Joebag

okay guys what am I missing here on the left left side control peddle arm that you work with your left foot to stop and go. The pedal just stays down and no way of stopping by just lifting your foot so the peddle can raise up and down

20170101_120949.jpg

Edited by Joebag
More info spell correct

953 nut

:WRS:     The pedal you are referring to is primarily a "Brake" pedal that puts the transmission in neutral (hydrostatically locked up) when properly adjusted. You can find out more in the attached manual.

• Like 1

Joebag
10 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:WRS:     The pedal you are referring to is primarily a "Brake" pedal that puts the transmission in neutral (hydrostatically locked up) when properly adjusted. You can find out more in the attached manual.

Thanks for the info and one other thing where this is at 876 what K series is it serial number 175 319

Edited by Joebag
More info
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

Sounds like you are missing a spring on that pedal.  Can you do a video of how you are trying to work this horse??

It is a K-181-S...8hp.  I am just re-building mine on my 857 and next is the one on my 876...needs the same thing you are talking about.  Check out this rebuild thread by Prondzy.

• Like 1

Joebag
13 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Thanks for the info and one other thing where this is at 876 what K series is it

Yeah I can make a video with no problem I'll shoot a video real fast and then post to my YouTube channel and then post a link here

• Like 1

Joebag

Yeah I can make a video with no problem I'll shoot a video real fast and then post to my YouTube channel and then post a link here

LOL I went to the rebuild link you sent and on my horse someone had the carburetor and governor pin in the wrong place. The pain was in both holes farthest hole in the carburetor in the top hole on the governor arm so I tried to drop the governor arm down and end up breaking the pen.

stevasaurus

Your engine is a K 181 S  8 hp Kohler.  The "S" means electric start.  :)  Let's do the video 1st and see what you have there, before you start tearing things apart.

stevasaurus

OK...you posted the video as I was typing the above.  The engine sounds good for the moment.  Let's do 1 thing at a time.  That is the transmission.  Is it cold enough there that you could have ice in the trans??  I do not have that lever at the top, right on my 876...not sure what that is...parking brake maybe.  I'm also not sure that the left peddle is nothing but a brake...the forward/backward lever acts like the clutch/stop/reverse all in one.  I wonder if you are trying to move the horse with the parking brake on??  You could kill it that way.  Does that make since??  I can do a video of mine...that may help.  :)

2014_0707extra0004.JPG

Joebag

Ok yea video

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Maybe can do tomorrow.  :)

Hacksawhero123

In the video, the cam that is flopping around on the left end of the rack is attached to the brake pedal via a linkage rod. As you step on the brake pedal, the cam rolls and centers the rack to the center (neutral/park) position. With the engine off, you should be able to push your direction stick full forward or reverse and step on the brake and watch the stick move back to neutral position. Look at the exploded view on the parts breakdown in the manual and compare to yours. Yours is either missing something or is really worn out. 

Mark 

Steve, the lever on the top right that you were unsure of should be the parking brake and also the idler pulley to stop the pump. I've only dealt with a C160, but that is how mine is set up. 

Mark. 

• Like 2

Joebag

Yeah they are nothing there so obviously I'm missing a small pulley or something

Joebag
1 hour ago, stevasaurus said:

OK...you posted the video as I was typing the above.  The engine sounds good for the moment.  Let's do 1 thing at a time.  That is the transmission.  Is it cold enough there that you could have ice in the trans??  I do not have that lever at the top, right on my 876...not sure what that is...parking brake maybe.  I'm also not sure that the left peddle is nothing but a brake...the forward/backward lever acts like the clutch/stop/reverse all in one.  I wonder if you are trying to move the horse with the parking brake on??  You could kill it that way.  Does that make since??  I can do a video of mine...that may help.  :)

2014_0707extra0004.JPG

The pulley at top right that is  a pulley on it and it disengages the drive so if I pull it up I can't go forward or backwards I have to push it down. It Works in conjunction with the bottom liver down next to the right tire underneath

• Like 2

Shynon

213848.jpg

Little off topic, this was posted for reference for Joebag

Edited by Shynon
Added coments
  • Like 3

Sarge

On the '66-'67 hydro tractors such as the 876,877,1076,1077,1276,1277 models there is a small spring that is suppose to go off that eccentric cam and hooks into the front of the sheet metal box forward of that linkage . I had a pic here somewhere on the computer but can't find it - had the same issue with mine when I first got into WH and my 1277 .

In the IPL (Illustrated Parts List) for your 876 model it is part #182 - spring , WH number 1230 . That spring holds tension against the cam and hence holds up the clutch pedal as well ...

Sarge

• Like 2

gwest_ca

Here is what I have on the 1230 spring

Wire .040" or 1mm dia,

Distance between hooks 1.750" or 44mm,

Coil OD .350" or 9mm,

Coil length 1.024" or 26mm,

24 coils @ 1.024" = .042667" wire diameter

When you go to Toro the 1230 shows up as a duplicate part. They likely have a replacement spring but have not published the part number.

Have a local Toro dealer that can help you? They should be able to find the spring you need.

Garry

• Like 1