Devin

Another update on my C-175

Devin

I was driving it around after I got it running smooth and the front left wheel fell off turns out it didnt have the bearing or whatever inside of the rim around the spindle so it was just the rim on the spindle and obviously the inside of the rim is way bigger than the spindle so i dont know where to get the bearing

• Sad 1

Devin

@SylvanLakeWH Thank you for the link but now I have the problem of not knowing what exactly it is I need

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
1 hour ago, Devin said:

@SylvanLakeWH Thank you for the link but now I have the problem of not knowing what exactly it is I need

Devin, a suggestion. Just keep the ons thread going. So we dont have to bounce all over the place following your adventure.

Sounds like your doing good.

Glenn

• Like 2

Devin

@JERSEYHAWG / GlennAlright it just seems like after a day nobody looks at the thread anymore thats why I've bern making new ones

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
10 minutes ago, Devin said:

@JERSEYHAWG / GlennAlright it just seems like after a day nobody looks at the thread anymore thats why I've bern making new ones

That's the problem to many threads. It's like jumping jacks.    :lol:

Glenn

• Haha 1

JPWH

Very time you add to your thread it will go back to the top.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:  Here you go Devin...

you're all consolidated in one place now. :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

AMC RULES

Devin, I think you'll find the Horselogo.jpg.f4b6f0379611420ea5ec24803cbfd23e.jpg C-175 is a beast of a machine...well worth all your hard effort to get it back up, and running.  :text-bravo:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Devin

@AMC RULES It is and its fast I just gotta figure out what it is i need to fix that wheel

AMC RULES

Look at your other (good) wheel Devin...

your missing part...looks like this?  :scratchead:

4-WHEEL-BEARINGS-TORO-WHEEL-HORSE-11-0513-25-1210-110513-and-251-3-4-x-1-3-8

• Thanks 1

Devin

@AMC RULES There is so much grease I cant tell but I'm 90% sure that's it because I have never seen that in the broken wheel

AMC RULES

:confusion-shrug: Only one way to find out Devin.

Raise the front of your tractor, remove both front wheels...

clean 'em up, do your inspection, find out what you're working with, or need. 

• Thanks 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
2 hours ago, Devin said:

@AMC RULES It is and its fast I just gotta figure out what it is i need to fix that wheel

I missed something, whats wrong with your wheel? Wobbly, loose?

Glenn

Craig gives good information, pay heed to him.

Devin

@JERSEYHAWG / GlennYes its wobbly and loose its fallen off twice and actually the second time i couldn't find the piece that holds it on so i need a new one of those little clamp things to hold it on as well unless i can find the original one but that is very unlikely ij the grass

bmsgaffer

That is called a C-clip, should be 3/4". Snap ring with appropriate pliers will hold the best if you have them. 

There is a VERY good chance that if you ran the wheel without bearings the wheel itself where the bearings seat will be damaged. Your new bearings will fall right out. Make sure that when you put the new bearings it that you gently tap the metal around the bearing so that it fits tightly and evenly, otherwise look to get a new used wheel. 

Also check your spindle to be sure its not worn out and damaged. You will ruin all your new bearings if it is. 

All of this stuff can be obtained from vendors on here like @Kelly or @A-Z Tractor or many people if you sift through the sale ads or place a wanted ad. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Devin
1 hour ago, bmsgaffer said:

That is called a C-clip, should be 3/4". Snap ring with appropriate pliers will hold the best if you have them. 

There is a VERY good chance that if you ran the wheel without bearings the wheel itself where the bearings seat will be damaged. Your new bearings will fall right out. Make sure that when you put the new bearings it that you gently tap the metal around the bearing so that it fits tightly and evenly, otherwise look to get a new used wheel. 

Also check your spindle to be sure its not worn out and damaged. You will ruin all your new bearings if it is. 

All of this stuff can be obtained from vendors on here like @Kelly or @A-Z Tractor or many people if you sift through the sale ads or place a wanted ad. 

Alright thank you the spindle a the rim are both still in great shape neither are damaged at all

953 nut
6 hours ago, bmsgaffer said:

C-clip, should be 3/4". Snap ring

Never had a 417, but both 418s and 310 all have cotter keys or a hairpin key.  Image result for hairpin cotter pin

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Yes, its the C clip / snap ring, just had mine apart last week. Theres special pliars made for it, makes the removal and install a whole lot easier. 

Glenn

pfrederi

Wheel Horse kept changing the way hubs were secured.

Cotter pins and hairpins

E Clips

External Snap rings

3/8" Bolts with a plastic plug in the bolt to lock the thread They called it Eslock...

Snap.JPG

E Clip.JPG

bolt.JPG

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

E clip. I stand corrected. But that's it, how my wheel is secured.

Glenn

Devin

Mine uses the external snap ring i should be able to find it at Wal-Mart if the website  correct

953 nut
1 hour ago, Devin said:

Mine uses the external snap ring i should be able to find it at Wal-Mart if the website  correct

Never have seen them at my Wal-Mart, but ACE Hardware or any good auto parts store will stock them.

• Thanks 1

6wheeler

Both the external snap ring or C-clip will work. Incidentally, a body style washer  with a 3/4" hole over the spindle and clipped can help finish a job without the wheel falling off.   :confusion-scratchheadblue: Taking the 5th on why I know that :snooty:. If the hub didn't get too chewed up? Again, Taking the 5th :snooty:. The bearings are easy to replace.    Good Luck    Pat

Edited by 6wheeler
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

953 nut
18 minutes ago, 6wheeler said:

washer  with a 5/8"s hole over the spindle and clipped can help finish a job without the wheel falling off. 

The spindle is 3/4" OD.

• Thanks 1