Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Chris.s said:

I will add when I get a chance I have it stored in a trailer currently. I do not believe it is a wheel horse. Originally thought it was a Gibson however I have found 0 identification on it. 

There are several guys on this website that collect older stuff and are very knowledgeable about it. You will likely have an answer within just a few hours.

And it's a lever steer. just because of that you get 3 million points for cool. 

• Like 1

pfrederi

Finally got started on a heavy maintenance of the 418A.  show about 1300 hrs but the meter didn't work when I got it and has had sporadic outages since.  Has been running fine but i am sure she would benefit from a decarboning and I want to tighten up the front axle pivot pin and some other wear points...The heated office space in the work shop is getting crowded.

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Finally got started on a heavy maintenance of the 418A.  show about 1300 hrs but the meter didn't work when I got it and has had sporadic outages since.  Has been running fine but i am sure she would benefit from a decarboning and I want to tighten up the front axle pivot pin and some other wear points...The heated office space in the work shop is getting crowded.

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

How do you go about tightening up on that pin? The other wear points? Weld some spacers on? Use bushings?

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, pfrederi said:

I make a new pin (weld a piece of steel on 3/4 round stock ) Drill out the axle to 7/8" and press in two sleeve bearings.

Do you find that the frame holes are egged out often?

• Like 1

pfrederi
8 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Do you find that the frame holes are egged out often?

The last one it was the front hole egged out.  The tab on the pin if it is still bolted in place seems to protect the rear frame hole. Just made a small plate drilled to 3/4 and welded it on the front.  You need to make your new pin longer

IMG_0319.JPG

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, pfrederi said:

The last one it was the front hole egged out.  The tab on the pin if it is still bolted in place seems to protect the rear frame hole. Just made a small plate drilled to 3/4 and welded it on the front.  You need to make your new pin longer

IMG_0319.JPG

That's what I did for the frame and front support on the big tractor build.

Axle was perfectly fine. It's a custom and that had basically no time on it after somebody had begun putting it all together. 

• Like 2

Pullstart

Blew apart this 78363 deck off the 520xi for some major cleaning and a couple repairs.  The P.O. trusted a welder to fix the unlevel deck situation, while all along it was a broken lift link on the tractor.  There are unneeded welds all over this thing.

7B1DF03D-003E-47A2-8191-A4199F9DDB76.jpeg

28FF09E6-0BC9-422E-80E6-9E87E75F0311.jpeg

D7A1B3FF-2546-4F3F-8BFC-57D28550D8FE.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Sad 3

Pullstart

@953 nut @WVHillbilly520H don’t fret, I’ll have it fixed up in a jiffy!

157B47FE-D038-42B8-83E1-00CECF917738.jpeg

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

We banking on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
12 hours ago, pullstart said:

:angry-tappingfoot:        Well, you do have a couple of weeks before you need to mow the lawn.

How To Stop Procrastinating.. 16 ways to break the cycle and get back… | by  Sheryl Garratt | Creative Living | Medium

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:angry-tappingfoot:        Well, you do have a couple of weeks before you need to mow the lawn.

How To Stop Procrastinating.. 16 ways to break the cycle and get back… | by  Sheryl Garratt | Creative Living | Medium

I've been through all four of those in the past but nowadays I find it easier to just bounce back and forth between the top and the right hand side...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Pullstart

I occasionally get stuck right on top!

Procrastinators unite!  Tomorrow!

• Haha 8

chip61

I stay stuck right on top. Why do it today when I can do it at the last minute when it absolutely has to be done!!! It's a great motivator (my wife doesn't agree)

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I occasionally get stuck right on top!

Procrastinators unite!  Tomorrow!

I'd be there to join you, tomorrow. But I can't. I have plans. I have many many things that I need to think about while I accomplish exactly zero of them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart

So the other day, I learned that Poppy’s big ‘ole fatty tires are terrible in the snow.  Big shocker!  Let’s see how the 27” loaded Interco’s work, huh?

B45A10B2-8F29-40C8-BADD-BAFE2D6934EB.jpeg

47B4547F-3C08-4C07-AB0C-A7F327B362EB.jpeg

• Like 6

squonk
13 hours ago, pullstart said:

157B47FE-D038-42B8-83E1-00CECF917738.jpeg

Amazon.com: Band-Aid Adhesive Bandages, Flexible Fabric, All One Size 1" X  3" , 100 Count (Pack of 2): Health & Personal Care

Lanacane® First Aid Spray

• Haha 8

Lee1977

I got my 600 dollar check today I can buy another Tractor.

• Excellent 3

8ntruck
9 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Yup.  That looks like today's work flow.....

• Like 2

rjg854

After a couple of days of plowing and snowblowing, a few maintenance issues to address. Needed to add some air to the fluid filled wheels, they seemed to be a bit soft and was worried they might blow the bead. Lost one of the roller chains on a front wheel, so put that back on.  One of the the wheels on the blower broke off, so I had to put the skid back on, until I can get it rewelded. Adjusted the skids on the plow now that I've got a good base built up on driveway. Dropped it down so now I can scrape the surface. Had a lot of seat time today 😃

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

953 nut
11 hours ago, pullstart said:

Procrastinators unite!  Tomorrow

Can't make it tomorrow, weekend you know. I'm thinking I might be thinking of doing something.  Can we put this off for a few days, I will let you know when if I get around to it in a few days..

Round Tuit Dinner Plate | Zazzle.com

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

Tuneup

I'm king of the procrastinators. I made an exception once and did a report in high school the day it was assigned. All I did was worry for weeks as to whether I did it right. No time to care when the time runs out so - delay.

Today, cleaned the P216 pan. Some water contamination in the bottom - brown and didn't react to brake cleaner so had to wipe it all out with a towel. Last owner....   Cleaned the rear head and sanded the surface - I use the concrete floor as the level says it's flat. I know....   Attached the head.

Out of time. Off tomorrow at 6 to obtain Wheel Horse #4 which will become WH project #3. 4 hour road trip.

• Like 4