Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
17 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

GT-14, 520 -H or a C-195

If Trina perma-borrows the Charger hydro I could also change Colossus to a hydro....

:lol:

@Tractorhead nice work there. 

Like the bandsaw. 

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Tractorhead

@ebinmaine - thanks Bud, love it to do things my Way.

About the Bandsaw, it was a cheap offer i got from *bay while i observe it.

just 160 bucks incl shipment is not much and it appears to be a good and useful quality.

i‘m seeing a similar one,  branded as Milwaukee but it was 250 bucks more.

I dunno if it was a copy or second choice maybe, but i decided about that offer quick.

Tried few cuts today and i‘m impressed about, even 5 mm thick Angleiron it cut like a knife in warm butter.

The haptics appears also a good quality, so i‘m satisfied.

Another Step independently.

Btw, Col...

Collos

huh, can not remember where i heared that, it was long time ago...😂😂😂

Edited by Tractorhead
  • Haha 2

rjg854
2 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

i hope you understand my chaotical description.. 🤪😎

I think I understand what you're suggesting.

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
16 minutes ago, Bostman67 said:

got it running

NNIIIIIICE!!!!!

• Like 1

sqrlgtr
1 hour ago, Bostman67 said:

I got it running! 1967 WH 1277 with a Kohler M301S. I bought it three weeks ago not running. I was told it hadn’t run in several years. Thanx to you guys! I changed spark plug, ignition switch, battery, gas tank valve, added gas and a battery cable. I cleaned outside carburetor and engine. I can’t get muffler and pipes loosen and I still haven’t driven it around. I have never worked on any engines before. 

A2D8C35C-BA3F-4D86-87DE-934FBF647959.MOV

C1763F67-549F-4A70-9747-57312F68CFA2.jpeg

11BD7768-9AF1-42C6-9382-7C3ADFEC9693.jpeg

B918A16D-570B-4E01-AA68-2061AD518F23.MOV

Im kinda fond of them old mufflers myself I wouldnt change at all if you just didnt have too....just my:twocents-02cents:....

• Like 1

echris

@Bostman67 That's awesome. Congrats on reviving your first engine. It's a disease we all share here. Feels good doesn't it?

Great work! :wh:

"It's not broken, it's just not recently loved."

- Me

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

geezer88

Did a little end of season work on the 1995 Toro Wheel Horse 266: new tires, and wide, flat seat.

The tractor lug tires really help backing up steep spots, and the new seat lets me apply "body-english" on the side hills.

The old old bugger is as ugly as I am, but unlike me, it still works.  My big tractor is an 8N Ford, same year as me, 49.

tom

ps, plastic hood broke up, so I tossed it

WH266.jpg

Edited by geezer88
forgot hood
  • Like 5

8ntruck

Did some more cart work today, hauling 5 boxes of books down to the lake house.  More mulching of leaves along the way.  Rained last night, knocking , more leaves to the ground.  Will have to mulch or tow the sweeper around in the near future.

Gripe for today:  I filled up yesterday at $1.78 per gallon.  Drove by the gas station this evening and noticed the price was up to $2.15 per gallon.  Anybody understand what drives these large price changes?  Sure wish I did.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, geezer88 said:

Did a little end of season work on the 1995 Toro Wheel Horse 266: new tires, and wide, flat seat.

The tractor lug tires really help backing up steep spots, and the new seat lets me apply "body-english" on the side hills.

The old old bugger is as ugly as I am, but unlike me, it still works.  My big tractor is an 8N Ford, same year as me, 49.

tom

ps, plastic hood broke up, so I tossed it

WH266.jpg

I like it. 

Character. 

A good thing to have. 

JCM

Usually this time of year in Maine painting is a little difficult for drying times but today was ideal as was the sun to help out. Resumed work on the 310-8. This is the third set of footrests I have painted this year. These were taken off of the C-85 parts tractor and appear to have been inside most if not all of their years and did not need a lot of rust removal. Also did both side covers and lower belt guide. Before and after pics and outside and inside drying stations.

IMG_0325.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0330.JPG

IMG_0331.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

IMG_0336.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

953 nut

@19richie66, isn't it about time you updated your location, FLORIDA           :hide:             welcome to North Carolina Richie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66
8 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

@19richie66, isn't it about time you updated your location, FLORIDA           :hide:             welcome to North Carolina Richie.

I’ll take care of that right away sir :handgestures-salute:

• Haha 5

ebinmaine
9 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Blaze

???

19richie66
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

???

Hesston Frontrunner 200. The story I got on it was the original owner’s wife was using it to mow and the fuel line from pump to carb split. Sprayed fuel on the engine and caught on fire. It burned until the wiring harness melted together and shut off the engine. Luckily the fire burnt out and did no more damage other than melting all the wiring. So hence the name “Blaze”. It was sold at a yard sale after the owner passed and bought by the guy I got it from. It has been in a barn since 2002. He has 12 more of them. Hope to get it going again soon.

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 3

19richie66

@19richie66, isn't it about time you updated your location, FLORIDA           :hide:             welcome to NorthCarolina Richie.

DONE:handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Done!:handgestures-thumbupright:

Thanks for changing that Richie . We don't want to have too much geographical confusion on this site.

• Haha 1

TractorChild97

Changed the seal on the other side. It could have waited, but in surprise the hub came off within minutes. The other side took hours. 

Screenshot_20201022-202522.png

Screenshot_20201022-202546.png

• Like 6

ebinmaine

Just happened to think. I don't know if anybody mentioned it yet. After you drive that thing around for a bit you want to reach in there and double check the torque on those set screws.

I've forgotten to do that and had the hub move a few weeks later. 

• Like 1

Lee1977

Always use new keys and set screws when putting the hub back on.

TractorChild97
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Just happened to think. I don't know if anybody mentioned it yet. After you drive that thing around for a bit you want to reach in there and double check the torque on those set screws.

I've forgotten to do that and had the hub move a few weeks later. 

That actually happened yesterday. I had to adjust it ant tighten the set screws. Good call :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

AMC RULES

20201023_173701.jpg.3a5105c45ba9cc4f36351ea844ff74d9.jpg

20201023_173652.jpg.107aca8f82935de707fb10663083a4b0.jpg

• Like 4

WHNJ701

Spent some time with the 551 dialing in the carb, got her purring like a kitten now!  I am actually really impressed with 5 horse Lauson runs and sounds good

• Like 3