6" tires were so freaking tight going on, I was about throw them in the trash!!! 

I have mounted a crap load of tires and these were the worst ever!! I'm guessing they had a hard time converting inches to metric in china where they were made I am guessing!! 

I thought I had pics of them mounted, guess I will post those tomorrow. 

Randy

20210917_095016.jpg

20210917_115703.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

8ntruck

Doing late season summer wind down projects today.  One of the tasks was to move the pedal boat out of the lake, up the hill to the shed.

I planned on using the C-195 for this, but, it was not running well.  I could not find a choke setting where it was happy.  Surprisingly, it ran better when I turned the electric fuel pump off.  I'm thinking that there is a float valve issue going on.

I parked the C-195, and fired up the 14-8.  The 14-8 made the pull, no muss, no fuss.

One of my neighbors was finishing up some driveway work.  He had several wheelbarrow loads dumped in low spots in our gravel road.  I swapped the deck for the 48" plow blade, and helped smooth the wheelbarrow piles.  While the blade was on the tractor, I took several passes on the rust in my own driveway.

• Like 3

kpinnc

Started on converting my leaf vac for my father in law. I don't have leaves at the new place like I had before, so I never use it anymore.

Took all the casters off and made it into an unpowered trailer. Planning to convert the vac portion to run off the PTO. Gotta make a new hitch for that part...

IMG_20210919_220349849.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3