bmsgaffer

You didnt mention asking price, but if the restore is as good as it looks in those pictures (which I would expect since they have pics of the restoration) I would expect that to run in the 2500 (super deal) - 4000 range and I wouldn't bat an eye if I was looking for one. Especially with the low-hour onan. 

Tractor - 1800-2000

2 Stage - 500-800

Cab - 250-500

Plow blade with extensions - 250-300

Mower deck - 150-250

wheel weights - 75 (plastic) - 200+ (cast Iron)

+ all the extra kibble and bits

That tractor looks familiar, it might be a members here?

Oh, and it appears to have been converted to the forward swept axle, so there is not much improvement on the 90+ models unless it does not have the gear-reduction steering. 

• Like 3

BaySide1

I left out the Asking Price because I wanted to see what you guys thought. Meeting with the owner this week and chances are this will be in my Garage by Saturday.

Being that I can't find any comps I thought maybe a few opinions would help.

Big question, buying a restored tractor versus one that is all original. How does this affect resale if I want to move in a different direction in the future?

Does it hurt or Help?

This thing is in "show" condition.

Also, the Cab is supposedly a bit big. Anyone have any experience modifying these?

bmsgaffer

Resale value is one of the questions I dislike the most.

Here's what I will tell you: Buy it and run it for a month, after that you wont care one little bit about resale value. :handgestures-thumbupright: (And that's why many people on here have garages and barns full of these creatures. I have limited space and half an acre and I currently have 5 plus a bunch of attachments.)

Longer winded answer: resale value is impossible to judge. There is no blue book on this stuff. If there are a ton of them out there, the value will be low, if there are only a few the value will be high. As long as the restore was done well, it wont hurt the value. More often then not "refurbs" were done poorly and those start to show problems much faster than a well done one. 

Buy it, use it, love it. If you are OK with the price then its a good value:orcs-cheers:

Oh and by the way, :WRS: you will love it here the people are awesome. 

• Like 9

Aldon

If anything I'm thinking the upper end price may be conservative.

Is the restoration on the tractor only or did the fella recondistion the implements as well.

Until you do a full resto one can't really appreciate the cash outlay it consumes. I doubt I'll ever sell mine for what I have in parts. Not to mention labor and travel etc.

That tractor is awesome looking. 

The ability to to retain value diminishes in my opinion due to time, hours and condition. 

One thing to note is if the fella did his own restoration he knows full well the value. Irregardless of whether any of us differ in opinion.

In the end some of us value the work and time such that we end up keeping it rather than subsidizing the next owner.

• Like 6

bmsgaffer
1 minute ago, Aldon said:

If anything I'm thinking the upper end price may be conservative.

I'm thinking you may be right. It depends on the deck size included and the attachments not shown too. 

• Like 1

WHX??
1 hour ago, bmsgaffer said:

It depends on the deck size

Top price for me would be right around 4K +  or - depending on that deck size and what my eyes would tell me about little details and the extras as BMS mentioned. Also the quality of the work done on it. Keep in mind what a setup like this would go for new.  One of the things I look at in any tractor buy is how well did PO's take care of it. That's is what is gonna set the price for me anyways. That it has been restored or original means little with this tractor but the fact that it has been gone through has some merit in that this PO might like to take care of his equipment.  Gotta wonder about a few things tho and good ask question to the seller...why would a PO have to  go thru a tractor  that only has 550 hrs on it??

BTW :WRS: Bayside

• Like 2

KC9KAS

@BaySide1 :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

Keep us informed of your "pending" Wheel Horse purchase!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

For what's included...

I think it's a great price.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

Wheelhouse 520H hydro tractor.
They don't make em like this anymore. Machine was meticulously owned by my cousin who just moved and upgraded to a bigger machine. It was torn down and gone through 3 years ago, painted and powder coated. New factory stickers installed, lights switched to LEDs. Runs 100%. Cleanest one around. 21hp Onan engine.
Only 519 hours on the machine.
Comes with:
-44" snow thrower attachment: throws snow about 50 feet
-Plow blade
-Mowing deck
-Wheel weights
-Rear end weights
-Tire chains
Wheel horse vinyl cab with LED light bar - not made for this machine but can be made to fit (see pics). Cab not currently installed.
-Extra belt
-Extra snow thrower neck
-chrome wheelhorse hubcaps. Is this a tractor or a show car? You decided.
-20volt dewalt drill and battery, attached to thrower to quickly angle thrower neck instead of having to turn a manual crank
-New factory sticker kit, installed
-All lights switched to LEDs
$2500 cash. Snow thrower is attached and ready to go. Bring your trailer.

