groffster99

Looking for snow blower advice.

groffster99

I just bought my first WH, yesterday. I was delivered to my house this morning. I can't wait to get home and get on it later today. Seemed like a great tractor when I was testing it out. It is a 520XI. I'm hoping to put a blower on it. I'm curious as if there are other blowers out there, other then theToro or the New Holland GT series that will fit the 5XI's.  Any thoughts and information would be helpful.

-Charlie

• Like 2

953 nut

:WRS:  With a bit of ingenuity and elbow grease you should be able to adapt any make blower to your :wh:, but in the long run it would be better to look for the correct one.  :twocents-02cents:

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

None that I am aware of. You might be able to adapt one from another tractor with the PTO pulley in the front of the tractor, but it would probably be easier to find one for an xi, in my opinion.

doc724

I agree with Brian,. Keep your eyes peeled for used blowers.  This year alone, I saw 4-6 on various CL posts

953 nut

The :wh: Collectors Club show is coming up June 24 & 25 near Chambersburg, PA. Lots of implements are offered for sale there and many are pre-sold on this site. Post a "Wanted" ad in the classified section here, never know what may be out there.

groffster99

Thanks for all the answers guys. Great advice Nut. I might see if I can get here and check it out. Fired up old red today and mowed my yard, and camping area with her. That 60" deck did a great job.

• Like 1

roadapples

:WRS:

groffster99

Thanks Roadapples

• Like 1

Scotsman

I have a newer tall chute on my 418-A 

but I hear those 2 stage ones are really great

if you can find one,and when you do,they usually go for 600$ -900$ 

Make sure there is no play in the auger shaft,or if you get a good deal on one that needs bearings,I found a machinist on ebay who made his own.

they are billet aluminum and come in a pair.

he sells them for half what a oem goes for.

be sure to grease your roller chain when you get one.

image.jpg

• Like 2

Forest Road

Keep your eyes on CL and the classified section here. Both style blowers work very well. The single allows you to move a little faster. For the average snowfall up to 12" the single is the way to go.

The two stage really excels at deep snow banks. I have both and primarily use the dual to move those big piles my plow guy leaves behind. And by the time I get to it they're pretty well firmed up. 

Either er way you can't go wrong w a WH blower.

• Like 3

wrightorchid

Next you will want a cab, and then that might lead to another ultimate snow chunker!!!

• Like 2

groffster99

Thanks for all the info guys! 

Lagersolut

< I didn't even look on the Bay or Craigs list - found the one in my AV mounted on the C-101` here in the classifieds last year in a very short time .  After the 3 ft snow in PA this year very very happy with it . Wished I put the time looking for one in 20 years ago.

Classified section here is great - picked up a lot of good stuff there last few years .

• Like 1