rainesauctions

Mega 300+ Tractors to be sold at auction 9/16

rainesauctions
RAINES AUCTIONS
 300+ TRACTORS IN  TROY, VA 22974 
**LIVE AUCTION SEPT 16TH @ 10:00 AM GATE OPENS @ 8:00 AM** 
**PREVIEW FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 15TH FROM 9:00-5:00**
 BIGGEST selection ever of Farm Tractors, Garden & Yard Tractors, Riding & Push Mowers, Implements, Bush Hogs, Finish Mowers, Chain Saws, Weed Eaters, Generators, Snow Blowers, Chippers, Tillers and tons MORE all SOLD ABSOLUTE RAIN OR SHINE!!!! 

Including 80+ Wheel Horse Tractors, Wheel Horse Raider Models 10, 12, 211-4, 656, 416-8, C-160, Wheel Horse Charger Models 12, GT-14, A100, C160, D160, D200 w/blade, 310 B, 856, 317, 332, 854, 212-6, 211-5, 520-8, 211-3, C-120, Lawn Ranger,  Antique & Rare Tractors including David Bradley Suburbans, Panzer T707 & Chain Driven Bolens, John Deere Models 650, 110, 112 L, 70, 420, 214, 316, 317, 318, 160, 111, 116, 212, 216, 332, Massey Ferguson 135 Diesel, Economy Power Kings & Jim Dandy models 1614, 2414, 2418 & others, Ford, 2 Yanmar 1500 & 2000, Simplicity Models 725 w/blade, 9020, 6216, Baron 7014, 7114, 2210, 3414, 637, 3012, 3410, 728, 3415, 3314, 7116, 7117, 5116 Special, 6211, 9020, Early Speedex Chain Driven Tractor, Scarce Very Clean Pennsylvania Meteor Model 1010, Gravely, Allis Chalmers, Case, Turf Trac, Toro, Cub Cadet, Troy Bilt, Honda, Craftsman and many many others. 

##LOAD OUT TERMS ARE AS FOLLOWS## THERE WILL BE AN INDEPENDENT PERSON LOADING OUT LARGE MOWERS & TRACTORS FOR $10 PER UNIT IF YOU NEED THAT SERVICE.  DUE TO THE LACK OF ROOM, THERE WILL BE *NO* LOADING USING LARGE EQUIPMENT UNTIL AFTER 2:00 PM.   WE WILL SELL THE TRACTORS & EQUIPMENT IN THE FRONT AREA FIRST SO LOAD OUT CAN START ONCE WE ARE DONE WITH THAT AREA, ABOUT 2:00 PM.  YOU WILL ALSO BE ABLE TO LOAD OUT ALL DAY SUNDAY, MONDAY AND TUESDAY THE 19TH UNTIL 5:00 PM.  AT THAT POINT, ANY ITEMS LEFT BEHIND WILL BE SALVAGED UNLESS YOU HAVE PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE AUCTIONEERS, RAY RAINES OR CLAY DODSON.

^^SPECIAL RATES AT THE ZION CROSSROADS BEST WESTERN (WHICH IS ONLY 3 MILES FROM THE SALE) IF YOU MENTION RAINES AUCTIONS^^  CALL THEM @ 540 832 1700 AND REMEMBER TO MENTION RAINES AUCTIONS TO SAVE$$$~

Mark your calendar now for this Colossal auction that is not to be missed~ 
**CALL 540 775 3880 FOR MORE INFORMATION**

Ray Raines Auctions VA License #3395

• Like 1

Sparky

Sounds like great way to spend the day! To far away for me 🙁

Mike....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

oldredrider

I'm gonna need a bigger truck....;)

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

GlenPettit

Talked with the owner of these 300 tractors up for auction next week, and asked "how he got that many" (he's on the A-C site . . . ) :

No,none of us were dealers. All 3 of us are farmers with a major AC addiction. Gary is a super nice fella, he goes to lots of auctions and buys mainly AC stuff. My brother and I have purchased stuff from Gary. He has a lot of lawn mowers of all kinds. The most that I have seen. Just giving him a little hard time. It's great to have someone in our area with some neat stuff for sale. He also has some neat Oliver tractors. I bought a 4 bottom AC semi mount plow from him this spring.

Post Options Post Options 

Thanks (0) Thanks(0) 

Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReplyNew Post: Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 57 minutes ago at 9:48pm
Used to average about 40 auctions a year,think my personal one day record was 12 garden
tractors at the Marion PA auction one Wednesday.Been gathering up old tractors since around 1975.Have had a lot of fun and have met a whole lot of nice folks thru the years many are on here.

953 nut

Here is the first post about the tractors that will be auctioned on Sept. 16. At first I thought it may be an April Fools trick as it was posted on April first.

• Like 1

953 nut

If any of you are attending this auction  - - - - - - Please  post some :text-coolphotos: and let us know what some of the different models sell for.

:thanks:

:wwp:

• Like 1

ohiofarmer

Today is the day!  We need a full report.   :auto-rally:  Drive safely

• Like 1

dells68

On our way!  About 1 1/2 hours away.  I'll try to post something later on!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GlenPettit

Would sure love to see lots of photos, and maybe get an idea what some of these sell for.

With that many Wheel Horses, same place same time, might be some great deals there,    gosh--darn it -- so so far.

dells68

Hoping for the deals too!  I wonder how the turnout will be.  We're eating at White's truck stop then on to the auction!