Good luck & may the :wh: gods be with you.

:WRS:

• Like 5

shallowwatersailor

I'm probably sticking my neck out on this. I think you guys are pushing up the market! Certainly no more than $3K for the whole thing. It is three years since the restore and it has been used since. The labor is a wash on a restore.

• Like 4

DennisThornton

Go to a Cub Cadet or John Deere dealer and price a comparable tractor with all that new.  Whatever you pay for this WH you are looking at will seem like a great bargain!

2 more cents.  Original condition is worth FAR more than reconditioned.  Didn't say better, just worth far more. 

After what Craig wrote :

GO BUY IT!  RUN! 

Edited by DennisThornton
  • Like 3

c-series don

I personally think that is a very fair price. Someone could buy this and do it all with one tractor, but what kind of weirdo has one tractor? That would be just plain rediculous. I mean most people have around a dozen tractors don't they? Dennis help me out here! 

• Like 6

BaySide1

I will be the exception to the rule. Limited space in my garage and a wife who is watching.

So, in my defense, make one purchase and get everything at once.

That way it's , well honey it all came with the purchase.

It would be nice to have multiples :)

• Like 4

bmsgaffer
3 hours ago, shallowwatersailor said:

I'm probably sticking my neck out on this. I think you guys are pushing up the market! Certainly no more than $3K for the whole thing. It is three years since the restore and it has been used since. The labor is a wash on a restore.

I like to give wide ranges just because of the wide market. I only went up that high because of all the accessories included, never mean to drive up the market. (Just another reason i dislike whats it worth posts!) :orcs-cheers:

But yes, definitely a fair price, go get that!

• Like 2

benji756

That looks like its a 90 or newer tractor, it has the hydro shifter by the steering wheel not between the operators legs like the 88/89's do. If I read a earlier posting correct the asking price is $2500? If so I think thats a good deal for everything thats included, jmho.

Cee245

I would seriously consider buying that tractor if it were closer, even though I don't have the room or need...  With all the attachments, it would be exactly what I'm looking for. The price for everything seems inline with what I've been seeing lately.  

roadapples

Go get it, and  :WRS:

MalMac

If this tractor is indeed a 90. It will have the forward swept axel, but no steering reduction. In other words with that two stage on it will steer like a log wagon. Just so you won't be surprised if you do snag it and get it home.

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: A little more weight hanging off the back should negate that problem.

• Like 2

squonk
37 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:rolleyes: A little more weight hanging off the back should negate that problem.

M-I-L seat? :lol:

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Well yeah...    :confusion-shrug:

where else would you put her???   :)

Can't leave her at the Biglerville bus stop.

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 3

shallowwatersailor
1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

I had a '90 and no, it does have heavier steering. More so than a  classic Wheel Horse due to the 16x7.50-8 tires. Two possible fixes (more weight in the rear will not help) would be ribbed tires and/or find a Steering Reduction setup to install. Definitely a good prospect to purchase though.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

DennisThornton

I'm thinking Craig was not meaning wheel weights but rather referring to weight hanging OFF the back.  Behind the rear axles.  To counter balance that blower hanging OFF the front.  My 522xi came with a weight box on a heavy duty bracket that is well behind it's axle.  And it has power steering. 

• Like 1

BaySide1
1 hour ago, shallowwatersailor said:

I had a '90 and no, it does have heavier steering. More so than a  classic Wheel Horse due to the 16x7.50-8 tires. Two possible fixes (more weight in the rear will not help) would be ribbed tires and/or find a Steering Reduction setup to install. Definitely a good prospect to purchase though.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

do you have a picture of these ribbed tires you are suggesting?

• Like 1

WHX??

3_Rib_Front__18253_1338838234_1280_1280.jpg

I think this is what John @shallowwatersailor is referring to. Pic is just representative ...many other styles available in most common GT sizes