WHX??

A 1055, she's a project all right!

WHX??
10 hours ago, Shynon said:

:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

I figured that kind of response was coming! :lol:

Tins & head bolts are no problem 953 Nut. there just happened to be on that popular auction site that had all the correct tins. Even the correct SG bracket will come easy, its the correct head that's gonna let the moths out of the wallet! :) From what I have seen so far NOS ones are available yet at over 100 and used ones not much less than that. Time to scavenge the bone yards & pick through bins at the tractor shows.

The Pioneer Power show we go to doesn't have much in the way of parts save for a auction where motors may be available for parts. Didn't you mention a huge swap meet in the spring at PP  Tom? If you go let me know will have to have you do some lookin for me...after all this tractor might end up in your herd!

Edited by WHX11
  • Like 2

JPWH

PM sent about the head you .need.

Jay

• Like 3

ACman

Cheers to @stevasaurus  IMG_1722.GIF.3954bf58ea88e9316d3e7d604dc34a0d.GIF to helping you .... wait no cheers till afterwards :handgestures-thumbupright: .

Use it to to your advantage Jim ... like leading a horse with a carrot :lol: !   

• Like 3

Shynon

Going to PP spring swap meet with @prondzy . I should have all the parts you need. That generator bracket and belt guard are special to that motor. 

• Like 2

WHX??

Little up date here as I recently scored on another 1055 that was local. Another non-runner fer sure and transmission in this one feels real gritty too and does not go into all gears.  The good news is it does have the motor parts to make one out two so that's the plan. After some searching here there really isn't much here on RS on this model. In fact the only pictures I could find was of @953 nut's So I'm thinking while not rare just something we don't hear much of...the  short frames with a big block. First thing will be to strip down both tractors to sort out the best motor &  frame to start building on.

20170601_172646[1].jpg

20170520_112322[1].jpg

20170601_172319[1].jpg

Dash must have been changed out ... T handle controls & electric clutch switch hole????

20170601_172550[1].jpg

I think the mud daubers liked those empty points holes!

Also what's with the lever on the side of the fuel pump?

From the duct tape files

20170601_172213[1].jpg

20170520_112459[1].jpg

The bracket Tom mentioned

Moss grows fat on a non rolling horse

20170601_172717[1].jpg

Edited by WHX11
  • Like 2

JPWH

Let me know if you decide to part with the dash.

Jay

WHX??

Hanks got dibs on the dash & it's yours Jay, I will definitely be going to use the original style. Be warned that it might be awhile tho as I don't plan to get started on this till end of summer and get some other projects out of the shop.

let me know if you need it sooner and if I get the time I'll get if off.

20170416_190240[1].jpg

Oh by the way if you want the dash the seat HAS to go with it!! :ychain:

I'll be using this one

20170416_190226[1].jpg

• Like 2

JPWH

sounds good. I have a seat frame I will trade.

Achto
31 minutes ago, WHX11 said:

Also what's with the lever on the side of the fuel pump?

Looks like a primer lever, some Kohler fuel pumps had these. I like the duct tape shifter boot, totally custom.

• Like 2

WHX??

Note the two different steering wheels, I'm thinking the 2nd one is correct but the 1st is a WH one.

I'll peel it off real careful Dan and it's yours! :ROTF:

Note the rad regulator mounting bracket.... yours too!

• Like 2

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:       The second one is a lot more original, first one has running boards and dash from later model. 

4 hours ago, WHX11 said:

what's with the lever on the side of the fuel pump?

That is a primer lever, they stopped using them after 1965. I think they are great, even put one on my 312-8.

• Like 1

WHX??
21 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

The second one is a lot more original, first one has running boards and dash from later model.

Backwards Richard but you are correct, The first one is more original chassis wise but the engine was funked, second one engine is orig but chassis is funky. That's the beauty of both tractors one has what the other needs. Will make for a good marriage I think. What's the chances of finding two tractors for less than 150 clams local like this? Think maybe the Ponds are looking out for me or the horses?

Interesting notation about the boards, I had first glance thought they were just some cobbled on affair from not even a :wh: Was raining pitchforks & hammer handles the day I went to look at.  After I got it home and did some more looking and come up with the speculation that a PO had a Raider that some things came off of?

20170601_172231[1].jpg

20170601_172236[1].jpg

:text-imsorry: for the upside down pic

Also note the sticker indent on the belt guard, is that correct? and the seat latch....the more I study my own pics the clearer things become about her sordid past! :huh::lol:

5935cd6d9a04b_20170601_1722311_jpg_e7125979bcc0292c2fe7f7c1ecdc6675.jpg

much better

Edited by WHX11
  • Like 3

Retired Wrencher

WHX  l Think two is better than one. Good project. Enjoy.  Maybe a winter project?

Edited by Retierd Wrencher
  • Like 1

WHX??
2 hours ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

Maybe a winter project?

If I can wait that long!

Between work, family & tractor shows it may have to

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Time is on your side as long you have a place to keep them.

• Like 2