Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Horse Newbie
3 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

These I believe are the correct armrests for the seat styles I am looking at/for...

https://www.concentricintl.com/product/93120-adjustable-armrests/.  Also looks like Michigan seat "merged" with Milsco seating, and Black Talon from Concentric is another supplier.

Screenshot_20210302-094926.png

Screenshot_20210302-094858.png

Those arm rests look correct for the original 520H seat...you reckon ?...

• Like 2

Horse Newbie
5 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

These I believe are the correct armrests for the seat styles I am looking at/for...

https://www.concentricintl.com/product/93120-adjustable-armrests/.  Also looks like Michigan seat "merged" with Milsco seating, and Black Talon from Concentric is another supplier.

• Like 1

Horse Newbie
5 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

• Like 1

Horse Newbie

If I keep replacing parts on my 520H, I'm gonna end up with a trailer queen...lol:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WVHillbilly520H
9 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

If I keep replacing parts on my 520H, I'm gonna end up with a trailer queen...lol:lol:

Did you check the link I posted? Those are very close, and you may need these as well https://www.surpluscenter.com/Truck-Trailer/Seats/Seat-Belts-Hardware/945-Universal-Adapter-Slot-Bar-Pair-Black-Talon-945001BK-1-3553.axd, and they sell new seat slide rails also.  I will get better pics of my seats and arm rests when I got home this evening.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 1

Horse Newbie

Red Square Members,

I apologize for repeating the above post so many times...

I must have gotten carried away !...lol:lol::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Oldskool
2 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

Red Square Members,

I apologize for repeating the above post so many times...

I must have gotten carried away !...lol:lol::lol:

Lol I thought my screen kept jumping around on me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

sparkie333
20 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I think that qualifies

If it is not broke don't fix it -------and if its a wheel horse it is not broke.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Racinbob

That's a great idea making that into a wall hanger! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Achto
46 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

I should see if i can decoupage it to a nice plaque for a wall hanger.  

Cut a chunk of sheet metal out and squirt some paint on it. Then find some clear decal to put over the WH decal to hold it down to the sheet metal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mikey the Monkey

@pullstart good news. Nothing more exhilarating than the birth of a baby. My wife told me this morning that shes ready for another...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
32 minutes ago, Mikey the Monkey said:

@pullstart good news. Nothing more exhilarating than the birth of a baby. My wife told me this morning that shes ready for another...

Two of my SIL’s on that side of the fam are pregnant.  One will be within 24 hours.  Another SIL on the other side, the two not due now are within 1 week of each other!  We’re far past having kids, but being able to enjoy nieces and nephews sure is fun!

• Like 3
  • Heart 2

WHX??

WHAT Monkey  you got another offspring !?!?! Are congrats in order ?We want pics of the little rascal! Fill me in I promise I won't cuss or order you to have another one! 

1 hour ago, Achto said:

Cut a chunk of sheet metal out and squirt some paint on it. Then find some clear decal to put over the WH decal to hold it down to the sheet metal.

I'm  lost but you know I'm  slow ... I'm handing it to you then..:lol:

I got some of that 50/50 epoxy on the shelf but might be bad by now.... thinking glue in on to a bark edged board and using that .. SWMBO might go for that with her cabin motif. ... Maybe even let me put it in the bedroom.wher i can get something to look at..... :D

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

WHX??

Delete second post

Edited by WHX24

Mikey the Monkey

@pullstart... @WHX24...no, wife isn't pregnant, I was just saying she's ready for more. And i disagree with you Kevin, you are not past baby making age!

• Like 1

Achto
11 hours ago, WHX24 said:

I got some of that 50/50 epoxy on the shelf but might be bad by now.... thinking glue in on to a bark edged board and using that

Here is a good process if you want to put it on a piece of wood.

1.Cut your wood out to desired size & sand the face surface, stain not varnish if you wish.

2. Use Elmer's glue to glue the decal down. (Yes good old Elmer's School glue) Let it dry.

3. Use a brush to coat the whole surface of the wood with Elmer's glue, right over the decal & all. Let it dry.

4. Use the 2 part pour on epoxy finish over the wood. The same stuff used for bar tops.

You will end up with a great looking show piece!!

Or if your still confused. :confusion-confused:  :o Just bring the decal & piece of wood to me, I'll get it done for you.:thumbs2::lol:

Edited by Achto
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

DennisThornton
15 hours ago, pullstart said:

Took a second tractor / sleigh ride / nap today.  Second gear, likely around 2300 rpms.  Wouldn’t you know, my Tough As Nails Wheel Horse “Poppy” the 552 never skipped a beat.  I know that plowing snow and fields will test a GT to it’s limits.  Pulling a sleigh and a couple kids?  Naw, that’s like retirement to this thing!

Now, I’ll sip a coffee and wait for the little one to wake.  And @Mikey the Monkey I think today’s the day she’ll become a big sister :handgestures-thumbupright:

81259063-896A-4FBE-985D-997093C04A62.jpeg

Thoughts on the fronts?  Easy of steering?  Steering grip?  Rolling over objects?  What size?

Pullstart
10 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

Thoughts on the fronts?  Easy of steering?  Steering grip?  Rolling over objects?  What size?

I had to build front hubs to fit a 10” rear Wheel Horse Commando 800 wheel.  There’s matching rear 26x12-12’s for summertime fun too.  As to answer your question of steering, they are 100% flat and have a centered steering scrub.  They roll very well over most all terrain.  I noticed while plowing snow that I have better steering grip with partial steering than full lock.  I meant to reverse them and try again,  it opted to get my plow truck finished and retire from :wh: plowing full time.

here’s “Poppy’s” build thread where the tires were introduced:

• Thanks 1

WHX??
47 minutes ago, Achto said:

Or if your still confused. :confusion-confused: 

Doesn't take much these :Ddays..... would that procedure work over a piece of patinaed metal??? 

Edited by WHX24
  • Haha 1

DennisThornton
41 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I had to build front hubs to fit a 10” rear Wheel Horse Commando 800 wheel.  There’s matching rear 26x12-12’s for summertime fun too.  As to answer your question of steering, they are 100% flat and have a centered steering scrub.  They roll very well over most all terrain.  I noticed while plowing snow that I have better steering grip with partial steering than full lock.  I meant to reverse them and try again,  it opted to get my plow truck finished and retire from :wh: plowing full time.

here’s “Poppy’s” build thread where the tires were introduced:

That took a few minutes!   Very nice thread!  So many things to consider and try to help handle snow...

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
3 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

That took a few minutes!   Very nice thread!  So many things to consider and try to help handle snow...

Thanks!

Other than gardening, and the frequent use of a FEL, my tractors are for recreational use only.  That leaves me with endless ideas and modifications that might otherwise be hindering to daily use.  Sometimes my ideas even work out!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

OldWorkHorse

Got some new cables in for the 1257Heavy and for @ebinmaine tractor.

16148709965272801130356248360200.jpg.bec6762a4de31ca3779f6fb5e49fee78.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3