WVHillbilly520H

Showed up around 8:15...sad to see one upside down on the trash pile...more to come,Jeff.

IMAG3523.jpg

IMAG3524.jpg

IMAG3526.jpg

IMAG3527.jpg

IMAG3529.jpg

IMAG3535.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

WVHillbilly520H

So far prices all over the map $10 John Deeres to $2100 Panzer Meteor ,$1100 for the older Panzer, :wh: from $25-$750 not even half way done...newer 314-8 $700 and a misbadged (GT-14) with sickle $900... all all I can take for today...heading home, Jeff.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 5

dells68

I agree with Jeff - prices were everywhere.  Some really good deals and some really high prices.  A-Z was there and picked up several to take back to PA.  I scored a roached out blackhood that has a fixable deck, good seat and tires for $50.  I got a nice 857 at a reasonable price and Emory got a lawn ranger that I paid way too much for, but he was using his money from selling some toys and I chipped in about the same amount.  I couldn't go home with two and not get it for him.  I was a little disappointed with the tractors because there was a lot of rust with some good tractors sprinkled in.  We've stopped long enough to eat at Red Robin in Roanoke on our way home.  Really enjoyed talking with @oldredrider and his friend Mike.  Really great guys!  Here are a few pics of the sale and our buys.

IMG_5721.JPG

IMG_5722.JPG

IMG_5726.JPG

IMG_5727.JPG

IMG_5728.JPG

IMG_5729.JPG

IMG_5730.JPG

IMG_5731.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H

Sorry I missed you, but I had my F.I.L along, you may have seen me I was wearing a black T-shirt with my avatar on it, but maybe we all may meet up else where in the future glad you found something you wanted and could afford, Jeff.

• Like 3

953 nut
14 minutes ago, dells68 said:

Emory got a lawn ranger that I paid way too much for, but he was using his money from selling some toys and I chipped in

:text-coolphotos:          Glad you and Emory had another father/son adventure, he got a great Ranger.            :woohoo:

I had done some on-line bidding but don't guess I was high bidder on any of them. C-195, RJ-35 and 1054; got any idea what they went for? If I had won one or more I wouldn't have minded the 14 hour round trip, but just couldn't bring myself to drive up and spend a couple of nights in a motel.

Hope we hear from others too, thanks for your update.     :thanks:

• Like 6

dells68

No worries Jeff!  My Dad rode up with Emory and I too.  It's been a really good day.  Maybe our paths will cross again soon!  Get some rest - we're wiped out!!!!!!

Hey Richard.  Not 100% sure, but I think the c-195 went around $900 and the 1054 in the $600 range.  I had planned to bid on both, but they were too rich for my blood!

• Like 5

953 nut
24 minutes ago, dells68 said:

the c-195 went around $900 and the 1054 in the $600 range.  I had planned to bid on both, but they were too rich for my blood!

:thanks:             That is about double what I had bid on line.  For non-running tractors with no idea of the condition of transmission those are very strong prices. Enjoy the ones you picked up.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
11 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:thanks:             That is about double what I had bid on line.  For non-running tractors with no idea of the condition of transmission those are very strong prices. Enjoy the ones you picked up.

Should have bid on the $10 green things :ROTF:, sorry couldn't help myself there, it was crazy things I thought would go high brought little to nothing and stuff I thought wouldn't well you know...the Yanmars didn't go high either and they both started up and ran, 2 John Deeres was of interest to me a 420 with a Briggs Vanguard repowered and 60" deck $700 and a newer looking 318 $750.

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

Were there a lot of people at the auction ? Glad I did not go with those prices , way to rich for none running tractors. Did they sell the D 250 that was mislabeled on the on line site ?

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
57 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Were there a lot of people at the auction ? Glad I did not go with those prices , way to rich for none running tractors. Did they sell the D 250 that was mislabeled on the on line site ?

I thought there was a decent crowd, did you mean the painted green D series yes it was sold as a :wh:, and there was a D250 (4cyl) that also sold for $900, the one with the backhoe sold for around the same but after the 314-8 next to the C? with the sickle bar mower,  I left for home, also the 520-8 was a hydro with under 300 hrs A-Z got that for $750.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 3

953 nut

I hope @A-Z Tractor will post a few :text-coolphotos: of the load he bought. I love to see the way Lincoln loads them up.

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

I think the whole problem on the on line site was there were not any pictures of the tower areas. I was interested in the Jim Dandy ( Economy ) tractors but I am scared to ask what they went for. There were too many mislabeled pictures JD's as :wh: etc and the 15 % premium helped with my decision not to go plus the new set of tires I had to put on the wife's car. I just hope the owner does not S can the tractors that did not sell. Hope he made out ok sale wise.

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H
25 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I think the whole problem on the on line site was there were not any pictures of the tower areas. I was interested in the Jim Dandy ( Economy ) tractors but I am scared to ask what they went for. There were too many mislabeled pictures JD's as :wh: etc and the 15 % premium helped with my decision not to go plus the new set of tires I had to put on the wife's car. I just hope the owner does not S can the tractors that did not sell. Hope he made out ok sale wise.

I believe the Jim Dandy went for $500 non running, most of the others(bigger ones) went for more, the big Simplicity went for $750, like I said before all over map price wise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

roadapples

Thanks for the info from everyone who replied :handgestures-thumbupright:  Not too sorry I stayed home now...

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

I was only an hour away and it got me out of the house and away from other stresses of this month.

• Like 4