WHX??

National PR day

WHX??

@Retired Sparky says this is National Prime Rib day?? My favorite good eats .... I don't order it at a restaurant anymore, I can make it better at home. Wife loves it so much I get promised whenever I make it. Tradition I make it New years eve and 1/9/62....her b day.

20150814_202340.jpg

20151226_100956.jpg

Best served with these

20151029_182455.jpg

20151101_125114.jpg

• Like 3

stevasaurus

The Prime Rib is my favorite cut also.  I like it with a Scotch on the Rocks.  I decided to try to make my own this last year...it came out fantastic.  The 5lb roast cost me $72, but the wife and I got 4 meals out of it.  Jim, we found a restaurant  in Chambersburg that does a real nice job with Prime Rib that Chris and I have gone to a few times through the years at the Big Show.  It is the "Copper Kettle"  featuring Prime Rib, Steaks, Seafood and Cocktails.  :woohoo:  Friday is a good day to go there...something to think about.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

953 nut
14 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

"Copper Kettle"  featuring Prime Rib, Steaks, Seafood and Cocktails.  :woohoo:  Friday is a good day to go there

Sounds like a plan; count me in!

• Like 3

WHX??

Your in Richard... .. you & me & Steve will have a little Navy reunion & swap sea stories....cept he's got none cause he's never been to sea....:lol:

@squonk says thers an Italian joint to die for as well....

My PR recipe is quite simple... rub it down good with rosemary, thyme & basil & a  little salt & pepper. 350 oven for 1 1/2 then turn the oven off and leave it in. You can leave it in for hours while yer out getting some seat time.  DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR & tape the damn thing shut or padlock it so no one else does either! One  hour before chow turn the oven back on to 350 and it's cocktail hour cause an hour later it be done at medium rare...The roast and maybe you if the 'tails go down good & you had a few beers while getting that seat time! I put a digital meat thermometer in it so I can watch it outside the oven. 135-140 for medium rare...higher if you like it medium or well done. My wife has coniptions if it goes over 135...she likes it mooing yet...:lol: Don't forget the Au jus and add pan drippings to it. Ta heck with the baked potato ...all that starch is bad for ya and you don't need that when you are tryin to clog your arteries.

I get a five pounder but a good rule of thumb is a pound per person if your havin a dinner party. leftovers are always good and make an awesome vegtable beef soup!

• Like 3

stevasaurus

Rare to Medium Rare for me.  I have how I did it written down, but with out looking...I seared it on all sides 1st, then seasoned with salt and pepper (patted in on all sides).  Cooked at like 350 for an hour and then about 250 for about 3 hours until the thermometer hit like 227.  Then let it rest covered for an hour.  It came out with that nice crust on the outside and between red and pink inside.  It was my first time for that...won't be the last.  :)  Some garlic butter on the baked potato...and a few spears of asparagus.

AU JUS!!!  :handgestures-thumbupright:  Apetizer...oysters on the half shell. 

• Like 2

squonk
3 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

The Prime Rib is my favorite cut also.  I like it with a Scotch on the Rocks.  I decided to try to make my own this last year...it came out fantastic.  The 5lb roast cost me $72, but the wife and I got 4 meals out of it.  Jim, we found a restaurant  in Chambersburg that does a real nice job with Prime Rib that Chris and I have gone to a few times through the years at the Big Show.  It is the "Copper Kettle"  featuring Prime Rib, Steaks, Seafood and Cocktails.  :woohoo:  Friday is a good day to go there...something to think about.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

What time do we eat? 767109581avatar.gif  207109581avatar.gif  267109581avatar.gif

• Like 2

Shynon
4 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

found a restaurant  in Chambersburg that does a real nice job with Prime Rib that Chris and I have gone to a few times through the years at the Big Show.  It is the "Copper Kettle"  featuring Prime Rib, Steaks, Seafood and Cocktails.  :woohoo:  Friday is a good day to go there...something to think about.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Steve sounds like a plan I'm in.

• Like 1

Retired Sparky

I'm happy I could start such a delicious conversation.:techie-typing:  B)

• Like 1